Noddy24

Sun 13 Jan, 2008 04:53 pm
IM3--

Welcome.

Hope we can help.
0 Replies

Eva

Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:33 pm
Oops! I haven't checked this thread in ages. I hope IM3 got the information he needed.

I gave my notice today. I'm staying through the end of the school year, but they need to start looking for someone else to take over the newspaper classes next fall.

It's a good decision. Honestly, I've done everything I wanted to do with this. The classes are stable in terms of enrollment, everything is well-organized, and now it's just a matter of repeating the same lessons every semester. They have other people who can do that.

Next fall, SonofEva will be in the high school. It's a small building, and my office is there so I hang out there a lot. He deserves some space. It ought to be his school, not mine. It's time for me to get out of his school life.

I have several months to go, and I know I will be very tired of this by May. I can feel it coming. I will miss some of the kids, though. Of course, I'll still see them at school events. It's been a good experience for me, but I'm ready to move on.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:37 am
Eva--

Very wise--but then Goddesses have good sense and control destiny.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:44 am
Sounds like you've handled this whole thing really well, Eva. Congrats!
0 Replies

Eva

Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:49 pm
Thanks to both of you.

You know, these "leaving" decisions are usually pure agony for me. But this time, I feel very peaceful.
0 Replies

elian27

Wed 8 Aug, 2012 07:40 pm
@Eva,
Hi Eva,
I'm a high school student who is interested in pursuing journalism in the future. This coming year I want to start up a school newspaper, but I'm stuck as to what I should do. I have very little journalistic writing experience; I tend to read more than write.
I was wondering if there were any tips you could pass along: anything about starting up a school paper, or just tips on journalism/editing, writing a good article, a recommendation to another website, perhaps, or - if you've created one - a course outline for what you've been teaching. Anything would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
- Elian R.
cicerone imposter

Wed 8 Aug, 2012 08:11 pm
@elian27,
I'm late to be making any suggestions, but my first thought was to let them create their own newspaper after having some discussions on what they want from it.

Let them make their mistakes; a good learning experience.
0 Replies

proofreadmyfile

Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:20 am
@Eva,
Hi Eva
Its great that you are going to start High School Newspaper, I think you should start your paper online that will help you more to get popular your newspaper and students can read easily.
Good Luck Smile
0 Replies