Bush saw first plane hit the WTC on 9/11

candidone1

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 01:57 pm
I have supplied the timeline of the events from 9/11.
Bush could have been told of the event, but no TV station was broadcasting the video feed of the incident on television at the time he was whisked into the classroom.

This doesn't reek of conspiracy, rather, it simply demonstrates how much of a yutz Bush is.

I am far more interested in the uniform collapse of WTC 7, the uncharacteristic put options placed in the airlines and the leasing/security questions.

I don't completely buy either version yet, but I find much of the "official" one a bit stinky on a few levels.
IMO, it has a false flag scent to it....but that's just me.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:09 pm
Intrepid wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
A lot of people saw it hit. I guess they are all in on it too. Rolling Eyes

I think the point being made was that he said he saw it before it was made public. This, of course, does not provide any proof of a conspiracy or other involvement.

Bullsh!t. Those videos were available to the public the same day.

Of course they were. We ALL know that. Ok..what time were they available? The first crash, that is. And, what time did Bush go into the classroom?

If memory serves, I recall the new showing videos of the first plane late afternoon on 9-11.
0 Replies

Shellgame

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:27 pm
The lie Bush told was about having seen the first plane hit the tower BEFORE entering the classroom.

Quote:
BUSH: Well... (APPLAUSE)

Thank you, Jordan (ph).

Well, Jordan (ph), you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my chief of staff, Andy Card -- actually I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it, and I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my chief who was sitting over here walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower. America's under attack."

Maybe he felt he needed to make something up to sound like he was aware and in charge the whole time, and added some of his characteristic Texas charm with the little "bad pilot" joke.

Yuk, yuk. Aint he a stinker?

(Not that that makes him the Grand Scammer. Just a lier.)
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:33 pm
woiyo is playing the "ignorant" card. Smile
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 03:01 pm
woiyo wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

I think the point being made was that he said he saw it before it was made public. This, of course, does not provide any proof of a conspiracy or other involvement.

Of course they were. We ALL know that. Ok..what time were they available? The first crash, that is. And, what time did Bush go into the classroom?

If memory serves, I recall the new showing videos of the first plane late afternoon on 9-11.

Based on your memory, it would have been impossible for Bush to have seen the video in the morning.

I accept your anticipated apology for the bullshit remark.

Laughing
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 03:25 pm
woiyo wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

8:46:40am: Flight 11 crashes at roughly 490 mph (790 km/h or 425 knots) into the north side of the north tower of the World Trade Center, between floors 94 and 98.

8:49:34: The first news and radio organizations report an explosion or incident at the World Trade Center. CNN breaks into a commercial
CNN headlines first read 'World Trade Center disaster.' Carol Lin, who was the first anchor to break the news of the attacks, said: "Yeah. This just in. You're looking at obviously a very disturbing live shot there. That is the World Trade Center, and we have unconfirmed reports this morning that a plane has crashed into one of the towers of the World Trade Center. CNN Center right now is just beginning to work on this story, obviously calling our sources and trying to figure out exactly what happened, but clearly something relatively devastating happening this morning there on the south end of the island of Manhattan. That is once again, a picture of one of the towers of the World Trade Center." Later, Sean Murtagh, CNN vice-president of finance, in an on-air phone call, said from his office in the CNN New York bureau that a large passenger commercial jet hit the World Trade Center. Murtagh was the first network employee on the air. The first email bulletins of breaking news from CNN and MSNBC report "fire at tower of World Trade Center". Both CNN and MSNBC's websites receive such heavy traffic, that many servers collapse. BBC News' website is active and shows a picture of the North Tower on fire. Minutes later, email news bulletins revise the reports of fire to a plane crash

**note** only footage of the burning wreckage is shown, not the actual plane hitting the building.

9:03:13: Flight 175 crashes at about 590 mph (950 km/h) into the south side of the south tower, banked between floors 78 and 84. By this time, several media organizations are covering the first plane crash; millions see the impact live.

**note** coverage of first plane's damage provides news agencies with live feed of second plane crash. The first plane crash was not yet televised

9:03am: President George W. Bush enters a classroom of Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Florida, as part of a scheduled visit to promote education and the Bush administration education policies.

Source

Bush repeatedly claimed to have seen the first plane hit the WTC, which is a temporal impossibility. There was no video coverage of the event at teh time in which he claims to have seen it.
Had he corrected himself in later interviews, he would have seen like less of a putz.
I'm sure his recollection was of the 2nd plane, but nevertheless, I wouldn't expect someone like Bush to correct himself.

What I find more repulsive is his ability to sit and read when told that "America was under attack".
Again, no support for conspiracy in his delayed response, just further evidence of how much of a putz he is.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 03:42 pm
It is not so unusual that Bush's recollection was faulty. It has been speculated that it is the right-wing who is fueling this 9/11 conspiracy nonsense in an attempt to paint the left as wackos.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:07 pm
woiyo wrote:

Your memory is as faulty as the president's. The only known footage of the first plane hitting the WTC was taken by the French documentary filmmakers Jules and Gedeon Naudet (find it here). This footage was not broadcast until the next day, Sept. 12, 2001.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:19 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Your memory is as faulty as the president's. The only known footage of the first plane hitting the WTC was taken by the French documentary filmmakers Jules and Gedeon Naudet (find it here). This footage was not broadcast until the next day, Sept. 12, 2001.

Thus again reinforcing research about the faultiness of memory.

One of the most interesting bits of research I have read is about so called "flashbulb" memory.

A cohort of folk was selected very quickly after the shuttle blew up on re entry (I don't have a hyphen on this keyboard..sorry) and interviewed on tape about what they were doing, how they found out etc.

A year later they were interviewed again. Most (if not all, I can't remember) had totally different stories.....AND a number swore, when they heard the tape of what they had originally said, that the "memories" they had constructed over the ensuing 12 months were correct, and the tape was wrong.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 06:02 am
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Maybe, yet how long did you scour the WEB to find the site?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:53 am
woiyo wrote:

Not very long at all. And if I had been looking for it specifically, I would have found it even faster.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:13 am
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Not very long at all. And if I had been looking for it specifically, I would have found it even faster.

Thanks for confirming that everyones memory fades as time passes by.

(Which does not excuse leaders mis-speaking. Only us common folk)
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:16 am
woiyo wrote:

I never said or implied that Bush was lying or covering up some kind of conspiracy. I agree with dlowan: Bush was simply misremembering. Nothing terribly sinister or conspiratorial about that.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:52 am
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:

I never said or implied that Bush was lying or covering up some kind of conspiracy. I agree with dlowan: Bush was simply misremembering. Nothing terribly sinister or conspiratorial about that.

Agreed.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:18 pm
Exactly, just because he didn't remember the event properly doesn't mean it's a conspiracy.
He'll just bever be able to recount to his grandchildren, with any degree of accuracy, where he was when the first plane hit.

Proof of conspiracy? Absolutely not.
Aptitude test? Probably.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:04 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Exactly, just because he didn't remember the event properly doesn't mean it's a conspiracy.
He'll just bever be able to recount to his grandchildren, with any degree of accuracy, where he was when the first plane hit.

Proof of conspiracy? Absolutely not.
Aptitude test? Probably.

Probably not.

Most of us THINK our memories of such events are accurate....but research seems to imply otherwise.

I think other "tests" have suggested great inaptitude on the part of George W...but I don't think this is one of them....unless you consider someone in his position should ensure he is accurate in reporting his memories of events such as this.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:10 pm
Well, one would think, that had an individual had a "mis-recollection", they would have not maintained said recollection beyond the time when it became a proven falsehood.

He claimed to have seen the first plane hit the first tower. It was an impossibility to have seen it at the time he said he saw it, yet he continued to state, quite factually, that he saw the first collision on TV before entering the classroom.

I would hope, as the President of the United States, that if he is going to recount an event in front of the nation, he'd better have his facts in order. Otherwise, Brandon will forever be correct in his repeated assertions that Bush has never lied.
If you simply don't do your homework, or do a sloppy job with the handling of and dissimination of information, you are not culpable of lying.

I have a problem with that.
0 Replies