What in the heck is "Drop Foot"?

springdreamer

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:56 am
@dogwalker,
I found your comment while looking online for the condition u seem to have had. How did you make out?
0 Replies

Timothyford

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:48 am
@jeanniefranks,
Drop Foot can be caused at any age and it doesn’t allow an individual to walk properly and makes them to lift their knee beyond the level they used to lift. It is generally caused due to any nerve injury.
0 Replies

bonniedpeterson

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 08:14 pm
@Muthamedia,
Hello Jeannie,
Take heart, it should get better. I had an injury last March and all of a sudden I started stumbling and falling and experiencing excruciating pain if I walked even a short distance.

I began doing exercises on my own, but months went by with no results. I became very depressed and started PT for about 6 weeks. I still was in pain and could not lift my foot. After continuing to exercise my foot, I suddenly realized that I was not stumbling and stubbing my toe. My gait was normal. So after 9 months, I still have numbness and pain if I walk more than a few blocks, but I'm getting better and my foot is stronger. I have full flexibility of my foot though. I believe, eventually the numbness will go away. So hang in there and continue to exercise.
0 Replies