Help needed with Marlboro contest question

stickhoe

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 11:23 pm
I can't find this answer either and desperately need help. Cow Country clash? I don't know what that even means. And no, unless you go to the ranch, you don't get free cigarettes to enjoy with some tasty beer....
makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:51 am
Quote:
Don't let the name fool you - the Rockies ain't the stones you'd have to get over at this Cow Country clash. What is it?

Ok..Boom says the "Tetons"...which make sense...

I agree with Rocky Mountain Oysters...

But looking at it again...try finding a rodeo, cowboy days...festivals...in a particular county.

Clinton, Montana...located in Missoula County & the Rocky's....

Quote:
Testicle Festival

Rocky Mountain Oysters feed served with cowboy beans. Music day and night. There will be over 2 1/2 tons of this gourmet food served. Starting small in 1982, the Testicle Festival has become the largest party of its kind in the world! Enjoy the music, food and adult activities organized by the Rock Creek Lodge hosts. This event is for mature audiences, probably not suitable for children under 21 years of age.

Montana has Granite County, Yellowstone County, and Teton County

The Marlboro Ranch is called Crazy Mountain Ranch

Probably not any help, but might give you an idea for another answer....lol
0 Replies

aliciamichele

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 02:07 pm
Marlboro Questions
Alot of people are working on getting these clues answered -- it says in the rules you can only have FOUR team members and no outside help -- this is cheating. Plus asking for the answer to be posted online for everyone to see isnt going to help you, only hurt you, because everyone in the contest can see the same answer, which means everyone will get that point for the question, and will leave you right where you started. Not only is it more fair, it is also smarter to keep these to yourself. I have the answer, and it is none of what has been listed. I found it from a little work and searching online -- as you can too instead of asking others for the answers.
0 Replies

aliciamichele

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 02:07 pm
Marlboro Questions
Alot of people are working on getting these clues answered -- it says in the rules you can only have FOUR team members and no outside help -- this is cheating. Plus asking for the answer to be posted online for everyone to see isnt going to help you, only hurt you, because everyone in the contest can see the same answer, which means everyone will get that point for the question, and will leave you right where you started. Not only is it more fair, it is also smarter to keep these to yourself. I have the answer, and it is none of what has been listed. I found it from a little work and searching online -- as you can too instead of asking others for the answers.
0 Replies

purpleferfer

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 05:44 am
I wanted to comment on cheating. There is no way to cheat at this contest. Marlboro says we can get the answers any way possible. Internet, family and friends, public lobrary, anywhere we want to find the answers. They only give the prize to whoever is on the team though. And I feel that if we can get help from each other on the harder ones, that is ok too.
0 Replies

aliciamichele

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:09 pm
Hey if you want to TRUST the answers be my guest --
In last years contest others a bit more vindictive than I, instead of asking nicely not to post these questions, they begin to post false answers under different names, and have others validate them. You are best off doing this the Right way, and doing your own "homework".
0 Replies

cowboymatt71

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 03:05 pm
marlboro contest
Tetons Good Guess We were thinking black hills there is a county named cow county near them,But then again the clue say stones and yellowstone is a good guess as well good luck to all but more luck to us
0 Replies

yomikey

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 10:10 pm
i think that it is talking about the rocky mountain oyster festival...look at the wording of the riddle......the rockies aint the stones youd have..talking about the oysters....to get over at this cow country clash...talking about the festival. i think the word over is placed to make us think mountains....play on words. they want you to think mountains.
0 Replies

tex311

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 07:44 pm
Its Marlboro FRENZY
I'm also playing this crazy ass scavenger hunt of sorts, I agree w/mountain oysters at the festival... but thats my opinion... besides theres only 98 more questions after this and they ain't getting easier. As far as cheating just about all my homework now days is online. How is this any different??? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cowboymatt71

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 10:12 am
marlboro contect
ok rockie mt oyster it is. Any ideas On #3
0 Replies

jrdavis8

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 04:00 pm
#3 is Santa Fe
0 Replies

cowboymatt71

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 04:16 pm
why santa fe
Whats your reasoning, Just cant put it down without some know why
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:56 am
Marlboro Quiz - Jenny
Hi, just a thought! I was researching another clue and found out that on of the climbers of the rock formations was named Jenny - I haven't read through all the information yet, but she may be the Jenny instead of the one in the video. Sound isn't great on that part of the video. If you find out anything else, please share. I am doing research for my daughter and having a blast. Thanks
0 Replies

DiamondDust1975

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 08:13 am
Marb Quiz
I also found the bio of the artist, and if you read it it mentions Taos New Mexico.... any insight???? Can someone also help me with clue 4? " It is said in this establishment a handshake and 25,000 bucks turned a group of wild "horses" loose on a field" I am thinking it has to do with football and the broncos, but I was also wondering about a place called the Pony Pub???
0 Replies

fridayjones

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 12:58 pm
You SUCK!!!!! I am also in the Marlboro Outwit the West contest and ihope the Marlboro company catches you CHEATING and disqualifies you!!!!!!!!!! All answers are supposed to be provided by you or your team members ONLY!!! Are you and your team going to share your prize money (one million$$$$$) with EVERYONE who provides you with answers? I would tell you that you should be ashamed, but that would require you to have some self respect. To everyone else, Please, don't help thit person to commit FRAUD!!!
0 Replies

DiamondDust1975

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 04:39 pm
Marb Quiz
Ok, I have had enough of this childish crap about cheating. I called the Marlboro in regards to the rules of where you can find help in finding the answers to the quiz and they told me that you can find the answers in any means you can to research them. You cannot however get answers from some one who works for Marlboro, and you cannot make an official website of your own dedicated to the quiz itself. I have been doing my own research to find my own answers, and if I do ask for help, I still research what is given to me for help to make sure that I believe that is is the correct answer also!!! If I any one would like to ask me for an answer and I have gotten to that part of the contest, or I can assist in looking together for the answer, I will certainly do so. I would love to be one of the top 20 to atleast make it to the Ranch, since I have never been there, and I could do a lot with a MILL but, I hardly doubt I will make it there myself!!! Therefore, If I can at least help someone to make it there, I would still be happy to do so!!!!! Now, If you would please mind your own business, it would be greatly appreciated. Just because you want to be a stick in the mud does not mean everyone else wants to be. And to all of you people on here, who enjoy helping each other with this contest. Thank you for all of the help you give to everyone. This is my first time asking for help with this, but if I can offer any help, just please let me know!!! Oh and by the way, it seems as though you are benefiting by the answers provided by the help that people ask for or you would not even have bothered to post on the thread or even READ it for that matter!!!
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 04:47 pm
Marlboro Quiz
Thanks, for your comments and suggestions! I agree 100%. If someone needs an answer, and I have it I will give it to them. This is a game and a challenge, but it is not suppose to turn nasty. We could all use the million, but only 20 get to go, so-----! Let's play like good little people, eh?
0 Replies

teddy247

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 05:44 am
My answers that I have are as follows.

#1 Sonoran Desert

#6 Terlingua Texas

#7 Top of the Rockies

#13 New Mexico... world record parachute jump

#22 Wynn Las Vegas

Please feel free to research and confirm. I think the wild horses one refers to the Denver Broncos, but have not been able to find anything about the establishment. Hope this helps and feel free to share. Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 11:38 am
Why don't someone give us a list of all the questions....I have moments where I don't have anything better to do...and wouldn't mind helping. I'm sure some of the others that are paying attention to this post, would'nt mind either.

So...someone want to list us some questions?
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 12:20 pm
Help needed with Marlboro contest question
Here are the questions, thanks for your interest and maybe suggestions.

1. I crossed through a desert past Casa Grande, and saw things you'll only find down that way. There was an old man that had nothing to say, and a tall organ pipe that nobody could play, and mountains of garlic that stood plain as day. But my memory's bad, so I can't quite convey the name of that desert, try as I may. But maybe you'll learn it, and I hope you do. "Cause you'll need its name to answer this clue.

2. Don't let the name fool you -- the Rockies ain't the stones you'd have to get over at this Cow Country clash. What is it?

3. Skies, flowers and skulls collided with easels, paints and canvases when a visiting painter was inspired by the splendor of this town's landscape.

4. It is said that in this establishment a handshake and 25,000 bucks turned a group of wild "horses" loose on a field.

5. We've heard of a home where the buffalo roam, and the deer and the antelope play. But seldom is heard of an encouraging word from hospitable dinosaurs suggesting where to stay. Tell us what highway is overrun by these reptiles.

6. When one New York writer claimed he could serve up the best batch, a Texas writer was quick to challenge. They could only agree to a flavorful showdown in this sleepy Trans-Pecos town and the rest was history.

7. This lofty stretch of pavement is the highest in the West and took a decade to finish. Take the high road to this answer and tell us its name.

Here is the first installment, I already think I have all of these, but it is a start for you and anyone else to play with.
0 Replies