Help needed with Marlboro contest question

callie

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:18 am
Can anyone help solve this question:

Don't let the name fool you - the Rockies ain't the stones you'd have ti get over at this Cow Country clash. What is it?

Thanks for any help. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 852,586 • Replies: 16,988
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 12:52 pm
This is a completely wild guess:

There is a book called Cow County and it takes place in Montana and Wyoming so my wild guess is the Tetons.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:08 pm
Is this so ypu cam win Marlboro cigarettes and die of lung cancer? I won't even venture a guess.
0 Replies

callie

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:24 pm
If you can't offer constructive help, then please go bother someone else. You must lead a terribly dull life.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:27 pm
callie wrote:
If you can't offer constructive help, then please go bother someone else. You must lead a terribly dull life.
Yes, exactly, this is a public forum and if you're going to bother someone, it should not be here. I never bother anyone because I havea terribly exciting life throwing rocks at christians/jews/muslims and mormons. I also maintain a steady diet of Velveeta and smoke Camel cigarettes.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:39 pm
Of course, you're right Dys. And I notice the answer to this riddle is cleverly concealed within your response. How devious!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:56 pm
callie wrote:

yeah c'mon nick....this person is totally serious. if you're going to rag on him/her because he only has 2 posts, remember that when I had 2 posts I launched the Ask Dr. Chai thread.

Look how far it's gotten me.

I rest my case.

so, the answer is Velveeta, right?

if you leave velveeta out too long it turns into a cheesy rock.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 02:30 pm
boomerang wrote:
This is a completely wild guess:

There is a book called Cow County and it takes place in Montana and Wyoming so my wild guess is the Tetons.

There is also a book titled "Cow Country" by B. M. Bower recounts a (fictional) groups cattle run up the Chisolm Trail which would be from North Texas (Red River), between the Wichita Mountians and Arbuckle Mountians in Oklahoma and then on to the rail head in Abiline Kansas. Wink

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext99/cwcnt10.txt
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 06:03 pm
Or perhaps it refers to this....

Quote:
The bulls at the Larimer County Fair and Rodeo should have been a little nervous Saturday evening.

At the rate contestants in the Rocky Mountain Oyster eating contest were putting away the beef delicacy, those bulls could have become steers quite quickly.

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20060806/NEWS/108060079/0/FRONTPAGE
0 Replies

kandinjodyjay

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 02:37 pm
if any one knows that answer i need help also
0 Replies

wyldchild62174

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:06 pm
Marlboro challenge
ok Rockies no stone

Colorado Rockies Mile High Stadium.....

Its just a thought and as for the cow country clash arent footballs made from leather or rawhide....
0 Replies

Anaka

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 12:07 am
marlboro contest
i am doing the contest also and think that we are looking for Rockie Mountain Oysters
0 Replies

Independent Mind

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 02:26 pm
Marlboro out west
I took a guess with the Mexican Highlands. There was another possible choice, but I can't remember it... Good Luck!!!
0 Replies

Independent Mind

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 02:30 pm
Jenny Mumbles!!
Could anyone get what Jenny said? I couldn't hear it, I tried looking up the name of the place, and found the owner (I think) Debra. But it sounded more like a "G" name when I was watching the disc.

I'm just doing this for the fun...So I'd be happy to share my answers
<really doubtful I'd win
0 Replies

purpleferfer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:38 pm
I need it too
Hi, I am in the contest too, I have a few ideas as to what it may be, email me so we can try to figure it out together if you want.
[email protected]
0 Replies

purpleferfer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:42 pm
its me again
I didnt realize so many people here were looking for the same thing...
it may be something to do with the battle at little big horn, that was a huge clash in cow country, there is a cow country historical marker a little north of where it happened
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 04:08 pm
I tried to smoke a camel once ... ever since, I have the impression of a hoofprint embedded in my forehead.
0 Replies

crbcrb78

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 06:30 pm
The Cow Country Clash?
I think it needs to be something in Marlboro Country. That's what this whole book is about. Discovering Marlboro Country, so it can't be velveeta.
0 Replies

froggie cf

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:48 pm
Malboro Game
I just started this game tonight and could use any help that you are willing to give. I think that i got the answer to number one (Sonoran desert). I am now attempting the second question.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:54 pm
Naww...your making it too hard.

Marlboro is all about the Cowboy way of life....

If I had to bet money, its about Rocky Mountain Oysters.
0 Replies