we say terrorists kill innocent people...

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:16 pm
But do they?

Suicide bombers do not believe that the people they kill are innocent.

We practically cast our votes without seeing where they land. Are we as innocent as we would like to think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 14,710 • Replies: 293
No top replies

McTag

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:18 pm
Hey did you see Doonesbury today? Good.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:38 pm
bm

Gonna pass for a bit. Wanna see what others say first.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:40 pm
I'd call babies and little kids with their arms and legs blown off innocent.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 01:04 pm
McTag wrote:
Hey did you see Doonesbury today? Good.
'Inciteful'
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 01:22 pm
Quote:

Yes. So it's kind of obvious that I'm not talking about them. :wink:

I am referring to the people who can vote and who can influence their society, either by ingenuity or sheer numbers. If those people don't give a damn about what happens elswhere in the world, are they innocent?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 01:45 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

I am referring to the people who can vote and who can influence their society, either by ingenuity or sheer numbers. If those people don't give a damn about what happens elswhere in the world, are they innocent?

And we blow as many arms and legs off "innocent" babies and little kids as do the terrorists. (Not that that changes the equation!)
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 05:47 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

And we blow as many arms and legs off "innocent" babies and little kids as do the terrorists. (Not that that changes the equation!)

Who is 'we'?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 05:47 pm
Obviously it depends on the definition of "innocence" which can be twisted in any way you like to suit the argument du jour.

In a terrorist sense...civilians that are not directly involved in attacking the cause for which the terrorist is acting may be called innocent, whether it's a new born baby or a serial rapist nazi who swears a lot.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 06:05 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Who is 'we'?

The "we" in the title of this thread.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:13 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Who is 'we'?

I say that terrorists personally and directly have killed innocent children. How have I personally and directly done the same?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:16 am
The argument is, you have done it personally by electing a government and paying taxes....no different to having arranged a "hit".

(not MY argument, but there it is anyway)
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:26 am
Eorl wrote:
The argument is, you have done it personally by electing a government and paying taxes....no different to having arranged a "hit".

Kinda like when a bank teller is shot by a smith and wesson and every person who is employed and every stockholder of that company and every company who is in business with smith and wesson.....on and on and .... all personally are guilty by arranging the "hit" on the bank teller.

Would the Chinese people who invented gunpowder be blamed as well.

How about the steel factories their employees......ad infinitum

I can see why it is'nt your argument Eorl.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:29 am
The 7/7 terrorists killed a Muslim.How does that work?!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:37 am
Eorl wrote:

In actuality.....I have not elected any official nor have I paid taxes in quite some time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:39 am
Bartikus wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Who is 'we'?

I say that terrorists personally and directly have killed innocent children. How have I personally and directly done the same?

First...try to get treated for the paranoia, Bart. It can get worse if you don't.

Sorry you considered my remark to be a direct, personal attack on you!

Try reading what was originally written...and my response...with your head out of your ass one time.

See if things change.

If not...come back. And I'll 'splain it in short sentences and with small words.

You might want to consider what Eorl wrote while reconsidering the conversation up to now.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:49 am
It does concern me so much whether they are killing innocent people or not.
It's enough that they are killing people.

And, of course, some of those they kill have been 'bad' folks. Have possibly killed others either directly or indirectly.

If it's somehow worse to kill the 'innocent', well then only very small children are 'innocent'. And even that could be argued.

I know I am not innocent. Neither is anyone posting on this board.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:57 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Who is 'we'?

First...try to get treated for the paranoia, Bart. It can get worse if you don't.

Sorry you considered my remark to be a direct, personal attack on you!

Try reading what was originally written...and my response...with your head out of your ass one time.

See if things change.

If not...come back. And I'll 'splain it in short sentences and with small words.

You might want to consider what Eorl wrote while reconsidering the conversation up to now.

I appreciate your sincere concern about any paranoia I may be experiencing and if it makes you feel better I will talk to a professional about that who has been educated enough to diagnose and treat such a thing.

I did'nt think your remark was in any way a personal attack towards me if that helps to put your mind at ease.

I don't know what you and yours are capable of but I can assure you my head is not up my ass or anyone else's for that matter.

You don't have to use small words or short sentences Frank....I think your doing just fine.

Take care now....buh bye. Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 04:00 am
Bartikus wrote:
[I appreciate your sincere concern about any paranoia I may be experiencing and if it makes you feel better I will talk to a professional about that who has been educated enough to diagnose and treat such a thing.

I did'nt think your remark was in any way a personal attack towards me if that helps to put your mind at ease.

I don't know what you and yours are capable of but I can assure you my head is not up my ass or anyone else's for that matter.

You don't have to use small words or short sentences Frank....I think your doing just fine.

Take care now....buh bye. Smile

Good response, Bart.

:wink:

Gonna go play some golf now.

Hope you have a great day.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 04:02 am
flushd wrote:
It does concern me so much whether they are killing innocent people or not.
It's enough that they are killing people.

And, of course, some of those they kill have been 'bad' folks. Have possibly killed others either directly or indirectly.

If it's somehow worse to kill the 'innocent', well then only very small children are 'innocent'. And even that could be argued.

I know I am not innocent. Neither is anyone posting on this board.

I agree flushed....the truly innocent are few.
0 Replies