Saving Private Lynch - a Made-Up Story.

Tartarin

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 12:48 pm
It will be interesting to see what response Kucinich's demand (request?) for an unedited copy of the Lynch rescue video will receive from Rummy.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:35 pm
Indeed. Could it be that Rove (or some other eminence grise who pulls the strings) dreamed up the whole scenario? Wouldn't surprise me in the least...
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 10:09 pm
You guys can make some money if you bet nothing will be forthcoming. Look at all that's at stake here. Who's the bad one in all this? We have a whole cast of characters, but nobody will point a finger anywhere. Who in the WH could claim authorship of this?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 10:37 pm
They're all complicit. Nobody's innocent in that whole bunch. They willl all swear ignorance or misinformation from intelligence. c.i.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 12:12 am
Tartarin wrote:
It will be interesting to see what response Kucinich's demand (request?) for an unedited copy of the Lynch rescue video will receive from Rummy.

Does anyone know whether or not Kucinich could subpoena this tape if it is not forthcoming?

This entire fabrication could cause a harsh backlash against Dubya. It could also lead to other lies and/or videotapes that could cause a national uproar still roaring close to Election Day 2004.

What is the truth about the Lynch episode? Where are the "weapons of mass destruction"? Where are Messrs. Hussein and bin Laden?

Our reputation with our allies has been damaged already. Can we expect an international repudiation of Dubya much more strident than we've heard 'til now?

What really inspired Operation Iraqi Freedom? Is the Dubya administration covering up what its real motives were?

It seems I -- and so many other voters -- have more questions than answers.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 05:34 am
Williamhenry -- I want to say, "Oh, sigh" about a subpoena. There has been no "poena" that works with this administration, and that's the scary part. No laws are applied; no customs respected. Smash, grab, run -- how Bush runs a presidency.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:25 am
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/comics/updating/trever.gif
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:41 am
Ashcroft is the one we need to keep our eyes on. He's asking for more powers to reduce our civil rights. He's asking congress authority for the death penalty if the justice department can prove anybody is involved with terrorist activities. You know how reliable that is? c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:54 am
Cic -- Don't fail to let your senator know where you stand on that. Seriously.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:07 pm
Tartarin and c.i.<

We've all heard of Ashcroft's devotionals . . . we've all heard of Dubya's
prayers.

Does it strike you -- as it does me -- that these two "leaders" are in fact waging their own jihad? That they are just as religiously obsessed as terrorists except Ashcroft and Dubya practice the "good" religion?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:10 pm
Pentecostal.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:22 pm
Quite it now you guys.
This is getting me really creeped out and ... scared.

Wasn't there a sequel to The Exorcist where Damian tried to be President or something? Everyone has their own agenda, and everyone has their own upbringing ... and you never really know a person ...

No, I'm sure he's just doing the best he can for the benefit of everyone, like any good President should. That's the way it's supposed to be. That's the way it is, dammit. I'm sure of it. I am.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:55 am
Codeborg... what color is the sky in your world?
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 03:11 am
Private Lynch.
Severely injured... from vehicle roll over while uder fire in Al-Nasirya (sp?) when company accidently lost their way. Many casualties... US troops (Cent Com version... they were ambushed"). No discrepancy there... bring a map dammit and you won't drive into hell.

Private Lynch.
Iraqui lawyer walks 6 miles (probably barefoot through the snow) to tell US troops about her, but also saves her from amputation (reason amputation didn't happen is garbled). Remember she has been shot, stabbed and beaten....

or was it beaten shot and stabbed... hmmmm... I don' t remember?

Private Lynch
Big Star Wars Storm Trooper rescue takes place.

Private Lynch.
She is happy all POWs rescued. Offered book and movie deals.

Private Lynch
I AM RICH!!!

Private Lynch
Private Lynch and family on gag order by Pentagon.

You be the judge.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 03:31 am
GreenEyes wrote:
Codeborg... what color is the sky in your world?

Sorry, WilliamHenry's idea of an American Jihad just made a lot of sense ... putting many pieces together for me in a very disturbing way. I'm better now that the shock has worn off. Confused

(PS -- The sky is usually black. Occasionally it is blue, but I wish it were gray and stormy with a howling wind and biting snow. Big weather makes me stop and think. Often I think "What the hell am I doing here?" and this is a good thing.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:50 am
GreenEyes, You missed one important point from your list when you said, "Private Lynch Big Star Wars Storm Trooper rescue takes place." You need to add: "They had a movie crew with them to film the whole darn episode." c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 11:12 am
I just heard that Jerry Bruckheimer was part of the Lynch rescue. Perhaps that's what you mean, CI? Will look for verification.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 11:56 am
Good point c.i.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 04:35 pm
And what happens to Rupert Murdoch, who made those deals for the tv show, the pub stories, and had a hand in the movies?

While you're looking up, Tartarin, see how far in advance all this was planned. Since it's coming apart at the seams now, just how much of what we were fed was pre-planned? Many of the embedded journalists said that in many cases they were never allowed to get close, but were fed stories.

GreenEyes - see, that's what I have a problem with. Up to a point, Lynch was a soldier under orders. But there was a point at which that changed. So now I have a funny feeling about this whole, entire caper from the git-go. I wonder if that's part of what John Dean meant about comparing this to the Watergate cover-up? He was there, and a part of it, so maybe he recognizes certain signs.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:25 pm
I agree Mama.
0 Replies