My 2 Cents
Please forgive me if these characters were mentioned before (I only read the first page or two of comments
Ditto to all coments that were stated prior. Cannot single out one character over the others as it's the whole ensemble that was unforgettable.
Coach on Cheers
- Can there ever be someone so perfectly written and acted within a comedy vehicle? Loved that man and his comedic timing. May his soul RIP forever.
- undoubtedly as good/goofy/endearing a character as Gomer Pyle. - all woven within a carefree, slap-happy comedic vehicle like Gilligan's Island
- does it get any better as a home-spun philosopher, wise man, gentle-but-firm foil to Mr. Drysdale banker character
Ellie Mae Clampett
Place your own comment here, but understand that myself and many of my contemporaries puberty was spent admiring her breathing ability.
. A clown that was unequalled by many except maybe Gilligan's character.
- Already commented on prior posts by many. Groundbreaking, and created pathos unlike other tv characters with less dimensionality.
- TV Hall of fame - end of comment
- fun, campy, and appealing to all ages
Gomez Addams/John Astin
- campy, cool, kooky, and pretty good believable acting.
My Favorite Martian/Ray Walston
- campy, funny, clever, well-acted, and had me glued to the TV whenever it was on.
The Hulk/Bill Bixby
- entertaining for all ages, well acted, serious for a TV show that used a cartoon as its basis.
Fred Gwynne/Joe Ross
- Car 54, Where Are You - This show and these 2 characters still kill me.
- for the reasons previously mentioned. Ahead of its time