thanks ,though it is late !
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 04:35 am
@whitesnow10,

you're welcome, whitesnow10... Smile
whitesnow10

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 05:36 am
@Region Philbis,
to be truth, i haven't visit this forum for 4 years! 4 years ago i was a college student, now i have graduated for 2 years , i must work ,so forget lots of things !but i want to do something meaningful !
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 02:26 pm
@Lightwizard,
Well Independence Day II is far and away missing the "fun with cliches" that ID 1 had.
This was so bad that it was sadly funny where they didnt want it so.

DUM DUM movies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 02:31 pm
@farmerman,
You do know that Lightwizard is no longer with us, right?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 02:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You do know that Lightwizard is no longer with us, right?

I really miss him a bunch. One of the most film educated of a2k.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 02:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
of course. My meager submissions arent about him, they are about the INDEPENDENCE DAY II , which was the seond offering of that triumvrtyr.(There will be a ID3-in about 2 yers, they just telegraphed it). I hope the box office of ID2 is so bad that they reconsider.

STOOOOPID MOVIE.

Still, I miss Lightwizard, he was our best source of info about art and film as an industry
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 02:55 pm
@farmerman,
He knew a whole lot about lighting too. Kind of a renaissance guy.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 04:04 pm
@ossobucotemp,
he did stage and screen lighting also didnt he? I knew tht he was as smart as a whip about prints and mass prints.
I used toconsult him whenever I was considering buying a Guy Cohelach or Robt Batemeqn print. My office walls were covered with the elecphants by these two artists.

Wiz was not kind about limited edition prints unless the artists were somewhat well known . He used to call em "posters" and I, in his honor, have adopted that term when Im looking at lithos and multiliths
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 04:07 pm
@farmerman,
about 10 years ago, I had the opportunity to buy a Jamie Wyeth signed and numbered litho and two Guy Cohelachs as a "bundle". I sent Wiz a post via e mail nd asked his asvice as to agood auction bid. I got em all for under 500$ and sold the Wyeth print for 2200 and kept the Cohelqhs for my wall.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 05:40 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah. I agree. We didn't sell that stuff at our small gallery, a time that George and I talked by phone once in a great while - though I get the desire by artists. One of my zillion art classes (ok, about 30 quarters) was printmaking. I was crazed for a while to put an etching press in my rented garage. Instead, I went to the art building at the university and printed as others left, say, 1o pm to 2 am. Then I'd stop at 7-11 on the way back to my apartment (ice cream). Work the next morning at the lab. Not every day, natch.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 06:05 pm
@ossobucotemp,
This reminds me of a jolly argument between an italian friend and George and me, about, what - a redo of what, somebody's memorial in a piazza in Rome's old city, Augustus if I remember. This was probably on abuzz, but I'm not sure, maybe on a2k. I think Paola and I lined up... to straighten out George.. which might not have happened.

She was online as PaolaL, and she and her (I assume well known to italians, a journalist) husband lived in Rome and New York City, and she and I and Diane and I met when I went back to NYC in 2003. She knew she was dying soon and told us both, but took us free into the Met, had lunch with us, and met at other galleries. Geez, I liked her. And Geez, I liked George.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
thanks for that "jolly" post.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:52 pm
@farmerman,
I'm sure that most of us who knew Lightwizard miss him. Gee, how long ago was that? My memory is getting real bad.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 03:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
It was in the early fall of 2010 I believe. I looked at his last post here and it was in Aug 2010.

I recall many running discussions with him, and osso an some others, about art marketing an valuation. Man knew his ****.

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 03:17 am
@farmerman,

possibly 2011
http://able2know.org/topic/177386-1
0 Replies