Help: Difference between the Western and Eastern breakfast

chenxi

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 01:57 am
Embarrassed I'm a Chinese student. My teacher asked us to prepare a topic about "Differences between the Western and Eastern breakfast".Could you help me?Tell me something about Western breakfast.Both traditional and morden are OK.Thank you !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,696 • Replies: 6
No top replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 11:23 am
Re: Help: Difference between the Western and Eastern breakf
chenxi wrote:
Embarrassed I'm a Chinese student. My teacher asked us to prepare a topic about "Differences between the Western and Eastern breakfast".Could you help me?Tell me something about Western breakfast.Both traditional and morden are OK.Thank you !

Typically, western breakfasts consist of eggs, bread--usually toasted and served with butter--and different cuts of pork, for example, bacon or pork sausage. A cereal is also common, served with milk, either oat meal consisting of cooked rolled oats or other grain or a commercially processed, boxed cereal, such as corn flakes. Orange juice and coffee are most often taken with breakfast. For variation, pancakes or waffles are served. Sugar-coated processed breakfast cereals are very popular with children.

Oddly enough, Americans insist on a great variety of food for the dinner meal, actually complaining about the same dinner meal two days in a row, but we insist on eating the same basic breakfast virtually every day of our lives.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 11:32 am
Re: Help: Difference between the Western and Eastern breakf
coluber2001 wrote:
Oddly enough, Americans insist on a great variety of food for the dinner meal, actually complaining about the same dinner meal two days in a row, but we insist on eating the same basic breakfast virtually every day of our lives.

You're damned straight . . . i'll have three eggs, poached, sausage links, back bacon, home fries, biscuits and gravy and about a gallon of Columbian coffee . . .

. . . well, i'm waiting ! ! !
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 11:35 am
Well, one great difference is the time both are served. Don't try to serve somebody in the west a breakfast at eastern times... or vice versa!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 11:37 am
A common breakfast served here in the Southwest would be slow roasted rack of squirrel shredded and served in a corn tortilla wrap with mayo and mustard, or Capt'n Crunch with crunch berries (republicans usually have cheerios)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 12:59 pm
Of course, chenxi, we could better spot the differences if you would tell us about breakfast in China.
0 Replies

chenxi

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:55 am
thanks
Rolling Eyes First,I want to thank you all.
Well,I think Roger is right.I shoud tell you something about Chinese breakfast,then you may show me the differences much easier.
In different parts of China,we have different kinds of breakfast.Usually,in the north of China, we usually have "oil stick"--in Chinese we call it "Youtiao",small dumplings,popped sesame ,steam bread,oily pancakes ,
roasted pancakes,Crispy Skin ,congee,soybean milk,porridge,eggs,etc. :wink:
0 Replies