When's the last time you did something extravagant?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 11:51 pm
I was a drug whore for a while, as I became a "subject" once in a while for pay. Memorably to me I grossed out on something, twelve pills a day. Some ordinary uric acid metabolic drug,,,they would look for changes in normals (moi et al). I got seriously tired of all the pills after 14 days or whatever it was.

Well, that was then. Now I know people keep going on all those pills.

As a lab supervisor, I had various pharmaceutical co salesmen charming myself and others. Although some of those guys were pretty cute. We we not swayed back then, in our lab, by sales pitches. But in landscape architecture, my profession after that one, people were more, uh, naive. I would be one out of seven not having a catered sandwich for the lecture on whatalbegibbets.

Not that I am sooo pure, let me count the ways not. But I don't like somebody else's idea of my lunch AND I don't like to do eeny meeny bribes, so that I specify their eeny meeny products.

I have always preferred straightforward sales, sans slimelite. Have been alone in the room on that one. Sorry to offend people here who might do this for a living. But it is icky on the receiving end.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 08:47 am
Today I'm doing something extravagant.

I'm wearing underwear.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 09:03 am
It's only extravagant if they're clean, slappy...

Sometimes I pick up the bill when we're out with friends, and when they wanna know why, I just say, because we're with you tonight. I dunno if that's what you mean. Here in Germany that's pretty seldom done.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:21:32