Female teachers and male students

ralpheb

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 06:49 pm
Traditionally it has been male teachers accused of being with students. Lately there has been a surge of female teachers accused and convicted of being with their male students. Why do you think there has been such a surge in this.
Traditionally men have been accused of this and we are told it is because men are trying to dominate females but female teachers do it because of "love." do you believe this still holds true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 10,980 • Replies: 18
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 07:32 pm
I think that human nature has its plenitude, and that what you see in the press is the merest filip of what happens - and that is then blown up in the press, not entirely without reason, but many times beyond reason.

I think there are as many possible delvings into and reasons for female aberrance in teaching as males'. Manipulation takes many forms, some of them even fine, as in good teaching, or seeming to be good teaching.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:10 pm
There probably always was a similar ratio between female teacher/male student, and male teacher/female student,
however, I do believe that the male students probably are
the ones who rarely make any accusations.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:15 pm
Looking at the why of that, over time, CJ, is tricky.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:35 pm
Well, there is a name for "love" when it is between adults and kids, and it is criminal offence.

I have a feeling that part of the awareness of female teacher to male student sexual abuse is its interest to the press...the instances seem to get a lot more hype than male to female.

Hard to know, though.

I think the guys call it love, too....probably sometimes it is.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:02 pm
My own limited experience is with watching female students being in moon orbits around a male above-person.
But I'll quickly move from that to acknowleging interested (presumably) underling and wise consellor.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 02:18 pm
I think it might be that females are more careless.
I know it sounds sick, but I think Male teachers have been doing it longer and focus on the females they can manipulate easier.
But that one femal teacher realy got me 28 encounters in a week! and having an audience.
0 Replies

Armageddon

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:44 pm
Girls mature faster than boys. Girls are looking for a more mature partner than what they find in their own age group. Male teachers... anything I say now will just be me being sexist. Either way, thats for girls.

Boys are frankly more easily manipulated.

Who's to say which is more rampant and which goes on longer? Male teacher/female student is just generally assumed more likely, and probably sought after. Parents are overly cautious of girls (in my experience), and are more likely to find out (seeing as girls can rarely keep things to themselves).

Boys just wont accuse a woman of raping him.
0 Replies

LeilaJoy

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:17 am
I think that the female teacher who have abused their situation with male students that they are teaching are in the end teachers who have fallen for the "they love me". It is perhaps that the male student does love her, for her being their teacher. In some cases the only true encouragement that some boys get is from their teacher. I have seen boys moon over their female teachers too, it is not just the girls. I have heard male students refer to female teachers as MILFs and I have heard them rate certain teachers on a scale of one to ten. Some people are oblivious to the admiration or lust in some cases. I had a colleague who had no idea that the girl he was tutoring was "crushing on him" and I also had a female colleague who received an honest marriage proposal from a student days before his graduation. She of course turned him down because one it is unacceptable for a teacher to encourage this kind of relationship and two she was already married. The world today is so different from when we were in school. It seems that in a lot of the cases of female teacher/ male student that the female teacher was lacking the true encouragement that she needed and she got that from the student. When you hear "ms. so and so you are such a good teacher I think your great etc." it tends to warp a mind they may not be hearing it from the right sources. Mary Kay Letourneau probably didn't hear it from her husband or family or probably even the adminstration in her school but heard it from the boy. It clouded her judgment. You need to be in a very strange place in your mind to do what these woman have done and it all starts with misplaced love lust or admiration.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:35 am
Just so you know, the phrase "milf" is not an endearing term the way some people might think.
True there are issues at home for female teachers to do it with thier students, very much as there is probably issues at a male teachers home.
All to often the male teacher is considered the "predator" while the female teacher does not have the nasty of a label attached to her. What does a female teacher need to do before the term predator is assigned to her?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:40 am
Lets face it, its not difficult to get a teenage boy interested in sex.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:59 am
Oh, there was never a doubt about that. But it still boils down to why the female teacher is not getting the same punishments as a male teacher. And, I don't care what the parents say, that boy is celebrating big time that he scored his hot teacher.
And, in some cases, the female student is doing the same.
0 Replies

LeilaJoy

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:38 pm
As a parent of three boys and a teacher I would consider a female teacher even for the reasons that I mentioned before a predator and I would hope that she would be punished as a male teacher. tit for tat and all that.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:50 pm
Unfortunately, I was never taken advantage of, sexually, as a student. I think I'm going to sue some of my former female teachers for the torture they put me through.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 12:26 am
Slap, in todays day and age you could probably do it AND win.
0 Replies

meridas

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 07:28 pm
Hi everyone...I teach criminal justice and while I do not have any specific statistics on this issue I would argue that just because the news reports more of something does not mean it is occurring more frequently. In fact, when it comes to crime, the news often presents crime episodically. This means they focus on one particular crime and do not attend to the larger themes. For example, when the news covers a case like Laci Peterson, they fail to tell you that white women are actually the least likely group to be victimized. The most common group of people to be victimized are poor, black, young males. Yet the news does not show these types of victims very often. It's important to remember that the news is what is extraordinary not what is ordinary - esp when it comes to crime reporting.

As for why do we treat them differently, men and women sex offenders offend for different reasons. (Women tend to more often than not be reenacting past abuse - more often than men do. This is especially true with female adolescent offenders. BTW Mary Kay Letourneau's father molested a student of his.) I think the bigger reason is bc of the way our society views men and women: Teenage girls need protection...teenage boys not as much. Society often thinks that men can not be raped - "what man couldn't fight off a woman's advances??" This is part of why it is so difficult to get male victims to come forward. In fact if you look at FBI rape statistics, the numbers do not include male victims bc the federal definiton of rape is OF A WOMAN......Plus as many of you already expressed many teen boys would be psyched that their attractive teacher was into them.

Fact is...it is sexual assault the same as when a male teacher does it to a female student. Every state has an age of consent under which children as deemed incapable of consenting to sexual relationships.
0 Replies

YIN

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 05:17 am
@dlowan,
Just because it is a criminal offence does not mean it is wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 06:04 am
No one is saying that it is wrong because it is illegal. It is illegal because it is wrong.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:44 am
@ralpheb,
No, i don't believe.
0 Replies