Doggie Daycare

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:30 am
Before you say "Are you nuts??? Doggie daycare?!" please note that when I am out of town, and hubby can't leave from work, the dog would be at home for 12+ hours, in her crate. We need some sort of solution.

That being said...

Yes, I just dropped my dog off at doggie daycare. For the first time. Zoe is (hopefully) running, jumping and playing at Camp BowWow as we speak....

It was amazing to see all those dogs in there...Daycare is incredibally popular apparently in my area!

I am still a little nervous...what if she gets hurt? Or sick? She is there today for 5-6 hours, as a trial run to make sure everything goes ok. I am sure she will be fine but since this is the first time...well, there are the what if's.

Have you had experience with doggie daycare? Good or bad?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,282 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:46 am
I personally haven't but know of someone else who has and his dog seemed to love it. As they require proof of vet check up and shots, I think at least healthwise he should be fine. Much better than being left alone all day.

One other option that I know alot of people also use is a dog walker.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:36 am
Well, Zoe had her first day there. They said she did ok, was playful and fits in well, but I spied on her using their Doggie Cam online and she seemed a bit lost...and the other times she was sitting in the corner just looking around.

Of course, the camera is crappy so I couldn't really tell if she was playing or being miserable so....perhaps I misinterpreted it. She did come home with a bit of the squishies...I think she was either scared or nervous. But maybe she was excited too.

I think we will try again and see what happens.

Linkat, I don't want a stranger in my house, so a dog walker or Poop Patrol person is out.

But thanks anyway. Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:53 am
Funny how your pets can be so much like little children. Your description of your doggie reminds me so much of how I felt leaving my child at school for the first time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 11:02 am
Points to the Doggie Day Care that the atmosphere permits newbies to sit quietly and process experience if they are so inclined.

If Zoe is anti-play school, she'll let you know the next time you try to drop her off.

Your little girl is growing up.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 11:43 am
That's what I figured noddy...we'll give it another shot and see how it goes.

It is weird....I don't know how I will handle having a baby. Shocked

Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:11 pm
Bella--

You will leave your newborn with Daddy while you take a long, relaxing shower--and you'll cut the shower short because your heart is telling you that you left your precious baby alone on the floor of the cave.

You're just rehearsing motherhood, just practicing dither and guilt.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:12 pm
You mean, mothers are supposed to be able to bathe alone?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:14 pm
Hey, maybe she is experiencing a reaction to change of diet. Can you pack her a lunch?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 01:56 pm
She didn't eat anything while there...she was only there for 4 hours. And they don't give treats for reasons like food posessiveness and allergies...etc...
0 Replies