Dinner tonight - or last night.

panzade

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 10:38 am
@alex240101,
very neat
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 10:53 am
Last evening - the last of the leftover Giuliano Bugialli roasted lemon chicken, still my favorite by far chicken recipe. On the side, some sourdough semolina toast with a thick coat of a made-up pesto that wasn't bad - simmered kale, garlic galore, chopped almonds, sharp provolone cheese bits, evoo. That was the only cheese I had around at the time, would rather many others. Oh, and some cold Apollinaris min. water to wash it down.
0 Replies

StumbleUpon

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 01:44 am
The Hakka braized pig knuckles, Chetian doufu, Boiled Chinese broccoli, rice, tea. Later into night, fruit, two glasses of red wine while watching Wimbledon.
alex240101

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:36 am
@StumbleUpon,
I saw the firetrucks over a mile away. As I drove closer, my mouth opened in dismay, shock, horror. The small mexican cantina was just nothing but smoldering ruins. That was over a year ago. It was located many towns over from me, yet, always warranted the commute to get to their food. Tonight I am going many towns away plus a few extra, to eat dinner at the cantinas chefs new establishment. Joy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 10:03 am
Black bean (slow soaked/rinsed, slow cooked), bean broth, Spicy Roasted Cauliflower, mucho Garlic, sliced precooked Jalapeno Pecan-smoked Pork and Beef Sausage, Caramelized Oniona, slight bits of Sweet Red Pepper, plus chunks of Sourdough Semolina Bread* added.

That worked out to taste good.

*Pane Tipo Altamura, rec. by Carol Field in The Italian Baker
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 10:51 am
@ossobuco,
last night
grilled cheeseburgers with caramelized green onions and all the "butter and sugar" sweet corn we could eat.

I hd 6 ears an I was stuffed.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 11:14 am
I've reached the age where certain foods(sourdough bread) cause me great discomfort.
Last night I slow cooked a slab of St Louis ribs and regretfully didn't eat til 9 pm.
Woke up at 4:30 with a belly volcano.
Time to change my diet.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:26 pm
@panzade,
Ouchie, for the volcano and the need to change.
0 Replies

vivekpatel

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:31 pm
@msolga,
CHEESE MARGHERITA
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 07:02 pm
stopped at the Chinese bakery on the way home from flapper fusion class

picked up a selection of 5 for $2 buns - bbq pork, curried beef, sweet rolls, taro ...

warming a couple up in the toaster oven right now

going to have them with some nice hot mustard
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 02:46 am
@ehBeth,
Yum.

Once upon a time (shhh) I thought the saying of "Tom Cruise is coming for dinner", Roast Lamb, mmm on both accounts.

Erm, now pfttt, cooking Roast Lamb for myself and D with a hint of garlic... Stuffed capsicum with chinese inspired pork mince and cabbage with pine nuts and the must have, roast potato, roast carrot with lemon poured over, peas and gravy.

0 Replies

Ethels

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 02:32 am
@msolga,
Fried chicken, milk
FBM

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 02:52 am
@Ethels,
The first time I read that, I didn't see the comma. I did a "Wait, what?" thing and had to come back to this page a second time.

While I'm here: cheese toast sammich with tomatos.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:57 pm
Last night I made almond crusted tilapia for dinner. Easy pezy to make. I just put some breadcrumb in the small food processor, salt, pepper some Parmesan cheese and a handful of almonds and grind them up together. Soak the tilapia in some milk then coat the fish real good before dropping them in a hot skillet with olive oil. A little zest from a lemon on top.

Today for lunch I’m making some Mexican Meatball soup. Starting on the stock now. I kind of mix the recipe up a bit, like dropping the poblano pepper in and just let it cook until it falls apart. Gives a nice spicy kick to the soup

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2akclyu.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 01:23 pm
Looking good. In the past few months I've been buying fresh poblanos and oven roasting them - also easy and sort of fun to peel them (I'm getting better at it). Then I store them in olive oil.
jcboy

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 08:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Grandma and auntie Isabel our in town and yesterday we took them out to dinner in Laguna. Tonight grandma is making din din, she's making some kind of Puerto Rican meat patties with rice and beans and they sure smell good. I looked it up online and this is what I found.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Puerto-Rican-Meat-Patties/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

Quote:
Ingredients Edit and Save

Original recipe makes 8 servingsChange Servings
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
Check All Add to Shopping List
PREP
15 mins
COOK
30 mins
READY IN
45 mins Directions
In a large, heavy saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic, onions, and bell pepper; saute until soft.
Add meat; cook and stir until browned. Drain off excess fat. Stir in tomato sauce and cilantro. Simmer until cilantro wilts. Remove from heat, and cool until mixture can be handled.
Wrap 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat in an egg roll wrapper to form a triangle. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Heat vegetable oil in a wok or deep fry pan to 360 degrees F (168 degrees C). Fry patties in hot oil until golden brown. When done, transfer to plates lined with paper towels to drain.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 08:33 pm
I'd like all of that, except I don't fry super hot in a lot of oil (would probably catch the kitchen on fire), just saute the filled egg rolls in a regular thin coat of oil, flip them until brown on all sides.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 08:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Chicken cooked in the crockpot with a ton o veggies. Taken out and crisped under the broiler for the final 15 minutes.

Damn good!

I'll have to load pix of all the veggies (carrots/celery/brocolli/cauliflower/yellow pepper/onions/potatoes/asparagus) as they went into the pot. The chicken was stuffed with a small piece of the yellow pepper/onion/quartered mandarin orange. Lots of herbs/spices in the pot. Two chicken breasts joined the whole chicken in the pot.

I was nervous as I'd never done a whole chicken in the crockpot but damn ...

that was fantastic!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 08:30 pm
@jcboy,
those patties look good - I'm with ossob, would probably do more of a saute than a deep fry (because I'm too afraid of deep-frying)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 08:33 pm
@ehBeth,
You must have a whale of a crockpot (mine's small). Sounds great.

I demand photos..