Dinner tonight - or last night.

Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:33 pm
@mismi,
pork cutlet smothered in chili and goat cheese. with fried onions.

and brussel sprouts and mushrooms in mustard garlic sauce...
mismi

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 08:36 am
@Rockhead,
Grilled Tomato sandwich last night.

Summer maters cut in slices on thick bread. Buttered and put on my cast iron skillet - with fresh mozzarella, basil and oregano. All warm and melty and toasty. SO yummy. Sweet tea of course.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 06:54 pm
just placed an order at Thai Wok

pad thai
combo C
and bbq pork chow mein

yum
glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 07:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Tonight we had a new version of my "emergency " meals. These occur when nothing sounds good, don't want carry out and have to scrounge around to put something together. I sliced a chicken breast into bite size pieces and sautéed in a little olive oil and diced clove of garlic on med heat. Added fresh mushrooms and 2 mild Italian sausages, also sliced in thin circles to the olive oil and chicken. I added cumin and chili powder (I use hefty amounts of each, personal preference...you could use less). When all the meat is cooked thru, I use my desperation ingredients, one can of condensed Tomato Bisque soup and one can condensed Cream of Chicken soup undiluted . It makes a silky sauce and you can either serve it as a stew or over rice.

I seldom add any salt because the canned soup usually has a lot of salt as it is. Not very healthy, but it's quick and tasty if you like chili and cumin.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 07:18 pm
@ehBeth,
yuck

they sent nasty chop suey instead of chow mein

I called them - they insisted they'd made the right stuff

yuck

so long Thai Wok - we used to like you
Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 04:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Had a perfectly medium grilled "Fillet Mignon" last night with lots of beautifully prepared season's vegetables, accompanied with a stick of garlic bread. All so filling, we had no room for dessert!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 04:41 pm
@Dutchy,
Well deserved, Lad.

I'll have a burrito - after I roll up and slightly bake ten of them. Last time, all ten were somewhat different, given refrigerator/freezer goodies to add. This time -
already soaked/cooked pinto beans, previously frozen roasted red onions, greens thawed (kale today), already cooked madagascar pink rice, cheddar cheese, garlic slivers (thank you, Farmerman, for the advice about using a razor blade), the three oil cured black olives I have left/sliced, and maybe or maybe not a spoon of mystery pesto. The real question is, to add some of the Zuni Cafe recipe equivalent for zucchini refrigerator pickles.. they're a little sweet. Or the dollar store sweet red peppers from China (I've eaten them before and I am still here)?

For the meat, I lost my mind a while ago and bought braunschweiger in a kind of nostalgia. It would probably last forever in my refrigerator. I could throw it out. I'll put it in some of these burritos. Will add my own cooked porky pattie home grind chunks to others.

I forgot fresh cabbage. Some slivers.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Nothing more compelling than the tragedy of a Chinese restaurant divorce.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 06:47 pm
@panzade,
leftovers from Happy Sushi

yam tempura and chicken teriyaki on rice

happy happy happy
Dutchy

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 07:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Hearty T-Bones waiting to be grilled on BBQ
ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 06:45 pm
@Dutchy,
yummy yummy perogies
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 06:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Some chicken cut from bone and frozen and thawed and warmed, and some green chile salsa. Plus paper towels.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 07:28 pm
Made some egg rolls with ground pork,cabbage,carrots,green onions and oyster sauce but...didn't turn out too good.
Anybody got a good baked egg roll recipe?
Can't fry 'em.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 07:41 pm
@panzade,
someone once posted a really good inside out egg roll casserole recipe here

I made it a few times. It was quite tasty. I'll see if I can find the recipe.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 07:49 pm
@panzade,

Crispy Baked Chicken Spring Rolls

Yield: About 12 spring rolls

Prep Time: 30 min

Cook Time: 25 min
Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing on rolls
1 pound ground chicken
1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
2 Tablespoons store-bought hoisin sauce
12 square (7-inch) spring roll wrappers (See Kelly's Notes)
Sweet chili sauce, for serving (See Kelly's Notes)

http://www.justataste.com/2012/12/crispy-baked-chicken-spring-rolls-recipe/

(I use ground pork)
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 08:01 pm
@panzade,
I'm trying baking egg rolls again tomorrow. Tomorrow!! I did them before and don't remember that the baking was the reason I didn't just love them.

I've got my ingredients all fresh or defrosted etc, just don't want to start with it now.
Doing this because I recently got a fat packet of egg roll dough sheets. I'd rather make my own dough but I'm too lazy, or incompetent or a.d.d. or some combo of those. I get bored making ravioli or empanadas or whatever, so those egg roll things in the market beckon. (I just hate the small ones, slimo).

hasta manana..

panzade

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 12:35 am
@Rockhead,
thank you kindly...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 12:36 am
@ossobuco,
let us know mamacita
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 04:21 am
When we had lunch with c.i. and his "cabin-comrade" in a restaurant on the banks of the Rhine river on Monday, we had a wild boar bratwurst with creamed sauerkraut and a potato-mustard-purée.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 10:30 am
prepping veggies for stuffing tonight

cooked up mushrooms, sweet onions and celery

looking at the daikon and scallions

considering next stage
0 Replies