Do you see dead people?

Green Witch

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:35 pm
Eorl, I already have you down in the "no" column, you don't have to keep telling us, but thank you for your continuing interest.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:35 pm
I see ghosts of superstition that should have died out with the Salem Witch trials. But, alas, they haven't. Paranormal means two people who are normal to me.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:09 pm
awww c'mon GW, I was trying to spark up a little confrontational action there. Oh well, maybe next time.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:40 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Paranormal means two people who are normal to me.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:20 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Was he the one that hung out in Bean's room?

yeah.

I have not seen / heard from him in a while.

For a couple of months, randomly, the drums were being smacked in a deep bass beat.
Scared the piss outta me.
I hated it, and i would yell at the top of my lungs when it happened.

( hand me the haldol please.. )
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:46 pm
I see dead people in old movies almost every day. Today, Melvyn Douglas in "The Americanization of Emily." James Garner and Julie Andrews are still alive, and isn't James Coburn still with us?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:33 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I see dead people in old movies almost every day. Today, Melvyn Douglas in "The Americanization of Emily." James Garner and Julie Andrews are still alive, and isn't James Coburn still with us?

I believe James "Maverick" Garner is celebrating a birthday today. Coburn, however, died in 2002.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:02 pm
Merry Andrew!

haven't seen you in a while.

You're well I hope?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:20 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I'm the other one wrote:
I've seen alot and when it does happen to you, it takes on a whole new meaning then what you are use to seeing in everday life. The veil between worlds is lifted and it can be quite frightning until you are use to it.

I'm sorry this is happening GreenWitch. I do believe there is an afterlife. It would just seem so pointless to die and that's it.

Man...I was just thinking how crazy everyone thinks I am. But I don't care.

IToO, Do you realize you are using some very Pagan terms? The phrase "veil between the worlds is lifted" is how a pagan describes what happens at Samhain (aka Halloween) when it is thought the dead can return for a visit.

Why are you sorry? I prefer to believe there is an afterlife, I just don't know of any real proof. I live my life based on what would be called spiritual values, if I die and go poof! - it won't matter, if I die and there's another existence I'll think I made good choices.

I think most people believe the way you do IToO and it does not necessarily make someone crazy - just optimistic.

Eorl - at this stage we can only talk about faith, I doubt there is anyway to prove what happens after we are dead. One thing for sure, we will all find out for ourselves one day. Remember, a fundamentalist atheist can be just as dangerous as fundametalist religious person. And neither gets invited to the best parties.

I didn't know that's what the veil term meant. Thanks for clarifying that. The dreams I've had leave me with this air of mystery beyond this realm. My spirit is happiest on a full moon night. Like there's magic and energy all around. I wasn't sure what this meant either until a friend told me pagans can experience this also. And I can't get past the feeling of total oneness and connection to all things in nature. Even a bug, lol. It's pretty amazing.

Oh, I meant I'm sorry your friend is dying, not about the rest. :wink:

I think you have a beautiful soul and shall find out about the afterlife rather than feed the worms.

I'm so use to being called crazy is why I said that. But I have to agree with you on the optimistic part!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:24 pm
I forgot to add that my family and I have taken pictures and things show up in them...vortexes, mist, orbs and faces. I use to send them to spirit sites I would go to years ago and they believed they were real too.

Some are pretty creepy however.

It's funny the # of pics they would get with cigarette smoke in them claiming to be mist.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:27 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
My stance on this has always been that since the soul never dies, why not?

I had an experience in which a dead friend came to me in a dream. Was it all a figment of my imagination? Maybe. But somehow, in my heart, I doubt it.

I've lived with spirits all my life. As a child, I can remember having the feeling that someone was in my room, watching me. It went away for a while, when I was a teenager but then in college, it started back up again and hasn't stopped since.

I remember the first time it came back. I was in my dorm room, in my loft which was about 3 feet from the ceiling. (so no one could have been standing by my bed over me). I woke with a start, feeling as though someone was literally in my face, leaning over me, starting. No one was there. This occured on several occasions, sometimes accompanied by the feeling of someone sitting on the corner of the bed. Things would be moved, the room always felt heavy and sad. I hated being home. It really scared me. On another occasion, I heared footsteps in the middle room one night, as though someone was dragging socked feet across the carpet. Whatever, whoever was there, was really trying to scare us and make us miserable. Then one day, I came home and it was gone. The feeling in the room was gone. It was by far the most bizarre thing ever.

After that, I started getting into the whole occult thing, learning about spirits and cross overs. After moving, I got the feeling of a spirit again, someone watching me. Only this time, it didn't scare me. It was just...there.

Things would be moved, one night the thermostat got turned off, someone would be watching me. It was a female presense. And she wasn't malicious. I call her Sarah.

Any time things like that happen, I just aknowledge her and she settles down. It's weird. Sometimes she does scare me (you know how the human mind works) and I tell her she's scaring me. The feeling goes away.

I did see her once. I was living with my best friend in a three bedroom, two bath apt. I was in the back bathroom where there was an empty bedroom that you could see into when you looked in the mirror. One night, I was getting ready for the bar and I looked in the mirror and saw my roomie walk across the bedroom behind me. I started talking to her and realized with a start, that the bedroom was dark and my roommate was actually walking down the hall towards me. I did a double take and the image was gone. It was a woman, with long dark hair wearing a white dress. Perhaps a dressing gown or something. I ran out to my roomate and she looked at me like, "what?" It was eerie.

You might think I am nuts but there is no doubt in my mind that when we leave this earth, we don't really die.

GW, I have no doubt about what is happening. I think once we open ourselves up to it, we can see and feel the things that aren't physical any more. We only use a small portion of our brains so what makes anyone think that we are using all our senses? Ok, no jokes about the Sixth Sense... :wink:

Well, if anyone thinks you're nuts, then they I'd doubt they'd stay cracked up in the afterlife. :wink:

I recall things being pushed off of shelves and doors closing by themselves, and the tv turning off and on alot. They seemed to cling to me for a few years.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:05 pm
Green Witch wrote:

Let me be more blunt - do you see the souls, spirits or ghosts of the dearly or not so dearly departed?

Never seen a thing. And I live next to a graveyard. You'd think at least one ghost or ghoulie would have gone bump in the night in the last couple of years.

P
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:46 pm
Maybe you could try setting out some pretzels.

Or chocolate. I heard they go for that.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:50 pm
I'm the other one wrote:
Maybe you could try setting out some pretzels.

Or chocolate. I heard they go for that.

I don't share chocolate. Maybe I can find em some stale crackers.

P
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:48 pm
Thanks Merry, I had momentarily forgotten whether James Coburn had passed or not. Has anyone been haunted by him since?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:58 pm
Do you suppose The Dead haunt roadside shrines constructed by their loving family and friends?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:18 pm
I have never seen ghosts, spirits, or the like - and if I have; I refuse to call 'em that! Laughing

Sometimes I have had odd experiences that can not be explained, but I just roll with it. Who expects to know what is going on anyways?! I have never seen a human form/spirit form: like your friend seeing loved ones by the bed. I would consider that energy - not ghosts. It's not like it is actually the people that has passed on (in my mind) but rather totally different entities now.

My dad would come talk to me in my dreams, but I never figured it was actually 'him'. He's cosmic stuff and a big oak tree and a warm smile on my face now....don't really think of him as being contained to any particular form , even in to show as a spirit.

Interesting to hear how people feel about this.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:55 pm
Quote:

i took a haldol when i was 16.
that summer i had a bad strep throat -- lost about 30 lbs in a month.
i started getting a little paranoid (actually a lot Shocked ), hence the haldol.

weird side effect: it made me sleepy, so i yawned... but i couldn't close my mouth!
it was such a bizarre sensation -- like it was locked in place... lockjaw, i guess it was.

me mudduh called the dr., who said i should take benadryl, which i did... and i was soon able to close my mouth.

i then slept for about 20 hours straight Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 01:05 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
My stance on this has always been that since the soul never dies, why not?

I had an experience in which a dead friend came to me in a dream. Was it all a figment of my imagination? Maybe. But somehow, in my heart, I doubt it.

I've lived with spirits all my life. As a child, I can remember having the feeling that someone was in my room, watching me. It went away for a while, when I was a teenager but then in college, it started back up again and hasn't stopped since.

I remember the first time it came back. I was in my dorm room, in my loft which was about 3 feet from the ceiling. (so no one could have been standing by my bed over me). I woke with a start, feeling as though someone was literally in my face, leaning over me, starting. No one was there. This occured on several occasions, sometimes accompanied by the feeling of someone sitting on the corner of the bed. Things would be moved, the room always felt heavy and sad. I hated being home. It really scared me. On another occasion, I heared footsteps in the middle room one night, as though someone was dragging socked feet across the carpet. Whatever, whoever was there, was really trying to scare us and make us miserable. Then one day, I came home and it was gone. The feeling in the room was gone. It was by far the most bizarre thing ever.

After that, I started getting into the whole occult thing, learning about spirits and cross overs. After moving, I got the feeling of a spirit again, someone watching me. Only this time, it didn't scare me. It was just...there.

Things would be moved, one night the thermostat got turned off, someone would be watching me. It was a female presense. And she wasn't malicious. I call her Sarah.

Any time things like that happen, I just aknowledge her and she settles down. It's weird. Sometimes she does scare me (you know how the human mind works) and I tell her she's scaring me. The feeling goes away.

I did see her once. I was living with my best friend in a three bedroom, two bath apt. I was in the back bathroom where there was an empty bedroom that you could see into when you looked in the mirror. One night, I was getting ready for the bar and I looked in the mirror and saw my roomie walk across the bedroom behind me. I started talking to her and realized with a start, that the bedroom was dark and my roommate was actually walking down the hall towards me. I did a double take and the image was gone. It was a woman, with long dark hair wearing a white dress. Perhaps a dressing gown or something. I ran out to my roomate and she looked at me like, "what?" It was eerie.

You might think I am nuts but there is no doubt in my mind that when we leave this earth, we don't really die.

GW, I have no doubt about what is happening. I think once we open ourselves up to it, we can see and feel the things that aren't physical any more. We only use a small portion of our brains so what makes anyone think that we are using all our senses? Ok, no jokes about the Sixth Sense... :wink:

Well, if anyone thinks you're nuts, then they I'd doubt they'd stay cracked up in the afterlife. :wink:

I recall things being pushed off of shelves and doors closing by themselves, and the tv turning off and on alot. They seemed to cling to me for a few years.

Bella & I'm the one

A quite sane fellow (I think) I knew had to change bedrooms in his house because of constant disturbances of a "presence" in his original room. Much the same sort of thing you described, Bella, but more determined. He found it vey hard to get a good night's sleep with all the goings-on. And the "presence" got to him, after a while.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 01:17 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
Quote:

i took a haldol when i was 16.
that summer i had a bad strep throat -- lost about 30 lbs in a month.
i started getting a little paranoid (actually a lot Shocked ), hence the haldol.

weird side effect: it made me sleepy, so i yawned... but i couldn't close my mouth!
it was such a bizarre sensation -- like it was locked in place... lockjaw, i guess it was.

me mudduh called the dr., who said i should take benadryl, which i did... and i was soon able to close my mouth.

i then slept for about 20 hours straight Laughing

Does this mean ghosts were holding your mouth open?
0 Replies