What should be done about illegal immigration?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 06:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Reagan's amnesty didn't seem to hurt the economy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 07:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Reagan did more things that hurt this country.
Quote:
While President Bush is often criticized for good reason, Republicans and conservatives across the country hold another man high above all, Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan's policies were put in place and President Bush utilized them and continued the destruction of the United States. There's a strong case to be made that Ronald Reagan was worse than George W. Bush as president and here are five of the main reasons.

1. When Ronald Reagan came into office in 1981, the national debt was just over $900 billion dollars. Despite claiming to lower the debt during his campaign, by the time Reagan left office after the 1988 elections, the national debt has nearly tripled to $2.6 trillion dollars.
2. Taxes and size of government. When George W. Bush came into office, the top tax rate for the most wealthy Americans was only 39.6% and due to the Bush tax cuts, the top tax rate was dropped to 35%. Though other brackets were dropped as well, by dropping the top tax rate, massive revenue that was needed to fund the government was no longer coming in. The theory is known as supply side economics, or Reaganomics, where if you give the wealthy tax breaks, they will turn their added income into jobs. The problem the "trickle down" theory is that the majority of those receiving tax breaks aren't creating jobs.
3. Raiding the Social Security Trust Fund - With Ronald Reagan cutting taxes so drastically, the U.S government was beginning to starve. Reagan added to the government and didn't make enough spending cuts to offset the tax cuts, so the money needed to come from somewhere. Ronald Reagan raided the Social Security Trust Fund and replaced it with glorified IOU's.
4. Training Osama Bin Laden and other future al Qaeda leaders - Ronald Reagan thought Russia would be the possible destruction to the United States and after he was elected in 1981, funding for the rebel forces in Afghanistan increased significantly. Those rebel forces were known as the Mujahideen, who would later become al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood and the Taliban.
5. Middle Class War - Possibly the greatest failure of Ronald Reagan was his war on workers, wage earners and the middle class. There was a time in the United States where only one parent had to work and children could go to college without massive debts holding them down. Jobs offered pensions where the worker knew they had something to look forward to when they were going to retire and unions were larger, protecting worker's rights across the board. Ronald Reagan, once a former union member, turned his back against working Americans and union busting was happening across the country.
It started with PATCO, the air traffic controllers unions, on August 3rd, 1981.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 09:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What facts? You call people names who don't agree with you. That is a fact.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 09:58 pm
@Baldimo,
Hey, idiot, address the issues. I call you all those names because you earn it with every post you make; they're stupid, ignorant, and without facts or merit.

I source my opinions. Challenge what I say - if you can. But, I already know you can't. Why? Because you're so ignorant!.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 10:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're an asshole. Goodbye.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 10:14 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You're an asshole. Goodbye.

I hear he is a decent person in real life, hard as that is to believe sometimes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 10:15 pm
@Baldimo,
Bye, don't forget the close the door on your way out. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 07:08 am
In the old days whenever foreigners wanted to live in somebody elses country en masse, it was called "invasion" and we shot their asses off in things called "wars", but nowadays pinko commie traitors just let them in and call anybody who disagrees with them "racists"
Baldimo

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 08:31 am
@hawkeye10,
Well his online persona is that of an asshole and I have no time for assholes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 08:39 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Where is your family from, Romeo, and why didn't we shoot their asses off?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 02:11 pm
@maxdancona,
My surname is pure English and goes back to before 1066..Smile
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 02:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It's really extraordinary that you can trace back your ancestry before 1066 (the first of my ancestors who could write appeared not earlier than on the 25th of February 1287, and before none was mentioned).

So you're one of the original Britons/Celts. Amazing. (On the other hand, they moved from mainland Europe to the British Isles ... invaded.)
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 02:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

My surname is pure English and goes back to before 1066..Smile

Yet (correct me if I am wrong) you live in North America now? Why didn't we shoot your asses off?

If you are a Briton, at some time your ancestors came here looking to do landscaping, pick crops and care for the children of the people living here.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 05:54 pm
Who said I live in North America?
As my profile says, I live in England, I was born and bred here and am pure English.
I don't call myself British in case people get me mixed up with jocks, taffs and paddies..Smile
0 Replies