50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 08:38 am
Generally Muslims and Christians agree that whatever emanates from God, whether through in inspiration or by revelation, must serve one of four purposes:-

1. DOCTRINE?

2. REPROOF?

3. CORRECTION? or

4. INSTRUCTION INTO RIGHTEOUSNESS?

But when a BOOK of GOD has as many as 50,000 Errors, Then everybody will NEVER believe it again,

Mrs. Ellen G. White, a "prophetess" of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, in her Bible Commentary Vol. 1, page 14, has this confession to make about the fallibility of the "Holy Bible."

Quote:
"THE BIBLE WE READ TODAY IS THE WORK OF MANY COPYISTS WHO HAVE IN MOST INSTANCES DONE THEIR WORK WITH MARVELLOUS ACCURACY. BUT COPYISTS HAVE NOT BEEN INFALLIBLE, AND GOD MOST EVIDENTLY HAS NOT SEEN FIT TO PRESERVE THEM ALTOGETHER FROM ERROR IN TRANSCRIBING."

Please see the 50,000 Errors that is in the Bible,

http://www.jamaat.net/bible/AwakeArticle(1957).html

http://www.jamaat.net/bible/Bible1-3.html

Quote:
THE BOOK CHRISTENED "THE NEW TESTAMENT"

WHY "ACCORDING TO?"
Quote:
"And as Jesus passed forth thence, HE (JESUS) saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and HE (JESUS) saith unto HIM (MATTHEW), follow ME (JESUS) And HE (MATTHEW) arose, and followed HIM (JESUS)." (Matthew 9:9)

The more The "Holy Bible" lends itself to all kinds of contradictory interpretations, the more many christians agree That:

Quote:

But now Surely, as a man/woman who believes in God, The mighty, are these the attributes and qualities of God,

THE BIRTH OF "GOD"

Quote:
"God" was created from the seed of David: "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the SEED of David according to the flesh." (Romans, 1:3)

THE FAMILY OF "GOD"

Quote:
"God" Was the Son of Joseph: "Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, we have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph" (John, 1:45)

Brothers and Brothers-in-law of "God":

Quote:
"And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, in somuch that they were astonished, and said, whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence hath this man all these things? (Matthew, 13:54-56)

Read about

THE DEVELOPMENT OF "GOD"
THE TEMPTING OF "GOD"
THE MISSION OF "GOD"
THE RACIAL "GOD"
A "GOD" UNLIKE THE GOD
A Hungry "God":
A Sleepy "God": "He was asleep." (Matthew, 8:24),
A Weary "God": Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well." (John, 4:6)

From this Link... The God That NEVER was

Still,

Who are the AUTHORS OF BIBLE

Quote:
Who is the author of:

1ST SAMUEL?............ Answer: Author "Unknown"

2ND SAMUEL........... Answer: Author "Unknown"

1ST KING?................. Answer: Author "Unknown"

2ND KING?............... Answer: Author "Unknown"

1st CHRONICLES? …. Answer: Author "Unknown, probably …"

2st CHRONICLES? …. Answer: Author "Likely collected …"

and a host of more other theories and stories.

I am sure you will never Get convinced....So let them say the best about ISLAM

Do U want the Truth anyways?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 49,086 • Replies: 532
Topic Closed

xingu

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 09:19 am
This is a post I put on another Islamic thread. I thought it would be appropriate for this one as well.

And so to the Koran is full of contradictions and errors.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/contra/by_name.html

http://atheism.about.com/od/islamandthekora/

http://www.deism.com/thinksam25.htm

Here is a story of how Muslims persecute other religions.

http://www.reclaimamerica.org/PAGES/NEWS/news.aspx?story=1338

Did you know it was the Christians that introduced Muhammad to monotheism?

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-causes.htm

You boys had better learn you religions faults before you cast any stones.
chris2a

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 09:25 am
A person with good common sense, social awareness and conscientious demeanor does not need a "holy" book to guide his life. It would be nice if we could all just be instead of striving for something that may or may not be.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 09:41 am
Once again prooving that "theology" disguised as a science is laughable.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 11:07 am
MERE PROPAGANDA AGAINST ISLAM
Quote:
And so to the Koran is full of contradictions and errors.

While I know truth hurts when you talk about practical issues, It would be prudent for our readers at able2know , for critics to the above thread to bring evidences for discussions about faults in the Holy Quraan like the way this "christian magazine brought it to light" in a clear way.

Real evidences PART I

and

Real evidence PART 2

There is Nobody interested in Just Mere propagandas
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 11:26 am
dalahow2, I would gladly present you with the evidence that you need to help you clarify that the Koran is as full of crap as any other religious book out there. If you want, I'll bring back an old thread that highlights the issue being discussed here.
0 Replies

xingu

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 01:35 pm
Quote:

Like your propaganda?
0 Replies

username

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 01:49 pm
The Koran says there is a god. Big error right there. Same error the Bible makes. Anything else is just small potatoes compared with those errors.
0 Replies

real life

Sat 18 Mar, 2006 11:44 pm
Re: 50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??
dalahow2 wrote:
Generally Muslims and Christians agree that whatever emanates from God, whether through in inspiration or by revelation, must serve one of four purposes:-

1. DOCTRINE?

2. REPROOF?

3. CORRECTION? or

4. INSTRUCTION INTO RIGHTEOUSNESS?

But when a BOOK of GOD has as many as 50,000 Errors, Then everybody will NEVER believe it again,

Mrs. Ellen G. White, a "prophetess" of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, in her Bible Commentary Vol. 1, page 14, has this confession to make about the fallibility of the "Holy Bible."

Quote:
"THE BIBLE WE READ TODAY IS THE WORK OF MANY COPYISTS WHO HAVE IN MOST INSTANCES DONE THEIR WORK WITH MARVELLOUS ACCURACY. BUT COPYISTS HAVE NOT BEEN INFALLIBLE, AND GOD MOST EVIDENTLY HAS NOT SEEN FIT TO PRESERVE THEM ALTOGETHER FROM ERROR IN TRANSCRIBING."

Please see the 50,000 Errors that is in the Bible,

http://www.jamaat.net/bible/AwakeArticle(1957).html

http://www.jamaat.net/bible/Bible1-3.html

Quote:
THE BOOK CHRISTENED "THE NEW TESTAMENT"

WHY "ACCORDING TO?"
Quote:
"And as Jesus passed forth thence, HE (JESUS) saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and HE (JESUS) saith unto HIM (MATTHEW), follow ME (JESUS) And HE (MATTHEW) arose, and followed HIM (JESUS)." (Matthew 9:9)

The more The "Holy Bible" lends itself to all kinds of contradictory interpretations, the more many christians agree That:

Quote:

But now Surely, as a man/woman who believes in God, The mighty, are these the attributes and qualities of God,

THE BIRTH OF "GOD"

Quote:
"God" was created from the seed of David: "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the SEED of David according to the flesh." (Romans, 1:3)

THE FAMILY OF "GOD"

Quote:
"God" Was the Son of Joseph: "Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, we have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph" (John, 1:45)

Brothers and Brothers-in-law of "God":

Quote:
"And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, in somuch that they were astonished, and said, whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence hath this man all these things? (Matthew, 13:54-56)

Read about

THE DEVELOPMENT OF "GOD"
THE TEMPTING OF "GOD"
THE MISSION OF "GOD"
THE RACIAL "GOD"
A "GOD" UNLIKE THE GOD
A Hungry "God":
A Sleepy "God": "He was asleep." (Matthew, 8:24),
A Weary "God": Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well." (John, 4:6)

From this Link... The God That NEVER was

Still,

Who are the AUTHORS OF BIBLE

Quote:
Who is the author of:

1ST SAMUEL?............ Answer: Author "Unknown"

2ND SAMUEL........... Answer: Author "Unknown"

1ST KING?................. Answer: Author "Unknown"

2ND KING?............... Answer: Author "Unknown"

1st CHRONICLES? …. Answer: Author "Unknown, probably …"

2st CHRONICLES? …. Answer: Author "Likely collected …"

and a host of more other theories and stories.

I am sure you will never Get convinced....So let them say the best about ISLAM

Do U want the Truth anyways?

It is easy to throw out vague, general accusations. Or to try to post so many issues that any real discussion of specific instances is lost in posts so long that most folks just scan them and don't read them all.

Get specific.

Let's look one at a time at the passages your links allege to be erroneous.

You pick one and be ready to show why you believe your link is correct in identifying this specific passage as an error. Go.
0 Replies

muslim1

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 05:58 am
real life wrote:
Get specific.

You pick one and be ready to show why you believe your link is correct in identifying this specific passage as an error. Go.

I agree.

Here is a misconception I have about the Bible:

Would any devout Christian help me understand the following verses:
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

Now, scientifically, drinking deadly poison kills or dangerously hurts. How can then a Christian believer not be harmed at all?
I am convinced that there are many true Christian believers here in AB2K, can anyone then pass the test mentioned in the above verses (Mark 16:17-18)?

PS: Let me be clear about one thing: we Muslims believe that the original Bible was revealed by Almighty God. However, we believe that the Bible we have today is not exactly the original one. It may contain the Word of God, but it also contains words of Prophets, Apostles, Historians, internal contradictions and a number of scientific errors.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:51 am
xingu wrote:
Quote:

Like your propaganda?

I talked about Just mere..

Mine is not a propaganda, it is an actual evidence posted.Why don't you post evidence if not just mere propaganda
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 07:50 am
Because his "evidence" will be the very same thing he is pointing a finger at. Propaganda. One cannot scientifically, logically or rationally discuss the Bible. It is a milange of strung together stories with absolutely zero evidence that it was ever dictated to those wandering secretaries by any higher power. Some are born with illogicaly, unscientific minds and do not want to investigate truth. They want made up truth.
0 Replies

real life

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 01:32 pm
muslim1 wrote:
real life wrote:
Get specific.

I agree.

Here is a misconception I have about the Bible:

Would any devout Christian help me understand the following verses:
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

Now, scientifically, drinking deadly poison kills or dangerously hurts. How can then a Christian believer not be harmed at all?
I am convinced that there are many true Christian believers here in AB2K, can anyone then pass the test mentioned in the above verses (Mark 16:17-18)?

PS: Let me be clear about one thing: we Muslims believe that the original Bible was revealed by Almighty God. However, we believe that the Bible we have today is not exactly the original one. It may contain the Word of God, but it also contains words of Prophets, Apostles, Historians, internal contradictions and a number of scientific errors.

Hi Muslim1,

Thanks for being specific. It is nearly impossible to deal adequately with issues of this type unless specific instances are addressed one at a time. If you throw a whole platter of them out there at once, then they get lost in the shuffle.

It is my opinion that this phrase
Quote:
and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them:

is meant to describe the protection that God gives to those under persecution, not as some sort of presumptious 'test' that you may be mistaking it for (i.e. Drink this poison on purpose to prove that you have great faith...) I don't think that's the intended meaning.

There are instances in church history of some who were forced to drink poison and had no ill effect. Some may doubt these occurrences, but even were one to 'prove' them fictitious (how one might go about to prove a negative is an interesting question), it still would not mean that this passage commands presumption.
0 Replies

xingu

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 01:59 pm
Or try this for an explanation. It's a parable. The problem with some Christians and non-Christians is they interrupt parables literally.

http://pleaseconsider.info/articles/mark_16/mark_16_intro.htm
0 Replies

muslim1

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 03:30 pm
Thank you real life for your reply,

Let's analyze your answer regarding the "deadly poison" issue:

real life wrote:
It is my opinion that this phrase Quote:

is meant to describe the protection that God gives to those under persecution, not as some sort of presumptious 'test' that you may be mistaking it for (i.e. Drink this poison on purpose to prove that you have great faith...) I don't think that's the intended meaning.

1) Note that the verse says:"shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them ". So the verse sets a number (not only one) of characteristics specific to be "the believers". If we suppose that, as you wrote, the "deadly poison" is only applicable to those under persecution, then what about "speaking new tongues", "casting out the devil" and "taking up serpents", are they also related to people under persecution?

2) You wrote that "It is my opinion that this phrase... is meant..". What about the opinions of other Christians, especially the Scholars?

3) The verse clearly states that the immunity is against any deadly thing. There are nowadays, some chemical products that can, within seconds, damage the digestive system and therefore kill any person, whether Christian or not, whether under persecution or not. Does not this rise questions about the compatibility of the verse with modern science?

real life wrote:
There are instances in church history of some who were forced to drink poison and had no ill effect.

If possible, would you mind giving me examples of those instances (names, dates...)?

xingu wrote:
Or try this for an explanation. It's a parable. The problem with some Christians and non-Christians is they interrupt parables literally.

Thank you xingu for the explanation you mentioned.

If you consider the above verse to be a parable, then what is the moral behind it?

Personally, the majority of Christians with whom I had discussions interpret those verses literally. Then my question is: what are the criteria that determine whether a verse in the Bible is a parable or not?

And Allah knows best.
0 Replies

real life

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 08:04 pm
xingu wrote:

Do you mean interpret?
0 Replies

real life

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
muslim1 wrote:
Thank you real life for your reply,

Let's analyze your answer regarding the "deadly poison" issue:

real life wrote:
It is my opinion that this phrase Quote:

1) Note that the verse says:"shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them ". So the verse sets a number (not only one) of characteristics specific to be "the believers". If we suppose that, as you wrote, the "deadly poison" is only applicable to those under persecution, then what about "speaking new tongues", "casting out the devil" and "taking up serpents", are they also related to people under persecution?

2) You wrote that "It is my opinion that this phrase... is meant..". What about the opinions of other Christians, especially the Scholars?

3) The verse clearly states that the immunity is against any deadly thing. There are nowadays, some chemical products that can, within seconds, damage the digestive system and therefore kill any person, whether Christian or not, whether under persecution or not. Does not this rise questions about the compatibility of the verse with modern science?

real life wrote:
There are instances in church history of some who were forced to drink poison and had no ill effect.

If possible, would you mind giving me examples of those instances (names, dates...)?

xingu wrote:

Thank you xingu for the explanation you mentioned.

If you consider the above verse to be a parable, then what is the moral behind it?

Personally, the majority of Christians with whom I had discussions interpret those verses literally. Then my question is: what are the criteria that determine whether a verse in the Bible is a parable or not?

And Allah knows best.

Hi Muslim1,

1) There is no reason to limit it in this way.

2) You'd have to ask them. I can't speak for them, but there are probably some who agree with me and some who don't. (Great prediction, eh?)

3) No. Any can mean any. Some ancient poisons were quick acting and deadly also.

Interesting example at www.orthodox.cn/divenbog/MAY/31-MAY.DOC

You could probably do google for others easily.
0 Replies

xingu

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:23 pm
Quote:
Do you mean interpret?

Yes
0 Replies

xingu

Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:47 pm
Muslim

Quote:
If you consider the above verse to be a parable, then what is the moral behind it
?

Go to the website I supplied and it will explain it to you.

Quote:

If it doesn't make sense there probably is a meaning behind it. Parables have a meaning behind them. The meaning would be easier to understand for people living at the time of the parable. Over time, as customs and ideas change the meaning of the parable becomes lost. People become confused by it. So to keep it simple they go to a literal translation. That way they believe they can make no mistakes; mistakes they think will happen if they try to interpret the parable.

We know Jesus spoke in parables so there's no reason to think everything he said was to be taken literally.

Here is a site that may explain parables to you.
http://www.rc.net/wcc/parable1.htm
0 Replies

dalahow2

Tue 21 Mar, 2006 07:27 am
This is exact..
Maybe

This Will do
0 Replies