Kansas just tipped off

Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 04:21 pm
@Ticomaya,
momentum swinging Kansas way. 59-56...with less than 8 mins to go.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 05:25 pm
@Ragman,
Survive and advance, baby.

Survive and advance.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 05:26 pm
@Ticomaya,
34-0 Wichita State Shockers getting ready to tip off against Cal-Poly. #1 vs #16.

Hell yes I'm nervous.
Ragman

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 12:11 am
@Ticomaya,
Mercy sakes! Cal-Poly was unsaturated.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:30 am
Well, it's that time of year again ...
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:34 am
@Ticomaya,
Nova won it firt road trip . I know I will be dashed by the seet 16.

I saw that of 11 MILLION brckets completed for round 2, to date, ony 256 remain.

I amend my statistical reference I posted earlier. Stat analysis ha hown that the chance of a complete bracket (all correct) is one in 9 QUINTILLION. It is easier to win powerball twice
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 12:49 pm
The University of Kansas won it's first round game, and now will face Wichita State University in a couple of hours.

I remember the last time KU played WSU in the NCAA tournament. It was 1981, and it was dubbed the "Battle of New Orleans," and WSU won on a last second shot. They went on to the Elite Eight that year, with future NBA stars Antoine Carr and Cliff Livingston. I was 13 years old.

I was a WSU fan before I was a KU fan, but I've been a fan of both teams since the mid-1980's. KU has been the better team for most of these years, of course. But the Shocker's have had amazing teams the last several years. I root hard for both teams, and watch them on TV whenever I can. They haven't played each other in over 20 years, when KU blew out WSU.

So today, just like back in 1981, I will be rooting for WSU. But this time I will be rooting for KU also.

The upside? One of my two favorite college teams is guaranteed to be in the Sweet Sixteen!
CowDoc

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
At least I had WSU beating KU in my bracket. Sadly, I also had Baylor, Iowa State, and Villanova all in the Final Four. At the moment, I'm actually in the top 10% of the ESPN brackets submitted, but the future ain't lookin' good.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:19 pm
@CowDoc,
don't mention nova unless yer talkin about lox and bagels.
grrr
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:39 pm
This is one of those threads where I know all the words, but have never seen them arranged in such a way before.

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 07:12 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
This is one of those threads where I know all the words, but have never seen them arranged in such a way before

Lighten up Lawdy, we politely listen to your peoples gobbledeegook when describing cricket matches
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 04:44 am
@CowDoc,
CowDoc wrote:
At least I had WSU beating KU in my bracket. Sadly, I also had Baylor, Iowa State, and Villanova all in the Final Four. At the moment, I'm actually in the top 10% of the ESPN brackets submitted, but the future ain't lookin' good.

Yeah, I had WSU beating KU also. I had Baylor getting beaten by Xavier. I had Iowa State getting beaten by Gonzaga, and Gonzaga going to the final four. But in the East, I had Virginia going to the final four. My bracket is more green than red, except in the East. I have Wisconsin as National Champs.

At the moment, ESPN says my percentage is 97.2. I have 480 points, so I'm ahead of both Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic (Mike & Mike).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 04:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Lighten up Lawdy, we politely listen to your peoples gobbledeegook when describing cricket matches

And sometimes we politely don't listen, as our eyes glaze over.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 05:14 am
@Ticomaya,
Splutters coffee....

<insert outraged face here>

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:05 pm
One hour away ... love this time of the year!!!

Rock Chalk Jay Hawk!!
farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 05:37 pm
@Ticomaya,
watched Nova take out Mt St Mary's in a game that could only be described as "phoned in"

Philly sports casters are not known for their mercy so they were excoriating Nov this AM.
There are those who can do, and then there are those who write about those who can do.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 06:49 pm
Go HEELS!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:05 pm
Was able to catch most of the Wichita State game also. What a ridiculous seeding. Unfair for Dayton to face them in the first round. Interesting matchup in the second round, against Kentucky. Rematch from a few years ago.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 04:12 am
@Ticomaya,
the interesting matchups come in the second round, Villanova's got Wisconsin.

This was the best game in the 2016 series. I think Wisconsin will b prepared. Its too bad that one of em has to leave so early
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 03:01 pm
What about them HEELS!!
0 Replies