Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI, I'm glad this forum is keeping you intellectually engaged.
mysteryman

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Except when they tried to ban military recruiters from college campuses, or are trying to regulate what people eat and drink, or shout down or physically attack conservative speakers they don't agree with, etc.
spendius

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
In my experience liberals are the most intolerant version of mankind. Once they get righteousness on their side there's no holding the fuckers back. The only reason they are not all in the asylum is because we can't afford enough asylums.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yea, my wife tells me to keep intellectual active; you know, use it or lose it kind of thing. You're not intellectually challenging, but I like the fact that you're an easy target to challenge.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:44 pm
@mysteryman,
How far back in history are you going, mm? LOL Since you're so concerned about banning military recruiters from college campuses, how about the voter suppression activities of the GOP?

The reason for those attempts at banning military recruiters, was based on discrimination against gays and lesbians.

Do you know what's happened since then when Obama overruled "don't ask, don't tell?"

You're probably too stupid to know why things happen for the better when the American people work hard to make all citizens equal in this country.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
blah blah blah......

I just made note of the irony of you calling someone cowardly, that's all. You really ought to consider adding some roughage to your diet.
revelette

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 09:13 am
@snood,
Have you been watching the long lines in Fl. and elsewhere?

Quote:
Ariel Kowalick, a North Carolina resident, wrote to The Huffington Post with a story about her 84-year-old grandmother's experience early voting in Boca Raton, Fla., as an example of the toll the long lines are taking on senior citizens, who make up a significant portion of Florida's population.

According to Kowalick, her grandmother was waiting in line for an hour and a half on Friday when she became sick and had to be rushed to the emergency room. Kowalick believes that the heat, combined with the fact that her grandmother was battling a cold, contributed to her condition.

"These long lines are dangerous for our elderly [and] there should be something else done," wrote Kowalick, noting her grandmother had actually served for 15 years as a poll worker.

She is now trying to figure out how to figure out a way for her grandmother, who is still in the hospital, to vote in the election.

source

Florida Early Voting Fiasco: Voters Wait For Hours At Polls As Rick Scott Refuses To Budge

Last-Minute Ohio Directive Could Trash Legal Votes And Swing The Election

Arizona GOP Senate Candidate Robocalls Democrats And Tells Them To Vote In The Wrong Place
snood

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 09:37 am
@revelette,
Yeha, and some asswipes say that voter suppression is just a trumped up excuse that Dems are making up to explain it if Obama loses. Yeah, as if all that dirty crap that Rick Scott and other Republican officials keep throwing up to deter Dem voters is just us imagining things...
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 09:40 am
@revelette,
It only proves that the conservatives care very little about people; their voter suppression activities in our country, and their view of how to care for disaster victims only proves they are out of touch with what America stands for.

I can't figure out for the life of me how so many are so cruel to their own citizens to win an election.
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 09:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
The good news is, thus far, Obama has 56% of the electoral votes, and that is too huge a handicap for Mitt to overcome in one day.

I'm looking forward to celebrating a Obama win tomorrow or the day after.

At the beginning of the election cycle, I had my doubts about voting for Obama, but when Mitt began to show his true colors, it became a no-brainer that I'd prefer somebody I could trust over a pathological liar.

Yea, I voted for Obama by absentee ballot a few weeks ago.
sozobe

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 10:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Glad to hear that, C.I.

So, after starting this thread lo those many years ago, I plan to go to Obama's penultimate rally today here in Columbus. I didn't actually plan on going -- just went to a great one last month -- but then this headline in today's NYT caught my eye. A President's Last Race, Win or Lose.

The second-to-last rally, ever, right in my hometown? I kinda have to go.

Will take some photos and report if anything interesting happens.

Forward!
revelette

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 10:15 am
@snood,
I know that whole "sour grapes" argument has been the most frustrating cynical argument that I can recall concerning the very real GOP efforts of voter suppression. It involves voters being idiots about their own voter suppression experiences. I believe Obama is going to win in spite of these efforts but it is still dismaying that people engage in these sorts of tactics.
0 Replies

revelette

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 10:16 am
@sozobe,
Glad your going. Hope you give us an update on how it went.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 11:47 am
Fox News must have done Mr Obama plenty of good. "Fair and Balanced", "You are entering THEEEEE NO spin ZOne" and "We are looking out for YOU". What drivel.

Do they think you are all infants?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Obama has 56% of the electoral votes

Since the electoral votes arent figured till the election is over, exactly what is your source for this statement?
0 Replies

revelette

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:14 pm
Judge orders Florida county to extend early voting

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A judge extended early voting hours in one Florida county Sunday after Democrats sued to allow more time in a presidential battleground state where more than 4 million ballots have already been cast. The move was one of many legal skirmishes in the tight contest between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney to deal with inevitable disputes over balloting.

Some Florida voters had stood in long lines Saturday, the last scheduled day of early voting. The judge ruled on a lawsuit filed late Saturday in Orange County after an early voting site was shut down for several hours. The Winter Park library was evacuated when a suspicious package — a cooler — was found outside. It was later detonated by a local bomb squad.

Orange County is part of the state's Interstate 4 corridor, a populous "swing" region that often determines the outcome of close elections.

A spokesman for the state Republican Party said it would not challenge the decision.

cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:07 pm
@revelette,
Europe is rooting for Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-cheers-obama-europes-press-172642048--sector.html;_ylt=Ai2xglkzgn0d7frLZiMzj3zNt.d_;_ylu=X3oDMTVxa2Zvb2EzBGNjb2RlA2dtcHRvcDEwMDBwb29sd2lraXVwcmVzdARtaXQDQXJ0aWNsZSBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IE5ld3MgZm9yIFlvdSB3aXRoIE1vcmUgTGluawRwa2cDNDZmNDVhOWEtZTNlOS0zNmM0LThlMmMtZDk5MmU0YzEzMjNlBHBvcwM0BHNlYwNuZXdzX2Zvcl95b3UEdmVyAzhkOTBhOTUwLTI3NmUtMTFlMi1iYmZkLTY4MzEzMGRlMjExMw--;_ylg=X3oDMTM1cmxvY2IwBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDZGY4NDcwZTctZDY1MS0zZTBlLWFmNjItMzA0NmU1MDU2YTk4BHBzdGNhdANwb2xpdGljc3x0aGV0aWNrZXQEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3
spendius

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm rooting for a hung Electoral College.
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:26 pm
@spendius,
I'm rooting for you to be hung.
spendius

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 05:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It doesn't matter what the result is. The Markets are the real electorate.

You don't seriously think you can escape from the mess by voting to do do you? How stupid can a man get?

You know nothing about politics or economics. Nothing!! That you think you know something about those things is what is preventing you from ever discovering anything about them.
0 Replies