does grapefruit juice "burn" fat?

troody

Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:19 pm
@husker,
I might add though, that fresh grapefruits, or juice from them, are preferable to any diet pill. Basically, losing weight comes down to the simple fact of burning more calories than you take in.
Phoenix32890

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 04:28 am
@troody,
Well, in the ensuing years, my grapefruit tree caught a virus and died. And that might have been a good thing, as I am now on some medications that would make grapefruit eating a "no-no".

Anyhow, the latest wisdom from the nutrition gurus is that drinking a lot of any fruit juice is not great for you. The idea is to eat the entire fruit, as it is more satisfying (and will cause you to eat less of other stuff), and that the important thing is to eat the fiber that is in the fruit.

Who am I to question these mavens? Years ago, I lost 25 pounds using a product that the F.D.A. took off the market as "useless". Go figure!
0 Replies

annielizstan

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 09:42 pm
@neeboy,
Hi,
Grapefruit juice with health promoting compounds that may help:
Really grapefruit juice could help you lose weight,
Drink two to three cups a day to keep your metabolism.
It will help break fat down.

0 Replies

gmeades

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 10:40 am
@maji,
as Connie stated, yours was an incorrect assumption. People lose weight when eating Grapefruit or drinking Grapefruit juice because of its' affect in regulating insulin, which is the hormone which triggers fat storage. You can read about the clinical study that confirmed this in my post on the next page. neeboy indeed lost 30 lbs of fat, as that is the effect of eliminating insulin spikes, the very same principle that low-carbohydrate diets are based on - hormone control through ones diet.
0 Replies

ThomasHall

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 04:25 am
@neeboy,
Yes, the grapefruit juice is ability to burning the fats this is a also useful for weight loss also. The vitamin C in grapefruit may also possess some belly-fat-burning properties, according to a study led by D.F. Garcia-Diaz at the University of Navarra in Spain.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 3 Jul, 2014 09:54 am

Grapefruit Diet
0 Replies

makpeeter

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 01:10 am
@husker,
yes , i agree that grapefruit juice burn fat ..,it is delicious as well as useful..........
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 01:22 am
The French arm of my family are all thin and all eat like horses. They have an old saying there that roughly translates "if you want to stay thin, cover everything with vinegar".

Actually, when you look at their daily diet, nearly all their meals include a side dish of some sort of salad, heavily dressed with a vinaigrette or just plain (usually cider) vinegar.

0 Replies

nurein

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 05:25 am
Yes it helps to reduce some amount off fat we can't say it completely helps to burn fat.
0 Replies

MarkWheatley

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:46 am
Yes, grapefruit juice is helpful to reduce fat. Juice is the best way to get vitamins and minerals in an easier form. Grapefruit actually has a high level of naringenin, which is helpful to stabilize the metabolism. It is also beneficial for people with diabetes.
0 Replies

sierraB

Thu 16 Oct, 2014 03:55 am
Yes Grapefruit burns Fat

Experts also believe we should err on the side of caution before recommending vast amounts of grapefruit. Speaking to Chemistry & Industry Journal, who published the results of the study, Emma Bunn, diabetes care advisor at Diabetes UK said, 'If grapefruit does significantly lower insulin levels this could be a potentially exciting discovery. We will be following any further research in this area closely to establish if grapefruit could provide genuine benefits.'
roger

Thu 16 Oct, 2014 04:21 am
@sierraB,
Well, suppose grapefruit does lower insulin levels. Why would this be an advantage to someone with diabetes.
0 Replies

BruceGarcia

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:30 am
As per my view fruit juice are good for health, grapefruit juice is also good for health but I don't think they are helpful in loosing the weight.
0 Replies

BruceGarcia

Thu 20 Nov, 2014 06:35 am
I don't think that the grape juice will burn fat or any juice will burn fat. Fruit Juice are good for health and not for fat burning.
0 Replies

Kimberlyn777

Tue 12 Jul, 2016 10:30 pm
YES YES YES! I worked out and would drink grapefruit juice instead of water and lost a lot of fats and weight. I would eat little because I woulnt have a appetite. I stopped working out and drinking grapefruit juice and gained back so much weight. Started back on grapefruit juice today and decided to google. Seen this and I should tell y'all this fruit works! You have to get 100%. I would get the one with the pulp or better yet just squeeze your own👍👍👍👍
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 03:56 am
@neeboy,
No idea.
0 Replies

JamesPaulson

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 06:17 am
@neeboy,
That sounds amazing. I have no idea about it.
0 Replies

roxanna00

Wed 19 Oct, 2016 12:55 am
@neeboy,
Yes, I have actually heard about this, that grape juice helps to burn fat, and lose weight. My friend was advised to take grape juice for her weight problem, and when she asked why grape juice, the doc responded to supply the sugars without gaining or making for greater weight. And following that advice, she had indeed lost weight and is perfectly fit now. I would recommend this to all people having weight issues.
0 Replies

sjfivfcare

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 10:11 pm
@neeboy,
but i think losing weight is not that easy as you are saying but maybe its because you are eating health fruits( as we all know some fruits are fat burner ) but not sure that is help you to lose weight maybe there is other thing you are missing
0 Replies