Sofia

Wed 30 Apr, 2003 02:09 pm
Now, I'm going to be seeing that Flock of Seagulls hairdo all day.

<I think I look veddy Aimee Mann...>
0 Replies

acepoly

Thu 1 May, 2003 08:27 am
love is so great that you feel your whole body agitated; love is so subtle that you fail to put it into words; love is so sweet that you know peace and quite has rested upon your mind.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Fri 9 May, 2003 06:55 am
ace....; I must disagree;
while there may be a modicum of contentment, I would never connect "love" with "peace and quiet"! Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

Dux

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:55 am
The concept of love is determined by society, a society who is the heir of a twisted concept of life, the life based on the Love Religions, a code conduct base of that, which is hilarious because there's no Love God, just like there's no Cupid or Venus, or Astarte.

To those people who believe that they will find hapiness by attaching their feelings to others are pathetic, the only good love is the one for yourself, to put yourself above all things, because that's what our insticts tell us to do, so first love yourself, & then if you are dumb enough to share your life with other, then go ahead & make that mistake.

I will also like to point out that love for other more than for yourself is a sign of weakness, just like the supposed wisdom of the Love Religions
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 04:34 am
Love, in my opinion, is the opposite of fear.

There is no need for a God to love.

Self love is as important as love for others.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 04:41 am
Dux wrote:
...which is hilarious because there's no Love God, just like there's no Cupid or Venus, or Astarte.

Every indication is that you don't KNOW there is no Love God -- any more than you KNOW there is no God. If you are going to guess that there are no gods, you really should identify your guess as a guess.

Quote:
To those people who believe that they will find hapiness by attaching their feelings to others are pathetic...

You are newly hatched -- but this is the second post of yours that I've read where you refer to people with notions different from yours as "pathetic." That is a rather pathetic start to your discussions with us.

And of course, your guess may be correct -- but the theists who guess that there is a God may be correct -- and you may be wrong.

Quote:
I will also like to point out that love for other more than for yourself is a sign of weakness, just like the supposed wisdom of the Love Religions

If you read my tag line, you will see that my opinion is that people like you who guess and who do not acknowledge they are guessing -- are showing weakness.
0 Replies

Dux

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 04:43 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Self love is as important as love for others.

How can it be of the same importance love for others as self love?
First, the only was you can share love is that you love yourself over the other things, so that then you're able to give it to others.

Otherwise the only thing that you give them is a fake love, a mere ilusion of it.
0 Replies

Dux

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 04:48 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
If you read my tag line, you will see that my opinion is that people like you who guess and who do not acknowledge they are guessing -- are showing weakness.

I use my mind to get to this results, but take in count that it's a young mind, so i don't expect to be right most of the time, however you guessing i'm making a guess is indeed just you guessing.

Btw, wouldn't it be cool if the Greek Gods really exist?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 08:37 am
Dux;
It is a case of a "perfect" dilemma, if you do not love yourself, you will be incapable of loving others; but in order to love yourself, you must respect yourself, and that is weaned from an active love of others!
Your true worth can only be found by losing yourself in the needs of others (a "diety free" internally initiated caring for humanity).
And, love for others, be it a general platonic love, or an intense passionate love, born out of lust, and tempered with the growth of respect, is really one of life's highest thrills.
0 Replies

Dux

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 11:35 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
Dux;
It is a case of a "perfect" dilemma, if you do not love yourself, you will be incapable of loving others; but in order to love yourself, you must respect yourself, and that is weaned from an active love of others!
Your true worth can only be found by losing yourself in the needs of others (a "diety free" internally initiated caring for humanity).
And, love for others, be it a general platonic love, or an intense passionate love, born out of lust, and tempered with the growth of respect, is really one of life's highest thrills.

I believe the respect can also come from knowing yourself(read my signature), because by knowing yourself you're able to apreciate how wonderful you are, & by respecting yourself, you start to love yourself. Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Mon 23 Jun, 2003 05:23 am
Dux - whew! I'm glad Frank jumped on you and straightened you out right away! We can't have people wandering around A2K thinking they "know" anything, now can we?!?

<by the way, welcome.>
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Mon 23 Jun, 2003 07:01 am
-- News flash -- This just in -- Another differing opinion --

Love cannot be given, and it cannot be taken.
You cannot get it from someone or something,
and you cannot provide it to someone else.

Love is something that people simply have,
in infinite supply inside their own heart.

Once tapped, it overflows onto every experience
and changes ones attitude towards everything,
not just one person or discrete little thing.

It's an attitude, a way of being.

-- End news flash -- Continue processing -- Render more opinions --
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Mon 23 Jun, 2003 08:20 am
Damn it Codee..;
you've got to stop passing off fact as "opinion"! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Equus

Mon 23 Jun, 2003 08:21 am
I just read somewhere- I don't think it was online, but forgive me if it was here- the scientific difference between love and sex:

Love is chemistry.
Sex is physics.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Mon 23 Jun, 2003 08:49 am
I would rephrase that Equus;

Lust is chemistry,
Sex is physics,
But, Love intent!
0 Replies

wolf

Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:20 am
Quote:
Love, in my opinion, is the opposite of fear.

Pretty close, Frank Apisa. In this definition, it has the advantage of encompassing the reproductive attraction between sexes; rather includes indescript but concrete feelings of friendship, acceptance, compassion. Feelings of an universal nature, beneficial to all.

Fear paralyzes the way to this. Fear builds self-satisfied but empty ego's. Also see my reflections in the nihilism thread on the overly developed Western notion of the Ego -- blocking true love.
Mark every word: Mahatma Gandhi: "The first lesson one must learn is to forget oneself, to give out in love all that is possible from within yourself, and it shall be returned to you.
These things that Christ spoke about, and all the great teachers, all the great philosophers down through the ages, was that man should forget himself, so that in return he might find himself."
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:41 am
Very true Wolf;

But, Wolf, Frank; if there is anything on this planet worthy of "fear",
it is "love"!
0 Replies

wolf

Sun 29 Jun, 2003 12:32 pm
How so?

As I see it, nothing warrants mental fear -- nothing. If love is riddled with fear, caution, paranoia, it is only a shadow of itself, menaced to become an addiction. Let it go... let it go. And fear not.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:58 am
Wolf; while I meant that comment "tongue in cheek" so to speak, it is true that the advent of a "love" relationship does turn your entire existing world (willingly) on it provervial "ass"; and while at the time it seems well worth it, from any other perspective, it would appear daunting, at best if not absolutely terrifying! [To the weak of "heart"!]
0 Replies

trixabell

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:55 pm
lust is chemistry, sex is physics...but love is merely a word we use to encompass both of these and all the emotional crap that goes with it...i remember posting sumthin on another thread about my insanely romantic friend believing it takes around 2 years to truly love someone and it got me thinking...maybe hes right...maybe what our society percieves as love is what comes after all the drive to be together, the mutual yet pretty much boring affection after the buzz has gone, or if you like, the fear of letting go.

so i have to contradict our dear friend and say that love is nothing but fear...there is no other reason for it - and since when did we do anything without need?
0 Replies