cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 12:55 am
Yes, once you lose your essence, everything becomes confused. Wink
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 01:25 am
Re: Why Afirmative Action is needed
Hazlitt wrote:

Affirmative action, as you point out has been effective in raising the educational and economic level of blacks. It is my belief that the time has not yet arrived when the country can afford to abandon a system that has been so effective. It is crucial for the total good of all Americans that we solve this problem. If we abandon the programs that have been so effective in introducing black young people into the mainstream culture, we will in effect throwing all those well meaning students, who desire to do better, back into the culturally deprived environment.

Consider, that racism was legally and officially dead and buried in the United States in 1965, but that that was too good for the fricking democrats, who immediately set out to reinvent it.

If affirmative action weren't such an atrocious idea to begin with, you might could have made a case for it in the single case of the black man who you might could claim was dragged over here in chains, had a major hand in building the country early on, and was systematically denied a share of the proceeds.

But from day one, true to form for a left-wing program, AA has been for everybody on the planet EXCEPT the white male. This includes women, who are more than 50% of the earth's population, eskimos, Formosans (whom the US owes precisely nothing), Mexicans (whom the US owes precisely nothing), Fiji islanders, penguins, seals, bears, and everybody on the planet except white males.

In other words, what might have been a program to remedy an injustice has from day one actually amounted to a hate-motivated, left-wing liberal scheme of racism intended to harm the white male. The most astonishing thing about it is that ALL white men in the United States haven't joined the Klan by now.

As far as AA in schools goes, if you were to eliminate the real problem, i.e. the debilitating effect of the left-wing, liberal, democrap NEA education monopoly on inner city schools, you would not need AA in colleges. It's like David Horowicz notes, the democrats have created a horrendous problem, and are willing to move heaven and Earth via this AA war to divert people's attention from the real problem they have created.

Blacks are not inferior people. The best poet who ever wrote in any IndoEuropean language (Pushkin) was a man of color. Given anything resembling normal circumstances, they wouldn't need AA.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:41 am
Gawwleeee...I sure do love the smell of ripe-ta-burstin nigras in the morning.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:54 am
Strange fruit. (Why do I keep hearing the theme from Twilight Zone, as I read the last several posts?)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:05 am
lol, snood.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:10 am
Re: Why Afirmative Action is needed
Recently, I've been reading some of gungasnake's posts (especially regarding the war in Iraq and abortion), and I've thought: "well, that's a fairly thoughtful, nuanced conservative position. Perhaps there's some hope for gunga after all." And then comes something like this:

gungasnake wrote:
Consider, that racism was legally and officially dead and buried in the United States in 1965, but that that was too good for the fricking democrats, who immediately set out to reinvent it.

and I realize that there's really no cause for undue optimism.

gungasnake wrote:
Blacks are not inferior people. The best poet who ever wrote in any IndoEuropean language (Pushkin) was a man of color. Given anything resembling normal circumstances, they wouldn't need AA.

Well, something else that I learned from A2K. But to call Pushkin a "person of color" may be stretching it. Pushkin's great-grandfather on his mother's side was from the Sudan, which, in the quaint terminology of the slave trade, would have made him an octoroon. In other words, if he was a man of color, it wasn't a whole lot of color.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:28 am
Good morning Major General:-

Gustave Flaubert had a go at that down the Nile.His on the spot report is in the collected letters.

spendius.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:36 am
One must be careful around those octoroons, light tanned men with muscles of steel and eight arms to crush you with. Did I mention their super strength? Coincidentally, it's eight times that of your average human. If gunga's avatar is a true portrayal of himself, I would head for zee hills. It appears you not only have no arms, but no legs to stand on, barring the readily ignored vestigial bones where legs may have once existed.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:43 am
top o' the day, Your Lowness

What say to a kayak trip tracing the...uh...paddledips of this fine (and snowishly white) frenchguy? You got a few months coming from saved-up sick days?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:46 am
Quote:
In other words, if he was a man of color, it wasn't a whole lot of color.

It will be enough, given the precision - the equisite discernment - evident in gunga's thought processes.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:01 am
Not a hope MG.

No sick days.I'm not a state cosseted certificate bearer I'm sorry to say.

Now a four seater with a waddlelips is another thing entirely.Sod kayaks and snow.

I'm told you have snow just now.Get out there boy and trap a beaver.

spendius.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:07 am
Already trapped and busy gnawing away in the parlour. Xmas tree recycling the way god intended.

No one in Canada has used the term 'waddlelips' for more than a century.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:16 am
I'm having trouble finding the section in the Terms of Service that validates these attacks on members of A2K, could you guys be so kind as to point them out to me? I looked and everything I see points to the fact that it's against the terms of service to do so.

I can understand discussing a posters POSTS, a posters RAMBLINGS, even a posters opinions... but not the poster him/her self.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:17 am
That suggests you're going downhill.It's all that extended child rearing I suppose.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
Mac:-

We are just getting to know each other that's all.When we do we'll get down to some head shrinking philosophy or whatnot.Bear with us.

spendius.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:01 am
Perhaps a better example of the sort of thing I have in mind...

A friend's mother used to teach German language and piano in the Baltimore city schools. She once told me that most of the teachers in those schools, who were mostly black, regarded the black kids in the schools as unteachable and that for the most part no real efforts to teach them anything had ever been made at the point at which they graduated but that she, having no experience in running classes that way, conducted her German courses in the normal manner as if teaching English kids (before England fell apart) with the upshot being that in many cases a German speaking person talking to some of those kids by their junior or senior years would have taken them for educated people while somebody speaking to them in English would have taken them for street people.

The problem in other words was definitely the schools and not the kids. In fact, get rid of the democrat party and the NEA, and most of the problems those kids face in life would evaporate.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:10 am
McGentrix wrote:
I'm having trouble finding the section in the Terms of Service that validates these attacks on members of A2K, could you guys be so kind as to point them out to me? I looked and everything I see points to the fact that it's against the terms of service to do so.

I can understand discussing a posters POSTS, a posters RAMBLINGS, even a posters opinions... but not the poster him/her self.

I believe this question has been asked.

And asked.

And asked.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:12 am
gunga:-

I trust you are not saying that street people are uneducated.

If this is "falling apart" I'm sure glad we're not getting it together like they are in N Korea.

spendius.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:33 am
Quote:
That suggests you're going downhill.It's all that extended child rearing I suppose.

God is downhill. The signs are clearly posted.

Here in Her Majesty's very favorite colony, there isn't so much extended child rearing as you may have been led to believe. On the other hand, we sleep with first cousins and sisters at about the same per capita rates as Tory members.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:06 am
MG:-

Her Majesty is on the record as saying that if She ever retired it would be to a nice house in the Ribble Valley which isn't much more than a hop and a skip from where I sit.And that is a colony too.
It was you who led me to what you now say is a false belief by your crack about "waddlelips".
The very latest addition to my family has recently entered upon this vale of tears right there in Vancouver.It's a small world.
Lola has keyed me into a photo of herself with two bozoes.You are the "behatted" one so I presume you are on her right.

I never knew that Tory MPs slept with their sisters but it wouldn't bother me if they did.Were they to indulge in other activities besides sleeping it would be a matter of grave concern.

Lola looks interesting.Are you one of the footmen she has told me about?

spendius.
0 Replies