mboro

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 09:12 am
@H2O MAN,
I'm confused. You filled out a credit application. and it asked for proof of home ownership. YOU GAVE info to a guy you didn't know...and then got upset that he sent it back to you as asked.... sounds like you should think before you react.

And another point, I have a rainsoft system in my home and I LOVE MY RAINSOFT SYSTEM!!! If you read these reviews, you'll notice all the negative ones come from people who DID NOT BUY a system, therefore cannot be sure of the systems improved quality of life and customer service. I RECIEVED MY GIFTCARD!...when my system was installed. The installation guy brought it out with him.
mboro

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 09:23 am
@H2O MAN,
my ? to you is why?? Why cancel???

Can you think of a single other system that offers a lifetime warranty?

Can you think of a single other system that has such a low yearly upkeep cost?

Culligan cost over $700/year to opperate!!! And Eco is over $500/year!!!!

And neither system comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!

You're comparing go-carts to cars....there is no comparison here.
Yes Rainsoft is more expensive on the get-go, but its a one time investment that pays you back again and again. With some of these other systems, you end up forking out money time and time again, year after year for upkeep. Rainsoft resin last a lifetime! and is guaranteed to do so. Other systems require replacing the resin, and see how expensive that can be!!!
mboro

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 09:38 am
@bee7le,
I have owned my system since 1987 and just moved. I had the dealership I bought from come uninstall my system and recently had it reinstalled in my new home. It is definitely possible to move these systems.
mboro

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 09:42 am
@H2O MAN,
Dealing with a Rainsoft dealership is like dealing with a car dealership. Just because you don't like a particular dealership, doesn't mean the Ford Explorer is a bad car....get my drift. If you are checking on line to see if it is a "good product" try a different approach. CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU for the distribution agency you are dealing with and check their rating. The Nashville location has an A+ rating!!!! I checked myself after reading all this propaganda on here and getting confused on my decision. So instead of judging that the BRAND of rainsoft is bad, try checking for the specific dealership that you are dealing with.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 10:14 am
mboro,

I have sold and serviced RainSoft systems since the late 80's.
The control valve that RS used to replace the tried and true
brass control valve is crap, especially the Silver Series.

I'm also not a fan of the in & out QRS valve, the style A was much better.

I stand behind my statement:
RainSoft sell crap, the consumer can do better for less.
The RS dealer sales network is crap, but their are a few shining exceptions.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 10:17 am
@mboro,
mboro wrote:

It is definitely possible to move these systems.

Correct!

I have moved many of them.

Did you mention the FORD Exploder? Wink
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 10:22 am
@mboro,
mboro wrote:

my ? to you is why?? Why cancel???

Can you think of a single other system that offers a lifetime warranty?

Can you think of a single other system that has such a low yearly upkeep cost?

ECOwater has a lifetime warranty and lower annual cost.
Andy CWS

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 09:02 pm
@mboro,
Good luck on the LIFETIME part.
0 Replies

GatorG

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:03 am
@H2O MAN,
I cannot find an Ecowater or NorthStar dealer in my area. How do I go about getting a "good" water softener? Thanks.

Yellowpages only lists Culligan and Rainsoft...neither of which I'd like to use if possible...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:11 am
@GatorG,

Is there a LOWES or SEARS in your area?

Look at their top of the line digitally metered softeners, most are made by ECOwater.
GatorG

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
yes, i looked online, but i'll go to the stores and see...thanks...
0 Replies

Dreggie

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 12:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hi H2O Man,

Can you let me know which Sears/Lowes products would need to be purchased (made by EcoWater), that would be comparable to say a RainSoft Platinum/Gold package?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:44 pm
@Dreggie,
Any with metered digital controls will be better than the Gold.
0 Replies

drinkcleanwater

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:21 pm
@bailzzararco,
We first invested in a Rainsoft system because we were starting a family. I felt it was my responsibility to protect my pregnant wife, our future kids, and myself by having the best quality drinking water. We love our Rainsoft system. The reverse osmosis filtration system not only provides peace of mind, the whole house water treatment system also saves us money on soap, shampoo and laundry detergent. In addition to this return on our investment we also have significant savings and convenience over bottled water. The Rainsoft team was professional from the in home water analysis, to the quick clean installation, and the follow up after the sale to make sure we were happy with our investment. We would (and have) recommended Rainsoft to our family and friends. Thanks so much!

Powell, OH
Gary Slusser

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 07:32 am
@drinkcleanwater,
An investment is usually something that you expect to make money on, something that over time grows in value; or should.

You are confusing a cost of living expense with an investment. Your softener now is worth but a fraction, a very small fraction, of what you paid for it.

And if you wanted to get rid of it, you may have to pay some one to take it away. That is also an expense.
0 Replies

johnnyb9

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 10:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
I just had a Rain Soft rep leave my house this evening. I too was very put off by the whole experience. At first the calls started coming in to my house after my fiance and I purchased our first home. The women on the phone was very nice and told us that there was a free water test we could have since we have just moved into the neighborhood. We took the bait of a few free movie tickets as well as a gift certificate if we allowed them to come under the auspice of there being "no gimmick or pressure to purchase anything" from the women on the phone. As we began meeting with this gentlemen we quickly realized that this was going to be a sales pitch. As time progressed and we had grossly surpassed the promised 1 hour time mark for as long as it should take, we were able to get our "free test". Now being as both of us are educated and have a bit of knowledge of chemical compounds, organic compounds, hard water, water treatment and so on and so forth we were quite intrigued as to see what all the results were. We were also intrigued to see exactly how the test was performed. If the representative was honest on the chemical compounds that he used to demonstrate how "hard the water was" then I have to cry foul on this test! He stated that he was using a water Ph "stabilizer" which turned out to be an acidic compound and then he was going to see how many drops of this other compound he had it would take to neutralize this water sample or turn it blue after the first had made it red. This however is interesting because the second compound is a basic compound and could in fact turn the acidic red water sample (which was to illustrate that the sample was hard) back to a blue basic sample after he added the correct amount of compound. Next after all of the dog and pony show we got down to business. He advised us that the system was only going to cost $10, 980.00 and we could finance this for 76 months for a tiny interest rate of 19.99% if we had decent credit and 23.99% if we didn't. This right there almost made me jump out of my skin but then he began to off all of the "deals we could only get for signing up now" and magically the price came down to about $5,500.00. Interesting that they are standing behind their price for retail and all the outcomes from the softener but if we signed right away it was almost cut in half??? Quite a great product if you can cut 50% off the price. I'm no fool and understand that if something is of great quality and blah blah blah, you have to pay for it and I am not necessarily opposed if the product and service are excellent but when you start cutting your price in half for just signing now, it makes me wonder if your blowing sunshine up my ass about this whole thing. Finally, after we said that we were going to half to think about this, things began to get very pushy. He did not like this and was very adamant about us losing out on this price if we didn't sign now and yadda yadda yadda... He also stated that there were plenty of people in our town that had this and we need to make this decision now because "if we did not become one of the first two households to sign the deal then we would lose out on a ton of things"....wait a second, I thought you stated that there was plenty of houses in my town that had this same system? Why then must I be part of the first two to sign the deal and get it??? I smelled the BS even more so there then ever before in the meeting. I then stated sharply that I was going to think about it and that we would have to get back to him tonite or tomorrow about our decision. I asked for his number and advised him that losing his wonderful one time price was a risk we were willing to take. He then got the picture at this point and began to make his exit...only 3 hours after getting to my house! I should have eaten dinner first unlike the previous poster, I was now cooking dinner at 10 pm!!! To top this hole ordeal off, to my utter amazement and annoyance, as I began to cook dinner, there was a knock on my front door at what was now 10:15 PM and as I opened it there he was again!!! He stated that he hadn't left yet and was out in his car on the phone with his boss who now wanted to talk to me. I said sure why the F not since you have been here this whole time already WTF. As I began to speak to his "office manager" I realized that this was no light hearted conversation. During his presentation the salesman stated that the boss was so sick and he was not feeling well but needed me to sign now. Now that I am speaking with him, I realized that he was NOT SICK and that he was actually really rude and ultra pushy. I explained that we were on a fixed income and as a young couple had to think about it and he was really angry saying that we don't know what we are missing, this is a one time opportunity and if we did not act now it would be gone tomorrow and all the same stuff as before, except on a completely different level that was more then aggressive sales techniques, but just down right rude and obnoxious. After he was fed up with me not budging, he asked to speak with the salesman again. Then after a short conversation, he hung up and stated the he was going to be going now but was wondering how to get to a local convenience store. Now this is when I really got shaded out because he stated that he lived in a town not far from mine, but then asked how to get to a well known local store. He also did not know that if he kept going straight and made a left after passing the store, then he would be on his way back to his house that was right down the road about 10 minutes. I then felt as though it was time for him to go since he implied that he could come back in 30 minutes to sign the papers if we wanted and I said no thanks and I would call him when I made a decision. After some careful criticism we decided that this kind of company was not for us and we still could not afford it so we called and said no thanks and we would keep them in mind in the future when we had more money if we still need their services. On a side note: I found out that my township does not allow people to go door to door selling goods and or services especially under the false pretenses of a free service with pressure of purchasing anything. Therefore since my fiance was feeling so uncomfortable about the whole experience because it creeped her out how he hung around outside, i will be going to the township management office in the morning and filing a complaint against them. Hopefully then they will realize that it is wrong to lie to people just to get access to them and their house. It is also a shame because it seems as though their system would work well but they are not going about it the right way. I understand they do not want to spend money on advertisement and such but if they are so proud of their product and it is as good as they say, then why are they relying on WOM from citizens that own their product? I will end my rant, yet I hope this is a warning for anyone that they might trick into this **** they are peddling.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 10:20 pm
@johnnyb9,
did you ever hear of the saying" one bad apple will spoil the lot"? Maybe you got the bad apple
I think he did two different tests. One with the two bottles, one from the tap and the other from the tap, through his small conditioner, showing a precipitaion test. Then he probably did the hardness test, 5 drops of #5 and 5 drops of #6 in a test tube, and said how ever many drops of #7 it takes to turn this blue is how many grains per gallon hard that your water is hard. I'm glad that you know abou the compounds that he used, being educated you are, I use the same test kit to check hardness everyday, and couldn't tell you what they are or how they work, all I do is follow the directions from the "Independent Company", Lamotte Labs to get my results. You can go buy a hardness test kit and check it out for yourself.
I can understand your being upset about how long it took for the free water test,being that you were told 1 hour and it dragged out all night, but aren't you the one that let it drag on?
Since I don't sell systems,I can't really comment on the price issue.
0 Replies

ayemeteech

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 07:25 pm
A RainSoft salesperson just left my house after spending 2 hours trying to sell us this extremely overpriced product. He knocked at our door offering a free water test and a $25 Home Depot gift card. We were up for it since we really feel our water is not of good quality. We moved in a year ago to a new construction townhouse and noticed an extreme difference in water quality from our previous residence. We knew that he'd probably have something to sell but we thought we'd give him a shot. And we honestly did consider what he had to offer.

He ran all his tests, all the while plugging the water filtration system. According to his 6th grade science experiment he performed in my kitchen, our water was pretty bad. I washed my hands off of the mini system he brought and I did notice a difference and was interested in the price.

He was part of a "Consumer Advertising Policy" or something like that, I forget the name. Basically if we agree to the price he gave us then we would have to submit a handwritten letter regarding how much we like the system, receive 3 phone calls per month for 3 months asking us about our system, as well as place a RainSoft sign on our front lawn for 30 days. OK, not too bad as long as the price was there.

Well it wasn't. His "discount" price was over $8,000 BUT we could finance for $140/month for 76 months (yes, that's over 6 years) at 19%! We declined, politely, but immediately. Then he worked with our monthly bills on how much we would save on our gas, water, and general cleaning products and used that price which came to like $120. Still too much. So then he threw in some sort of 5 year unlimited organic cleaning product deal, which was weird as well as a 5 year membership to some sort of coupon club. Oh, and they would replace our faucets and showerheads with new filters that would save on our water bill. Pictures of these looked hideous.

We explained that we have many bills and one income. We are planning our wedding for 6 months from now as well as student loans for my master's degree. We said we wanted to sleep on it. I mean, come on, you're asking me to agree to a $10,000 product within a 2 hour period of time. NO WAY, NO HOW.

So he called his "boss". I honestly didn't think he was talking to anyone at all. But his "boss" said they could defer payments for 9 months until after the wedding. We said, thank you, and that did help, but we still needed to think about making such a drastic financial decision. It was the price of a decent used car for crying out loud.

So he called his "boss" again. Who asked to speak with my fiance. His "boss" was extremely rude, like a used car salesman. He actually tried to make us feel bad and had the audacity to question whether or not we spent $$ a month on premium cable channels!! He wanted us to cancel our HBO LOL. It was comical at that point. Whoever the guy was on the other end was a joke and ruined the sale for his employee.

Needless to say, we will most likely not be purchasing this system. Even when we said we would get back to the salesman in the next few days, he hurried out of our house as fast as he could pack up his test tubes and beakers. The salesman was new and very nice and I feel bad that he has to work for such a horrible advertising agency.

I feel bad for anyone who gets roped into this scam. How can they possibly expect people to make such a drastic financial decision in these economical times? Even after we clearly expressed we have one income, a 3 year old daughter, a wedding in the near future, and student loan bills.

Please, do your research before signing anything that requires that much pressure and intimidation!
0 Replies

screwedroyally

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:36 am
Rainsoft hires cold call personal to attempt to set up appointments for a salesperson to attend their home and sell them a water conditioning system for a price of around $6,000 or more depending on their ability to pay which is available usually for around $650.00 plus install from Costco. They also sell them a under the kitchen counter water purifier for around $2000.00 which retails at Costco for around $214.00 plus install and air purifiers for $3600.00 worth about $500.00 and furnace air masters worth about $300.00 for around $2000.00. They inform the purchaser that they are fully warranted for life for parts. They neglect to say unless the system becomes extinct. They tell them the only thing they need to pay for is the filters and labour which they sell them a year later for $120.00 and $180.00 plus labour of $80.00 when the filters are available at the store for around $12.00 and $20.00 and sell you a air master light bulb which they buy for $12.00 and sell to you for over $100.00 each plus $80.00 labour.

They neglect to tell you that your water bill will increase by at least 30-50 % because the water continuously runs down the drain.
They want to install the system within hours of your financing approval so you cant change your mind without paying enormous fees to remove it. This company is a scam.
Andy CWS

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 11:31 am
@screwedroyally,
Why does the water 'continuously run dow the drain'? Are you talking about the RO?
0 Replies