Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 07:42 am
@tsarstepan,
it's a prize wheel - like wheel of fortune - where the prizes are gift certificates for meat

(once upon a time - 3 years ago - it was actual meat Shocked )
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 10:13 pm
what I'm wearing right now isn't so interesting but I realized when I got back from walking the dog that I might have startled a few people

I had this hat on

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f1/4f/38/f14f38caa6c9e18869993e285ccb22e1.jpg

with this scarf

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4a/8a/9e/4a8a9e797eb82d0b496bd475e8991e87.jpg

and this lovely coat

http://workchic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/leopard-swing-coat.jpg

it had to be quite the vision
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 08:35 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: ancient red wool cross-country ski socks (I think my parents brought them back from Austria about 30 years ago Shocked ), fair isle patterned jeggings, black polar fleece pants, multi-pink striped tank under white polar fleece pullover, bright green faux uggs. You can always tell when I'm dressed for taking the dog o.u.t.
hearing: radio doc re near death experience research
eating: had a big bowl of soup. waiting for Set to bring an apple down so I can make up our evening snack plate
drinking: need more chai
doing: waiting for that apple
looking forward to: the snack plate!
feeling: like I could wait a while longer for winter weather to arrive (big pile of snow is forecast for Sunday Evil or Very Mad
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 08:46 am
@ehBeth,

wearing: Charcoal grey/black dress pants, black dress shirt, NY Bloodcenter blue zipup fleece.
hearing: My manager talking on the phone.
eating: Nothing.
drinking: After my 10AM firm file roundup, probably ice water.
looking forward to: Meeting a few friends at MOMA on Friday.

Quote:
drinking: need more chai

Don't we all? Very Happy

Quote:
feeling: like I could wait a while longer for winter weather to arrive (big pile of snow is forecast for Sunday Evil or Very Mad

Send it my way please. I want this year to break the snow accumulation record, please!

[/quote]
ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 10:39 am
@tsarstepan,
I'll huff and puff and send that snow to you.

I'm good to wait til February or March.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 07:56 pm
@Lash,
wearing: fluffy turquoise jammy pants dotted with Hello Kitty and snowflakes. I have no idea how this item of clothing came into my possession. The deep green slip over blouse I wore to work and an odd navy pullover cause I was cold. A lovely silver filigree bracelet with sparklies left over from work, awesome super thick warm light blue Christmas-y snowflake socks-yay!!

hearing: Doc Martin, pissing off the Portwenn locals.

eating: Gluten Free pizza - trying to find a good one. This isn't it.

drinking: Blue Moon

doing: Talking myself into meeting a writers' contest application deadline.

looking forward to: Christmas vacay

feeling: pretty good

wanting: can't think of anything
farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 08:09 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Talking myself into meeting a writers' contest application deadline
Were having one in central PA also. I have two shorties I wrote last summer that I was thinking of entering but I dont know wht to do bcause theyre both like 500 words over the limit of 1500 words
Lash

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 08:15 pm
@farmerman,
Kill your darlings!

It's so hard to edit out what you like. I hope you will.

Think about this one. Deadline tomorrow. $45. fee, but they send you feedback on your essays--& you write to prompts, which is a significant help to me.

http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/SSC/Challenge.htm

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 08:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
WEARING:--- My black T Rex Tee SHirt and black jeans

HEARING:--A lecture on a forensic exam of a new Leonardo

EATING:--Apple and Brie

DRINKING:--Fruit 2 O Melon flavor

LOOKING FORWARD TO:-- Finishing a rather large painting of "A murmuration of squares and analog TVs")

FEELING:-- satisfied with my wood splitting skills today. (I did 1/2 a cord of niceley dried oak, ready to burn or use in a smoker.-of course I use a TSC 35 HP log splitter)

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 08:25 pm
@Lash,
I can make the Jan 15, But I really wanted to hit the Pa contest because my one tale(of horror) is historically relevant to the Kystone State.
Oh well 2500 words an I dont have to kill any words. !500 qnd I hqve to slay some demons.
Oh bother!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 07:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: black/white polka-dotted fleece-lined tights, grey sweats, giant orange polar fleece pullover over a few other layers, multi polka-dot socks, green faux Uggs
hearing: a radio doc on the Fentanyl crisis in Vancouver
eating: Nothing. Had my veggie rice soup a bit earlier
drinking: ready to make tea
looking forward to: tonight's snack plate
feeling: like I've had enough winter already - and it's not even winter yet Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 07:20 pm
@Lash,
what we started with nearly 11 years ago

Lash wrote:

wearing:
hearing:
eating:
drinking:
doing:
looking forward to:
feeling:
wanting:
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 07:56 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I have two shorties I wrote last summer that I was thinking of entering but I dont know wht to do bcause theyre both like 500 words over the limit of 1500 words

Post one here.

Hold an editing contest with a prize contingent upon winning the other comp.

Marvel at how quickly your oeuvre gets the shoeuvre.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 10:35 pm
wearing: afore/mentioned over-sized, super thick navy houserobe with bears and snowflakes. The extraordinarily comfy navy adidas pants I arguably stole from my daughter-in-law, my damn favorite work dress I just never took off as I was throwing the other shite on top of cause cold. It is like the softest charcoal shirt dress evah! Too tired to put on socks, so swaddled feet in really tacky purple and neon green super soft blanket.
hearing: My impressively monotoned neighbor boring me to gunfire with her ultraboring voice.
eating: nada
drinking: Blue Moon
doing: avoiding bedtime
looking forward to: Christmas with my favorite daughter, wingwoman sister visit in a week.
feeling: on the pinnacle!!!
wanting: a solution to entertainment center issue.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:08 pm
@Lash,
wearing: those polka-dot tights and socks again, black sweater under grey fleece sweater, the green faux Uggs again
hearing: news on the radio
eating: just had a nice bowl of spiced oatmeal
drinking: nothing - chai earlier
doing: getting ready to walk to the Serbian bakery as a pack
looking forward to: going to my friend Anna's tomorrow to make her a pot of soup for her birthday and to do prep work for her New Year's party
feeling: full of good oatmeal
wanting: peace on earth
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:04 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: Long sleeve (tshirty) shirt with hood, blue jeans, and black sneakers.
hearing: Just put on an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Human Duplicators episode.
drinking: Water.
doing: Fidgeting soul and not much else.
looking forward to: Karaoke tonight with a couple of good friends.
feeling: Going stir-crazy with work being insanely slow. Tired because I got home late last night as I led a movie meetup that I really wasn't expecting to go to in the first place. Did a friend a favor.
wanting: Piece of Whole Foods carrot cake or Four and Twenty Blackbird slice of pie on a plate, (not on the ground of Earth).
ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 07:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: Long sleeve bright pink t under a loden knee-length knit tunic, black pants, brown faux uggs, giant girly grey cardi
hearing: a radio piece about a baby born at 22 weeks. it's kind of grossing me out
eating: Nothing. Considering oatmeal
drinking: Nothing. Chai later?
doing: wondering how I got into the New Years day plans. I'd really rather go walk by the lake with Set and the little dog.
looking forward to: our very low-key NYE plans
feeling: a bit reading stunned. Doing a lot of reading over the holidays. Making me a bit foggy.
wanting: a piece of good baked choco cake. 1/2 of a cake donut would more than do it, if I could find a really good one
ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:09 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: navy sparkle turtleneck under deep garnet polar fleece, black polar fleece leggings over wild fair isle patterned leggings, green faux uggs
hearing: med guy comparing tape splicing to gene splicing
drinking: Nothing. Chai later?
doing: trying to avoid going out into the rain
looking forward to: seeing friends soon
feeling: warmer than yesterday
wanting: still searching for a good cake donut. haven't even seen any that look worth sampling
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:25 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

wanting: still searching for a good cake donut. haven't even seen any that look worth sampling

Come to NYC and I'll treat you to a Doughnut Plant cake doughnut. The bestestestestest in the world. #nodoubt

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 10:46 am
@tsarstepan,
the Brooklyn Blackout looks interesting
looks like there are a couple of locations near Union Square - next time I'm in town - you're on!

edit

look at this

http://www.1000thingsnyc.com/donut-plant/

(it might actually have too much stuff going on - but I'd be willing to give it a try - just for science, eh)
0 Replies