Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

doggie lover

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 09:08 am
@panzade,
Haha, oops... Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 09:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: tall black boots, black/grey tights, black wrap skirt, black/white striped tank, black kinda ruffly cardigan, serious poofed up hair
hearing: weather on the radio ... flurries in the forecast
drinking: Nothing.
eating: just finished the last of yesterday's Chinese New Year soup <slurp>
doing: decompressing after dance class/boot camp. we worked our tushies and brains superhard tonight.
feeling: kinda ok about taksim class tonight. weird. but ok. I used to always be intimidated when it was A/H and V. Now I feel like I can keep up about 60% of the time. Those ethnomusicology classes are finally paying off ... 40 years later Cool
looking forward to: dance class and combo class tomorrow
doggie lover

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 07:24 pm
@ehBeth,
This was fun so I thought I should do it again... Wink
wearing: My favorite sweatpants and a Guns and Roses t-shirt!
hearing: My guitar and some classic rock songs on shuffle
eating: Nothing at the moment, but i'll eat supper in a few minutes
drinking: Water flavored with a strawberry Crush packet, Yum!
doing: Practicing my guitar
looking forward to: The weekend
feeling: Happy, because I'm thinking of a concert I recently went to that was an amazing experience Smile
wanting: To go to another one of their concerts
wanting: To get better at the guitar
wanting: Countless other things Wink
ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 07:53 pm
@doggie lover,
Hi, doggie. I'm an oldie, guns and roses were after me.. I had zoned out to other music by then. We can still possibly get along.

wearing: My favorite sweatpants, green, and my orange tee from Lucca, the one that I offered to LittleK (a2k person) when I got home, the damned thing was to small for me. Little K, family around Lucca, which is why I offered it, said no, I should keep it. Wise woman. I was chubbier then, later it fit me. By now this light orange tee is getting a certain fragile mode.
It was just at some souvenir stand. When I was there, there were few of those.
hearing: slight house noise
doing: thinking about several subjects and also cooking
looking forward to: gardening and seeing neighbors tomorr0w
wanting: a couple of trips; well, a couple or fourteen..
doggie lover

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 08:57 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree, I think that we can get along just fine! Wink Gotta love sweatpants Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 08:34 am
wearing: gym gear: green 5K race t shirt, black track pants, sweat socks,
slippers ( sneaks are by the door)
hearing: Leonard Cohen, "Dance Me to the End of Love"
drinking: chai tea latte (off coffee for the season)
eating: coconut cream bun
doing: laundry
feeling: happy to be warm and fed: nothing like winter to make you realize
just what fragile creatures we are
looking forward to: a workout with my man Rhys at the gym
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 08:15 am
@ehBeth,
wearing: fuzzy black slippers, black yoga pants, black racer back tank, terry cloth shirt - it is humongous. Shih-tzu hairdo. Tortoise shell glasses.
hearing: Tom and Jerry
Drinking: Coffee w/ tsp coconut oil and whipped to froth. My favorite new concoction.
eating: juicy scrambled aigs with spinach and onions. Some people think that's gross. I think it is yummy.
doing: eh...i dunno. just doing
feeling: kind of thinking over the last 20 years. Got engaged 20 years ago today. Been rocky at times. It can be incredibly emotional being married to my man. But I laugh a lot. It is never boring. I want to slap and kiss his face just about every day <3
looking forward to: I have a heinous sinus infection...so I am not feeling very romantic. Can't breathe through my nose. Which is just so very...unappealing. I think I am looking forward to breathing through my nose again. [edit] AND The Walking Dead tonight. That's important.

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 10:43 am
@mismi,
wearing: Blue jeans, heavy sweatshirt, socks.
hearing: Tom Servo and Crow T Robot cracking wise....
http://i66.tinypic.com/14njr7o.jpg
Drinking: Second mug of Darjeeling tea.
eating: Nothing now.
doing: Watching a classic episode of MST3k, the Space Mutiny episode.
feeling: Better than usual. Game day (six hours of board games) with friends yesterday has done me good.
looking forward to: Going to see my father next weekend.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 09:22 pm
@mismi,
wearing: random black clogs, red/green striped fuzzy socks, wild argyle patterned tights, long sleeve tie-dye shirt under grey polar fleece. red and white snowflake polar fleece blanket over my knees
hearingShad interviewing a giddy actress about a very not giddy role
Drinking: blueberry / pomegranate fizzy water
eating: nothing. thinking about a Swedish fish or two
doing: trying to figure out what to do with my hair. it's in a crazy longish frizzy place
feeling: warm now. glad i'm inside after the slip-slidey walk I took Bella on
looking forward to: a haircut? the weekend? swimming! yes, swimming!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 06:01 am
wearing:Mismi brand fuzzy slippers and a tired ol' tartan nightgown.
hearing:The seldom heard sound in S Florida of the heater kicking in
eating:nada
drinking:cappuccino made with a new creamer from Nestle called Natural Bliss which is terrific. Real cane sugar milk and cream.
doing:Playing bridge online at 6 am with a couple of Turks and a Belgian chick.
looking forward to:3 gigs next weekend. I'm switching to bass guitar because our bass player is moving to Vermont to be with family. Change is good.
feeling:Exhausted. My circadian rhythm got twisted by late nights. I was going to bed at 7 am. Yesterday I got a couple hours of sleep and stayed up til 8 pm. Woke up at 5 am hoping I can get back to a normal cycle.
wanting:I Hop to deliver a western omelette.
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 06:29 am
@panzade,
do you kind of "wing it" with a bss guitr? I always har renditions of same songs by same bands nd it always appears that the Bass guy gets bored and drives some chord changes from the bottom?

Do you finger or use a pick?
I cnt finger with my left hand on heavy strings. (I tried a bass fiddle that was left on the bandstand once and screwed it all up)
panzade

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:56 am
@farmerman,
I don't wing it. In order to play tight with a drummer ya gotta be conservative and simple or them folks won't dance and there's no kaching when they don't dance.
I do get bored and that's why I'm dreading leaving my keyboard and guitar position where I often get to improvise which is a thrilling and exciting exercise.
Kinda like walking a high wire over Niagara Falls

I finger for the country stuff and pick for the rock;fast stuff.
Bass fiddle is like driving a truck with no power steering; haven't had a fiddle gig for ages.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 09:56 am
@panzade,
today I want to be panzade
panzade

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 10:07 am
@ehBeth,
I was you last week
mismi

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 06:59 pm
@panzade,
I laughed at you two.

The fuzzy black slippers are a non-negotiable necessity until April...then my tootsies get hot and they go bare. Wink

wearing: Okay - so I fudged the truth a bit...I am bare footed right now - but it is warm outside. jeans that are pretty tattered with a bandana print coral and turquoise big shirt. Love it.
hearing: The 16 year old and the 12 year old fighting. <sigh> It never ends.
Drinking: Unfiltered Concord Grape Juice....delish. But it makes me thirstier.
eating: nothing
doing: checking on yous guys
feeling: decidedly sleepy seeing Panzade's schedule of late. I am a 9 - 4:30 kind of girl every day. But so very happy baseball season is underway. I sat in the bleachers in the warm sun watching my favorite sport today. Very happy.
looking forward to: Summer.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 02:20 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: Charcoal black (?) dress pants, black dress shirt, green sweatshirt, black sneakers.
Hearing: The Whalebone Feathers - Peter Ostroushko & Dean Magraw - 2/27/2016 from last weekend's A Prairie Home Companion show.

Drinking: Water.
Eating: Nothing.
Doing: Working... #coughcough.
Feeling: A little tired, a little muddled.
Looking forward to: Going to a film festival on Saturday to see the highly anticipated animated version of The Little Prince (2015).
ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 03:19 pm
@tsarstepan,

wearing: my most comfy pair of elderly blue jeans. Not just because I'm on the older side of the fence, but that these jeans have panache plus, except that I now have to roll up the bottoms of the legs after I lost weight, now quite a while ago (steady now for, uh, about ten years), so you can guess the age of the jeans. They're on the baggy side, leg style wise. Yes, yes, I have thin black jeans too, but, hey. Long sleeved lime green tee, dark blue faux crocs yet again.
hearing: my ears plus refrigerator hum
sipping: Sierra Nevada Torpedo
eating: leftover half a crumpet (I make them fairly large and thin, and they can easily be split) and some asadero cheese
doing: rest phase after getting the Terni bread dough a-rising
feeling: just caught an email from my ex. Years ago I did a design for Pershing Square, a downtown LA park - it was a mostly local but serious contest and I was the one asked to enter it from my school (lots of pros entered too). I spent (counted them) 200 hours on it, much in the middle of the night (I also worked besides school and being married), and it turned out that my eminent teacher gave me the wrong data for the program. A good lesson, in that I'd never not check with a city again, after that, as they had revised the program. Pershing Square has been renovated since that time, and now is going to be renovated again. By now, John and I are both laughing.. it's been thirty years since I worked on it, and he kept us sane.
Anyway, always good to hear from him.
looking forward to: getting back to my book, dark star, by Alan Furst.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 07:11 pm
wearing: hand-me-downs from favorite daughter in law - navy Adidas running pants, hand-me-down from son - white Clemson logo t, my teal blankey for cold feets that want no boundries, readers in black plastic
hearing: Revenant mood music @ goat in mission
sipping: Blue Moon
eating: nothing
doing: contemplating bed, suffering with Leo
feeling: overtired and will sleep well
looking forward to: Spring Break!!!!! (used to mean something entirely different - now means I get to babysit me grandbairn)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 05:37 pm
wearing: comfy black yoga pants, my white sheer cotton summer peasant top, no shoes, my khaki safari blouse.
hearing: The very ironic facts that preface Magnolia, which I only saw once more than a decade ago. *grin* "This cannot be just one of those things..."
sipping: Blue Moon
eating: lemony salmon, quinoa w/ mushroom and zucchini
doing: gluttony over so many new additions to Roku
feeling: wonderful
looking forward to: still Spring Break, kids, their kids, smelling that baby head.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 05:51 pm
@Lash,
wearing: sweatshirt with with Charles Darwin painted by Dan Piel, a friend who passed away many years ago.
hearing: quiet
drinking: Nothing.
eating: ate a turkey sandwich at Harry's Hofbrau for lunch
doing: typing some craperroo on a2k
feeling: okay about 95%
looking forward to: the mystery dinner my wife may prepare or to the restaurant of her choice.