Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 04:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: black yoga pants with crazy wide white waistband. groovy handkerchief hem cotton shirt in yellow/acid green/lime bamboo print. my sparkly Justin cowboy clogs

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mjlGJg4Z0jxWCdM-MZDIaIQ.jpg

hearing: news on the radio
drinking: nothing
doing: considering things
eating: just had some beef stoop that was extra yummy because of the bok choy I added
feeling: happy that the Thanksgiving long weekend has started
wanting: it to be Saturday so I can go swimming again
looking forward to: ^^^^ swimming !!!! ^^^^^ I treated myself to groovy new swim goggles and evrythin'

they look just a tiny bit sparkly

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41D87Z8gEqL._SX466_.jpg

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

(things seem a bit sparkly eh)
Lash

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 05:10 pm
wearing: jeans from Jean Day at school, old grey DSS t.
hearing: Jason Bourne trying to convince his soon-to-be dead gf to get serious.
drinking: Pinot
eating: still tasting enormous, fabulously healthy salad.
doing: thinking about going to sleep incredibly early, mildly disappointed to have jettisoned possible date dude; happily anticipating my weekend.
feeling: better than in a looong time
wanting: my darlings
ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 05:50 pm
@ehBeth,

drinking: nothing

ohhhhh yuck

thought I was going to have a slug of cranberry juice

had a slug of lemonade/tea instead

not that the l/t is bad but my mouth was set for cranberry

Confused
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 01:01 am
@Lash,
wearing: My favorite Goldwater Creek black skinny jeans, a ribbon knit v-neck shirt, no shoes
hearing[/size Dave Brubeck Quartet playing 'Take Five"
[size=150]drinking:
nada
eating: it's too late to be eating
doing: Just enjoying the music
Feelng: Unhappy over a silly argument
wanting: Senseless killing to stop
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 02:56 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: black yoga pants with crazy wide white waistband. teal t under long sleeve black/white/grey striped t. random sandals.
hearing: Shelagh Rogers interviewing someone on the radio
drinking: lemonade ice tea
doing: blinking a lot as my eyes recover from the pool's chlorine
eating: just had a lovely fresh bun from the Macedonian (?) bakery with pb and

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/content/dam/lclonline/images/products/1979175.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

feeling: happy that the pool was open. also awkward that for a while it was just me and four lifeguards
wanting: it to be tomorrow so I can go swimming again!
looking forward to: a beautiful sunny Thanksgiving Sunday and Monday
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:43 pm
wearing: grey jersey long pants, a black tee that is flecked with some grey, my oldie dark olive soft cotton long sleeved shirt not buttoned, my mother's ring from some time like 1919 (mixed golds, gorgeous aqua colored stone with a lot of facets). The tee shirt is a recent good will buy from the men's section - I love it, it's nice and long and sort of stretchy slinky. So from now on, I'm going to include looking in the men's teeshirt section as well as the women's as I usually just walk past it.
hearing: Francesco de Gregori's Pezzi di Vetro from the Rimmel CD; such a lovely language, delightful voice.
drinking: grocery store Chianti with ice (ice is a sin, I'm sure)
doing: resting before playing in the kitchen
eating: not quite time yet for heating up my many ingredient soup
feeling: cheery with the happy music
wanting: my homemade ravioli to turn out (1) spinach/garlic/whatever/ricotta (2) mushroom, turmeric/whatever/ricotta). New recipe for the dough:
www.domenicacooks.com/2014/01/make-homemade-ravioli/
sort of looking forward to: yard work for a while tomorrow
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 12:26 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: Lavenderesque dress shirt, tan khakis, black sneakers.
hearing: Terry Gross interviewing someone on her NPR program, Fresh Air. No idea as I literally haven't been actually listening. Now, I started last week's Eat Your Kimchi video.

drinking: Just finished my usual Chai tea.
doing: Not much.
eating: Finished my usual. PB and p (peanut butter and preserves on whole wheat).
feeling: grwaaawaar (Sorry. Just swore in Wookie).
sort of looking forward to: Oyster Fest this Saturday with some friends.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 12:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
I just got a Fall email from my first design teacher, later on friend, who now lives in Washington State. He's raising oysters...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 01:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds to clarify - he's a landscape designer/artist, built his own house there. I'm sure he's doing it in some eco approved way.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:13 pm
@ossobuco,
The state has been cleaning New York harbor this past ten or so years. They only recently reintroduced oysters (still not edible) into the waters. New York harbor was well known for its oyster crops so long ago.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'll report more on what Nori is doing, once I figure it out, on this or another thread. Some mishugas going on here today in Sandville, so I'm distracted.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: black yoga pants, black sneaks with shiny in the dark stripes, random comfy socks, beige/raspberry/sage striped long sleeve t under a short-sleeved blue/white GIANT collared sweater
hearing: an interview with Ken Taylor's son. Mr. Taylor died today. He was the Canadian ambassador in Iran when the hostages were brought out
drinking: nothing. thirsty
doing: recovering from walking Bella in the rain. I have a knack for taking her out about 5 minutes before the rain starts Confused
eating: a big bowl of pasta with butter and some diced tomatoes with garlic
feeling: damp
looking forward to: swimming on the weekend. I'm a lane swimming fool.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 07:11 pm
@ehBeth,
eating: apple slices

I love autumn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 07:40 pm
@Lash,
wearing: really out-dated, way too thick, tacky bathrobe - navy blue with snowflakes and cheap teddybears. this is the first time I've really looked at this thing and it is destined for the trash. black socks.
hearing: Episode 2 of Rake (which I love). Cleaver Greene is in big trouble again.
eating: nah
drinking: not enough water, so more!
doing: postponing bedtime
looking forward to: tomorrow at 3:10!!! Going to spend the weekend with my sister and get LONG OVERDUE hair did.
feeling: pretty damn good
wanting: (greedy, I know, but) winter holiday!!!!
George

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:22 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
. . . hearing: an interview with Ken Taylor's son. Mr. Taylor died today.
He was the Canadian ambassador in Iran when the hostages were brought out . . .
He never got the full credit he deserved in the US, if you ask me. RIP, Mr. Taylor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 05:37 pm
@Lash,
wearing: blue jeans (it's cool enough today); royal blue sort of ladylike zippered knitwear sweater that is a more formal find than usual from GWill, what with the black beads placed along the sides of the zipper and black piping at the sleeve ends and the neckline; now elderly navy faux crocs. That sweater reminds me of the kind of suits Nancy Reagan would wear, except of course that it is blue, go figure.
hearing: Faure's Requiem cd, so beautiful: Orchestre symphonique de Montreal. Kiri is the soprano, Sherrill Milnes the baritone
eating: nada
drinking: low end bourbon and almond milk/cocoa and batch of ice. I have graduated from grocery store chocolate milk at last.
doing: I'm in a rest phase at 7/11th the way through cutting up eleven spanish onions to caramelize (Russ Parson's recipe, takes about three hours once they get cooking, and some fair amount of attention). What with the Requiem and the onions effect together, I'm not crying but enjoying it.
looking forward to: For a change, I'm looking forward to tackling some paperwork items (gah) on my to do list, over the weekend.
feeling: good
wanting: to remember to buy a lottery ticket next time at the market. Years go by without my doing that.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 05:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I am missing 2packs here, always have looked forward to his posts. Anybody know if he's doing ok?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 07:21 pm
@ossobuco,
he's doing well

in his third term as mayor of his little town
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 07:25 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: wardrobe is unremarkable ... except ... I am test-wearing a big blonde wig in anticipation of a couple of HalloweƩnish parties

I'm a vision.

The little dog groaned when she saw me.

not quite these

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ae/f0/e5/aef0e57760b91b48140c6c914c42a9d7.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDQ0Nw==/z/xDAAAOxy--NRyJru/$(KGrHqYOKo8FGsqeq!4lBRyJruW2tQ~~60_35.JPG
but dang close

I think it's actually meant for a drag queen.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 07:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Good! thanks for the update.

Me, I've decided the better part of valour is to leave the nicely melty and somewhat reduced in volume onions alone overnight, as there are three or more hours to go, at the least, re their turning out Parsons' well and not burning even a little bit. A batch like this can last me something like six months, kept in small bottles in the freezer. Ok, three months. They are scarfable as it is, one needs temperance.