Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 02:28 pm
@Swimpy,
Congrats to your husband (AKA Lucky Dog) Swimpy! Hope stir craziness will not set in anytime soon. Wink

Wearing: Black jeans, maroon (un)buttoned up short sleeve shirt, maroon t-shirt, black sneakers.
Hearing: Classical music on the radio.
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: Should be drinking water but not doing so right now.
Doing: Getting ready to leave work. So basically not much.
Looking forward to: Meeting a few friends at Riis Park beach.
Wanting: I can think of too many things to list here... so I won't annoy anyone by trying.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 02:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: pink gingham capris, pale pink t with lace/sparkle panel down the front, bronze sequinned fit flops, odd hairband with small turquoise flowers, zinc ointmented arms (mosquito bites Evil or Very Mad )
Hearing: news on the radio. tiny dog chomping away on her kibble
Drinking: blue menu orange fizzy water
Doing: enjoying the start of a long long weekend. contemplating stuff. smiling at seeing Swimperalla and the Tsar
Looking forward to: chilling with friends and dogs on the weekend
Wanting: it all maybe
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 02:51 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimp!! Very Happy
Swimpy

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 11:54 am
@ossobuco,
<waves to Osso>
ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 12:37 pm
@Swimpy,
Wearing: jean shorts, short sleeved turquoise colored blouse with a pattern of little squares that seem to have a cloud and mitten in them, or maybe it's a teddy bear toy. Black flats.
Hearing: faint Yo Yo Ma; his cd is in the living room, me in the back of the house.
Drinking: last of the banana raisin cocoa yogurt/milk smoothie; time to make more since there is one banana left.
Doing: Setting up my fantasy baseball players for the next three days.
This will be a tough week, as my Sandy Dogs will have to face the very dreaded Rain Delay team, whose a2k manager often wins the season. Right now I'm in third place, but that won't last.
Looking forward to: getting two books I ordered from Amazon. Will report.
Wanting long list
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 02:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Love YoYo Ma. A personal favorite musician of mine.
Wearing: Cheap faded blue shorts which I sleep in. It's a Sunday. My vegetable day.
Hearing: A ceiling fan and a floor fan and the turtle's tank.
Drinking: Ice water, freshly ... brewed.
Doing: Not much. Just finished sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor. Also vacuumed the remainder of the apartment's floors. Done for the day.
Looking forward to: Rooftop party at a friend's house in a couple of weeks.
Wanting Longer top secret list. Send me $500 via PayPal and I'll email you an abridged copy of that list. Send $1000 and I'll even make and send you a bound copy from Staples.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: black yoga capris, black v-neck t with tiny white birds flying all over, ancient faux snake print slides, more zinc ointment for bug bites ... things are getting better but I was pretty chewed up
Hearing: something random on the radio about ethics - the guy talking has a very marbley voice
Drinking: lemonade/ice tea mix
Doing: just back from walking Bella. checking that I know the password for google play so Set can watch his movie

Looking forward to: Brazilian soul music concert on Sunday in the music garden designed by .... our favourite ... Yo Yo Ma !!!

Wanting to be able to take all the dance classes I want, and to go to all the concerts I want and all the stuff !!!
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 07:00 am
@ehBeth,
Wearing: Black jeans, maroon Moses and Singer t-shirt, tan and white short sleeve button up shirt.
Hearing: Classical coming from the file room radio. Hulu's @Midnight episode from last night finished less then 30 seconds ago. So not that anymore.
Drinking: Ice water.
Doing: Typing my post. Not much else.
Looking forward to: A picnic and scavenger hunt tomorrow at Prospect Park.
Wanting: Too much to ask for, so little time.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 02:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: black/white striped capris, purple striped cami, white zip-front sports cardi, black high-wedge sandals with white piping
Hearing: Maureen Jennings doing Proust Questionnaire on the radio
Drinking: nothing
Doing: chillin' baby
Looking forward to: reading on the porch
Wanting: this weather to last forever
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 03:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: my present favorite tee shirt because of the color, a sort of pinkish purple, with an tastefully small Addidas plug on it; stretchy olden capri pants that are some mid pink shade; dark blue faux crocs
Hearing: the washing machine
Drinking: chardonnay on a mile of ice cubes
Doing: working up interest in going out to weed again; it's a very weedy year here.
Looking forward to: September
Wanting: this weather to NOT last forever
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 04:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Eating: old-fashioned walnut butter tart
Drinking: Twinings irish breakfast tea
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 05:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Didn't have to go weed, as we had a cloudburst, thus I've a wet kitchen floor (don't get me started about understanding of drainage issues in New Mexico by contractors or even city engineers/planners, if there are any at all). My old self would be down at the city battering them with information.

In the meantime, I know how to modify my yard that drains to the house re the fact that they don't put drainage systems in here, but that takes money I don't have, nor do my neighbors. So most of us on this side of the block have occasional swimming pool back door areas. Hiss!

Oh, I'm going to make the easy choice this evening, linguine with fresh basil/garlic pesto, just like in Sonoma (never was a pasta dish so green..).
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 05:22 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
linguine with fresh basil/garlic pesto

sounds like a great idea

need to make that soon
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:32 pm
@Lash,
WEARING: comfy ribbon knit coldwater creek navy v-neck sweater and my fav dark jeans
HEARING: 2 vizslas begging for rawhide bone (the cupboard is bare)
EATING: nada
DRINKING: ice water
DOING: guess
LOOKING FORWARD TO: Lash's new grand baby
FEELING: Neutral
WANTING: I'm fine for the time being
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:35 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy, be forewarned. Tell your husband he cannot re-organize the kitchen to make it more efficient. unless he's the only one who cooks.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:43 pm
@glitterbag,
hahahahaha

never a truer word/phrase

when hamburgboy retired, he thought he'd help mrs hamburgboy re/organize the kitchen

he went back to work on a part-time basis not too long after Laughing
glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:58 pm
@ehBeth,
So did Mr. G'bag, he went thru all the kitchen drawers and piled up all the utensils he figured I wouldn't need. There was a melon baller in the pile, granted, I haven't used a melon baller in a long time, but if I need one, I have one.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 07:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: kinda good odd yoga pants from Talbots - brown with pink inserts that disappear behind a zipper, ancient giraffe print tee - from the days my mother and I had some matching clothes, silver fitflops, the bottom part of a purple t-shirt turned into a hairband
Hearing: news about Israel on the news - something about African migrants and the Supreme Court
Eating: Nothing, but had some good potato salad about 10 minutes ago
Drinking: just had a gulp of tea
Doing: wondering about stuff
Looking forward to: seeing my best friend and her wonderful daughter in 10 days - can't wait to hug it out with them
Wanting: more more more of this glorious weather
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 08:32 pm
wearing:My new cammo shorts.I'm invisible at the computer
hearing:Raccoon pups playing in my attic. They like to bounce a marble. Who knew?
eating:Custom made Publix Italian sub. The best
drinking:My new invention:Apple Iced Tea.1/2 Apple nectar 1/2 Iced Tea
doing:Learning a Zep tune for this Saturday
looking forward to:Playing with my old band. They asked me to fill in.
feeling:Sleepy
wanting:This dang toothache to stop.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 08:38 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

wearing:My new cammo shorts.I'm invisible at the computer

http://cdn.directv.com/cms3/why_directv/programming/img__Winner_Number_1.jpg
0 Replies