Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:24 pm
@panzade,
whooooooooooooweeeeeeeee

pretty

shirt too
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:25 pm
@panzade,
hahahahaha

you're funny

Cool
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:55 am
@ehBeth,
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/sheplers/088840_89_p1?hei=575&qlt=85,1&wid=470&fmt=jpeg&resMode=bicub&op_sharpen=1

Good Lay-ord.

It makes you look beautiful. You should never take that shirt off. Well...you can if you want.

wearing: raggledy jeans, white t-shirt, red fleece jacket - yes the same nubby one I have been wearing for the 7 years I have been here. bare feet. They are a little chilly.
hearing: music from the other room. It is so soft I can't tell what it is.
eating: I just heated up and ate chicken fried rice from supper the other night. meh. It filled the hole.
drinking: need caffeine. I have hit the skids.
doing: checking in on my peeps. Been missing you all.
looking forward to: slower - I am starting to wonder if it -like "normal", it doesn't exist.
feeling: a bit manic.
wanting: If I stopped for a moment to think I might could tell you.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 05:42 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Good Lay-ord.

It makes you look beautiful. You should never take that shirt off. Well...you can if you want.

doing: giggling and giggling and just laughing

Miss me my MissyMe
mismi

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 03:53 pm
@ehBeth,
I love you Beth. Rally I dooooo. Smile

I think I am about to get a break in the busy. Happy. Am. I.
Daisy Ryder

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 10:08 am
@mismi,
Get a job hippies. Laughing Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 07:40 pm
@mismi,
wearing: black skinny leg dress pants, cream shearling-lined slipper clogs, tunic-length cranberry-coloured sweater, hair is up in a pile of clips
hearing: a radio feature about Seamus Heaney and W.B. Yeats
eating: nothing
drinking: just had a big gulp of strawberry banana smoothie
doing: getting ready to snooze
looking forward to: choreo class on Wednesday, technique class too
feeling: tired
wanting: staff to do the work around here while I nap
Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 08:34 pm
@Lash,
wearing: Guinness t-shirt (doctor gave it to me), black trousers, f.ing tubigrips
hearing: Breeze rustling the leaves still clinging to the weeping willow
eating: Nothing
drinking: Water
doing: Wondering
looking forward to: Another day
feeling: Tubular
wanting: Answers
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 08:51 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: my DKNY pajamas, which work as a set of long shorts and sort of sloppy but nice top, both cocoa colored flannel with pink drawstrings. One of my favorite purchases from a thrift. Plus dark blue crocs.
hearing: tinnitus
eating: just finished a rice/spicy eggplant/garlic/adobo sauce/pinto bean/scrambled egg/cheddar cheese burrito
drinking: dilute apricot nectar w/ ice
doing: just waiting for my attempt at making hamburger buns to finish baking. I think ehBeth linked the recipe, which of course I fooled with, adding some whole wheat flour and a tad of turmeric
looking forward to: more garage cleanout, as I'm making progress, finally figured out what organization to donate stuff to (habitat for humanity)
feeling: tired - also made salmon fish cakes today, fourteen this time, in between putting items in boxes
wanting: lots of things to work out
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 07:33 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing:sparkly silver grey long-sleeved t that says something about Park Avenue NYC on it, navy slacks (who calls them slacks these days), black belt with silver studs, silver skecher mary janes with rhinestones - I may have been a bit overdressed for dog-walking
hearing: Ideas on the radio
eating: nothing
drinking: nothing - considering a pear cider
doing: trying to get ready to rest for tomorrow's activities. I may have over-booked
looking forward to: dance class with Habeeba, followed by a double dance workshop with Yasmina, then meeting Brenda Lynn to go to a comedy show taping at the CBC - it will be a full day
feeling: like I need to think about it before I book three things that need energy for a Saturday
wanting: lots of things to work out for all of us

Daisy Ryder

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 10:45 am
@ehBeth,
I told myself I wasn't going to do one of these ...
I'm not bored ... I just don't want to do the things I have to do at the moment.
Okay ... Tragically bored.
Gonna do one of these mundane things ... Mundane, just another word for stupid.

Alright, what did ehBeth start with? Wearing ... -.-

Wearing: Nothing. Just kidding. I'm wearing clothes. Shirt, skirt. Underwear? Eh.

...what next?

Hearing: Eddy Arnold on the radio, singing "Tennesee Stud". Life is very mundane without music.
Eating: Just finished a bagel ... Almost got to that shaky point of not eating. I might be hung-over, haven't decided yet.
Drinking: Pear cider?! Where do I get one of those ehBeth? Do you make them yourself? I'm drinking soda. Soda after coffee, routine. Soda means time to start doing things like chores ... -.- Understand my enthusiastic procrastination?

Doing: Duh. Typing this dumb thing. Waiting for Dutchy to catch up on some of the threads so we can play. I should probably do the dishes though.
Looking Forward To: Ummmm. Hmmm. Chores? No. Got a movie in the mail, Iron Man ii. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Feeling: Not bored ... Maybe a little. Why else have I succumb to this particular thread? Feeling, belated, anxious, overwhelmed, sore, content, concerned ... All at once.
Wanting: More word descriptions because, I'm just now enjoying the post. Also wanting some serotonin release. Who doesn't? Wanting ... This Excedrin to kick in. They discontinued the medicine a year or two ago but I had a few bottles stashed. Keep it on reserve when the Advil runs out. Yep, I'm probably hung-over. Wanting ... To dance in the pouring rain naked, singing along with the music in my head - that would be fun. Very Happy
Okay ... That is all.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 08:04 pm
@Daisy Ryder,
Quote:
Hearing: .... Life is very mundane without music.

Too true Daisy! Very Happy

wearing: Black sweatpants, tan t-shirt, white bathrobe, black slippers.
hearing: Natalie Portman whining to the government agents (SHIELD) for consficating her equipment.
eating: Nothing.
drinking: Water.
doing: Rewatching Thor.
looking forward to: Going to see Thor 2: The Dark World this Friday.
feeling: Lonely and worried about finding a more permanent place to live when I have to move out by January.
wanting: lots of things to work out for all of us: This!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2013 10:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hearing: .... Jim Corcoran on A propos. Always think of George when this is on.
wearing: striped pirate socks, garnet skinny leg dress pants, a lime green belly cloud under a lime green bamboo knit shirt under a tie die cream/pink/sage green heavy long-sleeve t, black shearling-lined clogs, a set of high pony tails
drinking: lemon green tea
doing: relaxing
looking forward to: seeing Sydtini tomorrow - maybe getting hair snazzed up. Sugar Skull Candy photo shoot at the end of the month.
feeling: glad that I spent time with Brenda tonight, but annoyed that we wasted time going to a concert that I think we both knew we wouldn't enjoy (we left at intermission)
wanting: lots of things to work out for all of us: stillThis!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 12:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Hearing: .... Sook Yin Lee interviewing someone about his first haj and how he prepared for it - the theme of today's show is pilgrimages
wearing: charcoal grey winter clogs, black slacks, white t that has d.a.n.c.e. on it in sparklies, giant navy blue polar fleece jacket
drinking: making some hot cocoa with hazelnut coffee
doing: considering a gingerbread cookie's demise
looking forward to: more vacation days
feeling: apprehensive about the second bout of freezing rain that is supposed to kick our butts tonight and tomorrow
wanting: staff (I keep asking but somehow it never works out)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 02:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Hearing: ....Eleanor Wachtel interviewing Rohinton Mistry on Writers and Company. His rendition of Don't Fence Me In is wonderful. Third time I've heard this interview and I still love it.
wearing: cream sweater clogs, black socks, black yoga pants, grey/black smock top
eating: Nothing. need something
drinking: making some hot cocoa with hazelnut coffee
doing: taking sneak peeks at my awesome new hair colour
looking forward to: a few months without bad weather
feeling: like I really want to d.a.n.c.e.
wanting: staff (I keep asking but somehow it never works out)

What do I really really want?

Everyone to have a fabulous 2014 !
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 08:22 pm
Wearing: Socks {it's chilly up in here} cargo pants, a Mizzou shirt, and a black leather jacket.
Hearing: "Kiss the Rain" by Billie Myers.
Eating: Had two cajun turkey and pepperjack cheese sammich's.
Drinking: Water.
Doing: Looking on E-bay and such for a necklace to go with my Thors hammer, and my twin Yin/Yang thing I've made...pretty much decided on a black or pewter ankh....the whole, life....what comes around, goes around thing....groovy baby, groovy.
Looking forward to: Getting to bed, it has been a very long day, got up around 4:30 and drove to StL...stuck in traffic for over an hour. Tarzan does not understand traffic jams....or more to the point, why on Earth would anyone put up with them....ever.
Feeling: Besides chilly and sleepy, not much of anything of note.
Wanting: For summer to get here, I've never been this color in my life, I think I may have actually become a full blown white person.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 09:07 pm
Wearing: my japanese rubber drugstore sandals (brown), dark green jersey slacks, yellow green zip up sweater, a ring I bought when I first got to Albuquerque... silver with purple stone of some sort.
Hearing: the heater. Time to turn it down.
Eating: just ate two of the small bran muffins (molasses/banana/raisins/almonds) I baked for breakfast treats. Too bad it's evening time. They're a little too sweet, will change recipe next time.
Drinking: Going off to read in bed with a glass of water with half an orange squeezed into it.
Doing: just finished reading about the Mizzou defensive end making the news
Looking forward to: tackling matters in my front yard tomorrow (well, sort of. I'll feel better about it after I do some of that).
Feeling: Happy as a clam to see 2packs
Wanting: For May to be here and stay from June to October
0 Replies

Daisy Ryder

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 01:10 pm
Wearing: Clothes... What I always wear. Like a cartoon character, I have fifteen black spaghetti strap shirts with matching under garments. Twenty skirts, long short medium. One pair of boots, one pair of house slippers that look like fuzzy snow boots and an endless supply of striped socks.
Sooo, black strap shirt, medium length blue variation skirt, green yellow striped socks and house boots.

Hearing: Rain. That's why I'm here. It's an all day rain and I'm tragically bored.

Eating: Not eating. Smoking. Can't do both.

Drinking: Dr. Pepper as I just learned from an old a2k thread - An early study on human fatigue showed that human energy dropped to its lowest levels during the day at 10:30 AM, 2:30 PM, and 4:30 PM daily. Therefore, drinking Dr Pepper at 10 AM, 2 PM, and 4 PM would boost energy. Thus the "10-2-4" symbol. http://able2know.org/topic/5663-1

Doing: Well ... I'm participating in the mundane participation for the tragically bored. Even though I said I wouldn't. I like reading everyone's comments too. Eh Beth made me smile when she said she feels like dancing. Good moods are contagious. (:

Looking forward to: Tattoo appointments. Tis my occupation. Shop is closed on Sunday. I bruised my hand but I think I can still pull some lines.
Flowers are my next appointment so, I'm definitely stoked about that. I love doing color.

Feeling: Bitchy until I read everyone's comments. Never had water with orange. I thought only lemon went with water. I'll have to try it. My family owns a few citrus groves but they're not in season yet. The best smell in the world ( I think ) is the smell of orange blossoms ... Mmmm, can't bottle that.

Wanting: A Thor hammer.
panzade

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 01:55 pm
@Daisy Ryder,
Great post Daisy.
Helps validate Lash's thread as a brilliant excercise in narcissism and humility.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 01:58 pm
BTW
The downside to living near orange groves is that after the scent of orange blossoms fades, it is replaced by the rank odor of orange peels being burned by the nearby Tropicana plant.
0 Replies