Perfect Service to Me in a Restaurant

Waldo2

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:59 pm
Nice post, Mame.
0 Replies

Reesie Piecie

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 09:48 pm
@Bella Dea,
Well said Bella Dea! Springs 1 needs to do her/himself a favor and take the money she/he saved on not tipping and learn how to cook! I feel sorry for the person that has to sit with this person.
0 Replies

Reesie Piecie

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 09:59 pm
@Springs1,
Pretty sure "bad" service isn't your problem. Do the service industry a favor and Stay Home!
solipsister

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:23 am
@Reesie Piecie,
How dare Reesie Piecie just spill whatever springs to mind in such a servile under served serve.

What that informed diner with the heaping helping said about fine dining is as relevant today as it ever was.
0 Replies

lysergicmagic

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:21 pm
This is crazy that may seem how restaurants work from the outside but it is very different from the inside. You say that you would wait to pull your server aside, but what about if your steak was way overcooked and you'd like to inform them on their way back to the kitchen so that they can get a new one going 'on the fly'. Would you really wait for your turn then, I think not. Full service restaurants are way more about adapting to individual tables needs and being able to read their vibes and guide them through the meal. That outback server that was triple sat from everything you've said would have impressed a manager if he was really able to serve all 3 of those tables with such efficiency. The way you described it is exactly how that situation should be handled, if he would have done everything as you demand: 1st he would look like a fool running a round the restaurant so much accomplishing one task at a time, 2nd he would make table 3 wait way too long for everything, 3 it would take him forever to turn the tables. You are literally the kind of diner that makes all servers and managers pray you feel like cooking dinner. You really think it's about the customer needs? It's about money.

0 Replies

RobertAncill

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 07:54 am
@Springs1,
Good food with fast reply's, basics but yet effective.
0 Replies

collinstniinteriors

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 06:14 am
@Springs1,
My suggestion will be simple:
Take a good care while hiring staff for your restaurant.
Good Music (If possible)
And of course great food (should include a variety with some of your restaurants speciality).
0 Replies