Official A2K Gathering in Chicago, May 7th, 2006!

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:49 am
Yeah thats cool, Spendy is right, it would be to easy drunk.
If there's one in England I will definately be there!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:49 am
You should change your name to Askingforhelp, it seems! I can get lost in a pub looking for the Ladies. Have been in more kitchens and staff rooms and back yards than you can shake a stick at.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:53 am
Define old? Is there a rule on that. I like people of all ages.
I look forward to getting older just to see if Social Security is still there.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:55 am
Clary wrote:
You should change your name to Askingforhelp, it seems! I can get lost in a pub looking for the Ladies. Have been in more kitchens and staff rooms and back yards than you can shake a stick at.

At least I am not the only one who gets lost.
I like my name (its personal). Can we change our names here? I didn't know that. I will look for that but if I get lost I am going to ask for
directions. Laughing Laughing Count on that.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 02:03 am
Well I am almost twenty.
I don't mean anyone older than twenty is old
But they are old enough to not take me seriously.

Yeah you can change your name, but only once. I've already changed mine once, which is annoying, as I wouldn't mind changing it again.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 02:13 am
I never know myself whether to take myself serious or not.
Once. I am going to think hard about that. Thank you btw
I learned something new again. I like learning. Very Happy Idea
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 11:02 am
sozobe wrote:
Heh, C.I.!

Basically, the Field Museum used to have a whole section devote to dinos -- not just Sue, who is in the main hall. That closed while they did a big fancy renovation, and I was wondering if it had re-opened yet. It seems like it has:

http://www.fieldmuseum.org/evolvingplanet/

As I was reviewing last year's Chicago Gathering thread, I ran across your question. Since I'm planning to visit the Field again on this trip, I'll let you know what changes, if any, I find.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 11:46 am
BTW, C.I.: There is a "spontaneous" A2K gathering in Boston on the 6th & 7th of June. It is probably too late to change your travel plans out of Chicago, but it would be great if you could join us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:05 pm
rjb, Thanks for thinking about me, but it is too late to change my plans. I may consider the next one, tho. T.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:30 pm
I am excited about it because, of the eight or so folks scheduled to be there, I have only met one: Walter.
Of the others, I note that most of us joined A2K around the same time: October & November, 2002.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 06:37 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
BTW, C.I.: There is a "spontaneous" A2K gathering in Boston on the 6th & 7th of June. It is probably too late to change your travel plans out of Chicago, but it would be great if you could join us.

Do you know when/where exactly?
Thanks,
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 06:46 pm
Rosborne - the Boston details are here.

The New York get-together follows.

Walter's quite the Pied Piper Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:33 pm
Make sure you make him play his "pipes."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 05:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
I've been rereading this thread - so many posts I'd like to thumb up. (I know, I know, I was a brat later, but I'm not there yet on the thread). I try not to thumb re the posts before the a2k transition, but this one, intriguing, re Brown, and johnboy.

My aim in this is to find a photo of CI and I together in a group to establish that he is not particularly short in my view, relative to another thread. (I don't know the result as I reread, but my dad was 'short' so I get defensive.)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 07:33 pm
@ossobuco,
thanks for dragging this up ossob. I smile whenever I think of my call to the gathering at sublime's - everyone I spoke to mentioned being concerned about c.i.'s whereabouts. By the end of the call, I was concerned Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 07:35 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm still not finished reading (I'm putting off reading my hissy fit until tomorrow), but it's a great thread.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 07:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Now that you mention it, I do remember showing up late, but as the saying goes, better late than never. Mr. Green
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 05:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
book mark
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 05:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Uh oh, we'll probably get to the Osso and Walter spit fight.. me doing the spitting.
We got over it, Very Happy
0 Replies