Who killed Marilyn Monroe?

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:04 am
I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.) I'm not an expert (although I admit to being a Forensic Files junkie), there were a few points that the article brought up that really make me wonder how it could have been classified as an "apparent suicide" and not further investigated as a murder. Though this might be fun to discuss...as I'm sure everyone has an opinion on theory. Feel free to add your thoughts:

1) Her house was completely bugged, under 24/7 surveillance from all sorts of people (FBI, CIA, Hoffa, etc.) So how could no one have heard, or even better, had a tape of what happened that night?

2) The autopsy report was compromised, with a majority of the substances reported "missing"...including that from her stomach (her death, they say, was caused from taking 30-40 pills...but how could that be confirmed without proper testing?)

3) She was planning to re-marry Joe DiMaggio (according to his niece), so the idea of killing herself (and not really leaving a note, or calling him) doesn't seem to really make sense to me.

Mike

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:32 am
I haven't spent much time learning about this so I will just tell you what I do know.

1) Her house was completely bugged, under 24/7 surveillance from all sorts of people (FBI, CIA, Hoffa, etc.) So how could no one have heard, or even better, had a tape of what happened that night?
-- If she was in fact murdered, why would the FBI, CIA or mafia give it up? If she was murdered, it was one of them who did it. There is speculation that it was a mafia hit due to the association she had with Kennedy and his crack down on mafia activity. But to me, the MO doesn't fit the mafia. Their hits are distinct and they would have wanted Kennedy to know that this was a warning. I doubt it was the mafia.

It could have been the FBI or CIA since they were interested in Marilyn because of her association with certain mafia men. I would imagine they bugged her to get information on them. And perhaps killed her as a warning to them or because she knew something she shouldn't have known. I doubt this too.

She asked a neighbor for pills. She took pills on her own free will. But there are still unanswered questions and scenarios to consider...

2) The autopsy report was compromised, with a majority of the substances reported "missing"...including that from her stomach (her death, they say, was caused from taking 30-40 pills...but how could that be confirmed without proper testing?)
-- They did do a blood test and it was confirmed that she overdosed. The problem was that they couldn't tell how she had od'd. There are several ways she could have; orally, injected or absorbed through the colon. They found high levels of it in her liver which meant it had been slowly absorbed over a period of time. Based on knowledge of the drug and using what information they were still left with they came up with the following: There were no traces to suspect she had swallowed the pills. There were no injection marks. The only way that level could have gotten into her liver is through rectal suppository. She also had traces of chloral hydrate (sedative) in her system. I read the report of one of the guys who were there at the autopsy or the guy who did it I can't remember and he concluded that she was drugged unconscious and someone inserted 30-40 pill contents worth of the sleeping pill into her through an enema, thus killing her as she never regained consciousness and od'd.

3) She was planning to re-marry Joe DiMaggio (according to his niece), so the idea of killing herself (and not really leaving a note, or calling him) doesn't seem to really make sense to me.
--She did have a lot going for her. She reportedly said lots of things that would make one believe she had no reason for suicide. However, suicides aren't always black and white. We don't always see what the suicide is feeling. This to me is not compelling evidence that she didn't not kill herself.

The medical reports do provide me with enough evidence that she didn't kill herself. Science doesn't lie. Who did it and why is probably in the same file as who killed JFK and why....do you think we will ever know?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:35 am
This is in the Politics forum?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:38 am
dyslexia wrote:
This is in the Politics forum?

Shouldn't be......where should it be? Debate I suppose....
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:48 am
Re: Who killed Marilyn Monroe?
mooser745 wrote:
I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.)

Uh, yeah, I read Playboy for the articles too.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:50 am
Re: Who killed Marilyn Monroe?
joefromchicago wrote:
mooser745 wrote:
I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.)

Uh, yeah, I read Playboy for the articles too.

Laughing It was sort of funny that he had to continue with "...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies...."

Laughing
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 04:51 pm
How about the Film or Arts & Entertainment forums....?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:21 pm
mooser745- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

There have been so many speculations about the death of Marilyn, that I doubt that we will ever know. One which has always intrigued me was the rumor that she had had affairs with both John and Bobby Kennedy. Because she was so unstable, and had been privy to a lot of "pillow talk" by both the Messrs. Kennedy, she had to be silenced.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:24 pm
Rolling Eyes is it really that important as to which 'Topic' this has to be under???
this is close enough..

It could of been anyone that murdered her, I dont think she committed suicide...who knows, its one of those mysteries such like the first man on the moon...thats a debateable discussion as well!
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:41 pm
I used to think this poor lady committed suicide but now, I don't think so. She was embroiled in love affairs with mafia men, including the Irish mafia Kennedy brothers? What a mess. Why did this lady do this to herself? Such a humiliating way to die, suppositories? Wonder who had the priviledge?
0 Replies

bluekyvelvet

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:02 am
Death of Marilyn Monroe
Mike :

I to feel there is a lot that didn't come out or was covered up by someone.
We will probably never know the truth.
bluekyvelvet
amscia

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 06:00 am
@bluekyvelvet,
She neither committed suicide nor overdozed on drugs. In fact she had successfuly avoided drugs during the week prior to her death. She was murdered by the fascist group who subsequently killed jfk, rfk, dorothy kilgallen, john kennedy and dozens of witnesses of jfk murder. Refer the wikipadia for the circumstances under which both Marilyn and Dorothy died and see the similarity. Marilyn died because she came to know the details of jfk murder plan. However she committed an error in revealing these details to someone who was not only close to her but also to the fascist group. Marilyn's connection to Kennedys, maintenance of red diaries, holding of conference to blow the whistles, her participation in sex parties and so many other negative reports are all lies and storeys fabricated by the greedy authors and fascist group to divert public attention from the real truth. Only fools will believe that Kennedys told all state secrets to Marilyn in pillow talk. Marilyn was not drug addict and she was not sleeping around with each and every one whom she met. Please be sure that Marilyn was a good person and cared for the poor and downtrodden people. She had written her fate in 1955 when she said she is for Kennedys and not for Nixon. 1st attempt to kill Marilyn was made in 1961 when admitted in hospital for mental ailment. This world was a very cruel place for Marilyn so that so much of character assassination after her death also.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 06:54 am
@amscia,
And you personally knew Marilyn Monroe? What and where are your primary sources on the subject? Wikipedia is at best an encyclopedia that culls the simplest of secondary works.

Please note that reading a single biography or worse a single novel or even worse watching a made for TV movie on Monroe's life does not make you an expert on the subject.
0 Replies