canary islands (spanish i know but off africa)

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:07 am
Hi i am new to this site and hope someone can help me with my problem. There is a Drink known as honey rum or ron miel in spanish, Doramus is a make of this spectacular drink. however i have found it extremely difficult to locate. I know the drink is sold in abundance on the canary islands and spain but nowhere in England or on the internet have i found it for sale. i was wondering if anyone could tell me where i might find this drink as it seems so rare, The Drink is as the name says a rum, but has the sweetest taste of rum creating a sensual drink. It is around 35% proof and is a drink to warm your chest. Please can someone help me, iv been looking for months and still nothing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 8,597 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:18 am
The only rum I remeber having in the canary island was called "honey rum"
0 Replies

wildwill

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 11:24 am
yes
yes i know, im asking where i can buy some?
0 Replies

Ouani

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 01:07 pm
ron miel
I'm looking for some too. What a wonderful drink. I brought a bottle home with me in July from Lanzarotte. The name on it is ARTEMI RON MIEL CANARIO. I would love to get my hands on a bottle. Any information would be appreciated. This bottle cost 6euro for 1ltr! I think its made in Las Palmas in Grand Canaria.
0 Replies

Ouani

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 01:07 pm
ron miel
I'm looking for some too. What a wonderful drink. I brought a bottle home with me in July from Lanzarotte. The name on it is ARTEMI RON MIEL CANARIO. I would love to get my hands on a bottle. Any information would be appreciated. This bottle cost 6euro for 1ltr! I think its made in Las Palmas in Grand Canaria.
0 Replies

boejo

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 06:24 pm
honey rum
i am in the states and visited tenerife last october. i am having the same problem. my findings are that this rum is not imported. (in maryland that is) i had a liquor store go thru his order book and there is no listing. to date, i am still trying to find where i am able to purchase this. keep me in mind if you find a place of purchase.

thank you
0 Replies

alerman2

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:36 pm
Where to Find Ron Miel
I was given a taste of ron miel at a dinner party last weekend and was very impressed. Very smooth. So, here's where you can purchase a bottle - http://www.cultdrinks.co.uk/rum_more.asp?id=438&cid=22

Enjoy
0 Replies

james18212

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:55 am
Me and my friend have a 1 liter bottle now which he purchased in lanzarote, it cost him around 5 euro in a plastic bottle... lovely stuff Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
0 Replies