MST3K,..Any other fans out there?

JerryR

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:48 am
Okay,..better now!!

Back to work for me,...it's flower arrangin' time Evil or Very Mad !!

(I just can't make that sound any tougher,..can I!! Laughing )
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 04:38 am
I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!

I too preferred the sleepy likeability of Joel, over the "hey everybody!
Look how smart I am" of Mike.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:28 am
Hi maxsdadeo!

I prefer Joel, but I like Mike too!

I just got my second shipment of dvds of the episodes (1 more, and I have the whole series,..yay Laughing). Last night I stayed up and watched "Gorgo", which is an English "Godzilla-like" film, I almost peed my pants as the dinosaur was trashing London, and the bots were singing " I crush you, you get crushed" to the tune of the "Barney" song Laughing
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 06:52 pm
hehehehe...to the barney song....ahahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!
0 Replies

ColdDicker

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 08:48 am
I am Fan. I Blow.

Ha.

There's something very wrong in the equation.
I love MST3K. Still, I've only seen the movie, not one damn episode.

Why?

Because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to get a DVD, VHS, Beta, scrap-book, photograph or a friggin' drawing of MST3K to Santa's home, Finland.

I'm desperate.

I would appreciate if someone would put me out of my misery and tell me how to get my hands on any of the above.

Ps. I'm still a little short of the brilliant scheme of purchasing a plane ticket, taking a cab to the nearby-mall and getting it that way, so....
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:31 am
Hi ColdDicker!

Welcome to able2know!!

Here's a link to The Digital Archive Project, it's a place where fans of different shows meet and trade (or sell) episodes. There's a HUGE MST3K section. Some people just trade episodes, others will trade for blank CD-R's or DVD-R's, some will sell. I'm 99% sure that since they are homemade dvd's, they will work in any dvd player, in any zone.

Digital Archive Project

Hope this helps!! Very Happy

Hikeeba!
Jerry
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 10:54 am
I LOVE MST3K! The funniest one I ever saw was a clunker called "Space Mutiny." In one scene a starship officer is killed by the bad guys. In the next scene, on the bridge of said starship, we see the dead officer in the background, up and about and none the worse for having been killed only moments before. And the scene of the disco dancing heroine, blowing off steam in the starship's bar (hey, every starship needs a bar) is simply priceless. We have it on tape and pull it out whenever we need a good belly laugh.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 11:51 am
blacksmithn- I love that one too!!

It's funny, I was watching one of my favorites this morning, It's called "Jack Frost",..a Finnish/Russian collaboratrion,..the comments are hysterical!!
Even more funny,... that was when I read ColdDicker's post, from Finland! Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 01:12 pm
Ah, Jack Frost, wherein the heroine looks like she's about 12 but gets married to a guy who looks like he's about 30 or so.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 01:39 pm
Yep,..that's the one.

A thirty year old man, with a super-blonde bowl cut, who ends up having his head changed into a bear's head by some scary little mushroom guy!

Quite a film! Laughing
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 11:53 am
Jespah,..saw the "Gamera" with the Mr. Eddie's father line last night!

It's "Gamera vs. Barugan",....very, very funny!! Laughing

I'll have to make you a copy! Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 05:17 am
<shniff> You're so sweet.

We taped a bunch of them back in the mid-'90s, but helfino where the tapes are. We may have that one, or not. I dunno - there are all sorts of things in our house which I can't find anymore (I don't think that's senility so much as it is me not paying attention to where Mr. Jespah is putting the millions and millions of videotapes that keep accumulating).

Anyway - when the time comes, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!
0 Replies