Reyn

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 06:30 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Yeh, I fall well, always have, so far. Ask me about skiing...

Okay, I'll bite. How are you with skiing? Laughing

And take it easy there. The body's got to last for a while yet..... :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:22 pm
Osso--

You might fall, but you do it with a sense of inevitability and then you rise up with the incident in proportion and exceedingly well phrased.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:40 pm
ossoB, you <sigh> are just too much.

Glad that you don't seem to have suffered a serious injury - as you well could have. Please take care of yourself.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:46 pm
I've always despised plastic bags. Now I hate them more.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:47 pm
Dasha hates them too. I wonder if there is a bag haters club anywhere.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:58 pm
Bag Haters R Us..

Y'can't see the vast streaking cardboard scar today, yipee!
Had a great lunch, not only good food at Tomo's but wonderful conversation. Stayed long after we finished the food (me, soup, veggie tempura, vegie rolls, she, ling cod.... and accompanyments) riffing off each other on spatial awareness, re restaurant seating, museums, architecture, and art and new mexico and the ocean and claustrophobia and much else.

Got home. Hmm, my turquoise vest has spots...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 08:00 pm
Oh, on skiing. First time I skiied, it was at Badger Pass in Yosemite. I fell 37 times in one day, counted 'em....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 08:00 pm
heeheehee....... that's a family trait amongst my kin. Spottyks, every last one.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 09:20 pm
It is a bit of a shame that the lip swelling went down.

That is a rather trendy look, and people pay serious money for puffed up lips. I still don't think I'd recommend your technique.

Be careful!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 09:47 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Oh, on skiing. First time I skiied, it was at Badger Pass in Yosemite. I fell 37 times in one day, counted 'em....

I bet you're just being modest. It probably was a contest of some kind. Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 10:49 pm
As far as I'm concerned plastic bags have only one fault, as reported by Osso.
I do suspect that we all have nascent cancers all the time, and that's why we have to keep our immune systems in top shape: low consumption of animal fats, high consumption of antioxidants, low stress, and loving appreciation for what we have each moment.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 11:38 pm
Speaking of plastic bags (and sorry to hear about your fall, Osso) I recall the time, quite a few years back, when I spread the hillside at Badger Pass, Yosemite, with plastic bags. I hid behind some trees and waited for some unsuspecting victim.

Along comes this woman who seemed to be on a mission to hit every one of those friggin' bags! She hit 37 out of the 40 I had placed on the hill.

37 times she wiped out! It was really funny.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 08:53 am
Ah, here it is. Your artist friend (who sounds passing cool) probably wouldn't have minded anyway, don't you think? Glad that it's not too painful (it's not too painful?) and that worse didn't happen, though.

dlowan, yes, that's happened to me too. Not the bookcase, but the black eye that garnered knowing looks from those who usually get black eyes for just one reason -- you walked into a door, uh-huh, riiiiight...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 08:54 am
Not a contest, Reyn, and I didn't notice Gus's plastic baggies, they were small, after all... maybe they had blown away by the time I got there.

See, I went with some girlfriends who already knew how to ski and left me there, alone, all all alone, at the ski rental shop. Got some. Went outside and latched them to my feet, my feet in those completely horrible hideous wretched boots borrowed from a friend at the lab (this was in mid sixties, no cushioning, etc. in boots). Moved very slowly over to where the classes were. Missed the last class for the morning. So.. I went over to a very low slope. Say, 8% or 1:12. Maybe a little steeper. Well, it seemed easy enough.
So I got in line for the t-bar...

I beg pardon, Dlowan, for not responding about your attack by bookshelf, how brutal...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 08:57 am
Oh, good, sozobe responded about the bookshelf curse..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 05:03 am
Oh, geez. Here I am getting concerned over 2005. Oh, well. A good reminder of the evil ways of the bags plastic.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 05:39 am
Paul Simon has a comment to summarize this thread.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 09:55 am
@neko nomad,
Laughing..

So, seven years later, that wasn't rosacea after all - must have been eye surgery related.

On falling, I haven't fallen on any plastic lately, thank goodness. Presently keeping eye out for a certain dog that blocks doorways, she could be a tripper.
0 Replies