Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:23 pm
So...
I already have a sort of reddish face, whether from being older and irish or having imbibed one drink too many or having eaten any of these things ( http://www.rosacea.org/patients/materials/triggers.html ) or...
more interesting to me, from my $110. a bottle eye drops which I cannot dispense with as they work the best... but I see various red marks down from the eye. Eye surgeon says, rosaceae. Web site doesn't mention red cheeks.

anyway, I have a newly roseate face in the puffy parts aligning with m'nose.

Ok, I am cleaning out the computer room, home of much saved foofuraw. Am finally getting into it, hurling whole bits of 1997, and so on. First to the waste basket and then to the black plastic bag...

yep, I went to the kitchen to check on the halibut with basque dressing... and came back and did a whirlybird on black plastic.

Well, now I have a nice streak across my chin and lips from ... cardboard.
I know, I know, how can I explain this.
Tomorrow I go to meet an artist I much admire for a walk to lunch at a japanese restaurant in Arcata. I designed part of her acreage not more than three months ago, but never mind that, I am agog about her sculpture... I'd tell you what she is doing now, but not sure if that'd be ok with her. Wonderful anyway.

She and her hub are apt to visit me in New Mexico...

all good.

Well, here I'll be red circle face. I can feel my upper lip start to swell.

Oh, well, she works in bronze at a forge, I suppose she'll pass it off.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 4,646 • Replies: 37
No top replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:28 pm
Sorry to hear osso.

All part of life's rich pageant I suppose.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:36 pm
Yes, rich pageant. I am not usually bored, whatever trouble I get myself into...
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:39 pm
They do put warning labels on plastic bags nowadays, how did the human race ever survive with out them ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:51 pm
About twenty minutes later, I'm fine. Thank goodness, hard to explain attack by cardboard in wastebasket.
0 Replies

C1eopatra

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:30 pm
It's a good self-deprecating conversation starter, of nothing else...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:34 pm
I thought so...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:38 pm
You should try explaining the terrible bruising from where a seven foot, baltic pine, HUGE, very heavy, bookcase that one ought NEVER to have been even attempting to move on one's own, fell on one!

I had a SYSTEM, I tell you!

And it worked for three of them - ah well.

I looked as though I had gone a round with Mike Tyson - only I had both my ears.

AND - I work all the time with women who have experienced domestic violence - a simple bruise from the door handle I always run into, for some reason, is enough to make them look knowingly at me!

Is your bruise corrgated?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:51 pm
Yes, actually. Lower left chin, slightly right chin, puffy upper right lip, with, if you look closely, unswollen inbetween parts.
and of course the right distal side knee. Or is that proximal? (I haven't studied anatomy in a turtle's age).
Surely this face stuff will disappear by the morrow.

Shirley?
0 Replies

C1eopatra

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:58 pm
Ice ice ice.

Good luck!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:04 pm
The lip is already down. Thank Iris, or whoever she is.
Laughing now, since I didn't hit my chin on the printer or some such device. (Have moved plastic bag to corner....)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:18 pm
Osso, I'm glad you're (mostly) ok!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:21 pm
Yeh, I fall well, always have, so far. Ask me about skiing...

Although now of course I am older and should well worry. But, listen, I have more practice than others...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:24 pm
Just eat your dairy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:26 pm
I eat and drink too much dairy. Good bones last checked.
I'll probably get dairy cancer. Am looking to cut back.
But I am long time naturally clumsy with lifetime weird eyeballs, so have fallen in the best places, The Greek Theater for example, and a nightclub in Tijuana, walking down the hall at christmas at ucla med center Before Trying The Glug, and so on... have almost no more shame about it, flip!!!
But, geez, a plastic bag.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:27 pm
hehehehe....

What the f is dairy cancer?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:46 pm
Well...
dairy is not all good from various stuff I've read. Casein may be a key component in this and that, or, again, not - depends on what you read what day. I am getting warier about it.

soymilk, I do drink that, but not as enthusiastically. People who have ever had breast cancer with cells with estrogen receptors should watch out for having too much soy... as in really loading the powders, but it isn't, I gather, contraindicated for regular amounts of soy, as it blocks the receptor. What do I know. I eat some soy.

Almond milk... hmmm, and rice milk, hmmm.
My heart's desire is nonfat choc milk and a bit of bourbon, sad to say.

(I had breast ca some time ago, a small one, neg re estrogen receptor since the sample was too small. Who knows? I may well be one of those that was caught because of insistant mammogram screening, whose ca wouldn't have shown up for years.
Or, saved by the extreme circumstances, it was 9/11 and the fourteenth plug they found it - and was later said to be aggressive if small.)

I'm fine so far, have long been back to equilibrium.

We all are fine so far.
I think there are many women walking around with teeny breast cancers and others with others.
We should live life and be healthy and get checked routinely
and then forget about it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:56 pm
I'm glad it was found and removed early! Don't we all have little cancer cells floating around all the time in us?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:59 pm
I think so.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 12:01 am
It's when they organize that we see problems..... I think that's what I've read.
0 Replies