Breakfast ideas?!

flushd

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:05 am
Ok, so I need some ideas for breakfast.

They have to have some protein, and some carb, and no processed sugar.
Not too much fat either.
I'm on a specific diet plan.

God, I miss bacon eggs hash toast and sausage ! I wish I could eat it every day!

I've gotten in a rut of a few things:

peanut butter n' fruit on toast
cereal n' milk w fruit
fish or meat w/ a fruit and some oatmeal

So, I need help!!!

thanx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,442 • Replies: 12
No top replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:19 am
cream of rice and cream of wheat. Begels, try going to a nice bakery and picking up some who grain honey wheat bread and some all fruit no sugar added jams. can you have real maple syrup? its great for sweetening cream of rice or wheat... you could always get sugar free sub syrup... try making 'corn fritters' for break fast. find a low fat recipe for pancakes and throw in a handful of cooked corn, sounds weird but the texture and flavor is great. Also, try some freashly made corn mush cut into patties and browned in some olive oil topped with some sort of syrup.

you could get some vegitarian breakfast 'meats', they taste like card board the first few times you try them, but once you find a brand you like, you actually gain a taste for them.
you should really do the cream of rice thing, its filling but doesnt screw with your stomach like oat meal or cream of wheat can in the morning.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:21 am
I too need to find a low carb, low fat breakfast list. So I am right here listening with you flushd.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:57 am
Cream cheese and sliced pears on a whole-grain bagel (or whole-grain toast).
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 10:06 am
Ok, some great ideas so far!
I'll just get the low-fat cream cheese. Mmmm.

Bella, I was reading on one of the other threads "feeling crappy" about your situation. I hope you're starting to feel a little better - I got lots of love n' empathy for you. Many months ago now I discovered that I am dealing with the same thing as you. I've found that sugar has been a huge culprit in my mood - but everyone is so different. Anyways, give the specific diet thing a really good go - it has done wonders for me:)

I found a hot cereal at the store called Red River cereal. It's like cream of ..it's a mix of flax, wheat, and rice. I'll try it tomorrow. The cream ofs always reminds me of camp:)

Keep the ideas coming folks!

Razz
0 Replies

Pamela A

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:22 pm
Breakfast Ideas
Well, here are a few.....

A fruit smoothie made with tofu, low fat yogurt, fresh fruit and skim milk with a packet of sweet and low. Try one with strawberries and a banana or with fresh peaches

Low fat cottage cheese with blueberries and toasted almond slices

a baked potato topped with ricotta cheese and bacon bits

just plain yogurt with fresh fruit and a handful of Grapenuts

an Eggbeater omelette filled with low fat cottage cheese, sun dried tomatoes and some chopped fresh parsley or cilantro or chives (or all three)

a half of a whole wheat baegel with cream cheese and smoked salmon

make your own granola base (toast some oatmeal, sliced almonds and dried fruit together) then eat a bowl full with skim milk, add more fresh fruit if you like

Hope these will help!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:30 pm
Does the diet need to be low in cholesterol too? What's wrong with eggs?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:17 pm
I just saw a commercial for a South Beach friendly cereal on the tube, I think it was made by Kraft - not a well known cereal company.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:27 pm
How about this?

Eggs poached in marinara/salsa/bolognese served as is over over toasted corn tortillas or whole grain crostini?

Inspired by a long ago visit to Brennans in New Orleans.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:52 pm
mmmm, or eggs poached or scrambled with baked potatoe wrapped in a corn tortilla with low or non fat cheddar melted on top. A little chopped green chile and mexican redsauce if that is too dry as is.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:57 pm
It better be "mmmm". Criminy, that was like 1986 and I think my poached egg breakfast cost me like $35!!! Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:58 pm
Small casserole dish.

Put a thin slice of crusty bread in the bottom.

Cover with a slice of white, salty cheese (mozzerella works, or Irish cheese, or Mexican cheese).

Fill dish with black beans and salsa.

Stick in oven until goopy.

Top with poached egg.

Roughly, an Orfeo negru (or Orfeu negro, can never remember which).

Eat with strong black coffee.

Good stuff.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 01:16 pm
Dont know where you are from flushd, but here in the north of England we have the best of brekkies.

decent sized peice of steamed fish (any it doesn't matter which) cod, haddock, finny haddock kippers, arbroath smokies, whatever, and two or three slices of bread and butter.

It's the only breakfast recommended by the son of god Very Happy
0 Replies