Fast Food Workers: If You Hate Your Job, QUIT!

jesskidding

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 01:07 pm
@Bella Dea,
Hmm....maybe stop eating at fast food places? It really is that simple.
0 Replies

Panthro87

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 01:03 pm
How you compare a restaurant to a fast food restaurant is beyond me. That in of itself is ignorant. Also why do we sigh and get annoyed? Because the clientele can be just as stupid as the employees. I hate both sides of coin and sometimes your situation doesn't let you just quit and find a new job, especially if you're in a manager position and you're getting what benefits you can. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating the facts. I dislike some of the employees more than the customers, but between that and customers who come in solely to scam us because of terrible corporate policies in place (still holding onto the outdated customer is always right, but that's another discussion) and also people who just generally don't want to have patience with me because for whatever reason they view me as less of a person because I the uniform I wear, it's hard to be happy at work at l times. Again, it's completely unfair to compare fast food to a real restaurant because at a real restaurant you usually hire brighter, smarter employees who carry their weight where in fast food they hire people on probation and high school kids who don't care. And don't fool yourself; the adults could care just as much as the teens. Also the part about having so many employees in every station so no mistakes should be made? Mistakes should not be made, you're absolutely right, but we don't live in a perfect world either. Why don't you **** in one hand and wish in another and see which one fills up faster, sir? First off depending on the chain and the restaurant they may only be allowed so many employees due to labor restraints amongst other things so not all stores always have a full number of employees. Also it can be full of employees at peak hours and then at two or three in the afternoon they may cut them all for the day except for the bare minimum needed to run the store. What kind of affect do you think that has on service times and on the percentage chance of making a mistake? I've had a full store of customers before with only three people on shift including myself and with all the choices that fast food has to offer nowadays it can be difficult to keep up and mistakes are bound to be made. Now does that sound like a corporate problem or a employee problem? The major problem with fast food is corporate will cut corners anyway they can ( save for McDonald's and some of the larger chains that can afford to spend more) and it affects food, quality of employees and speed of service and yet somehow we are still expected to put up and shut up and meet deadlines and goals. Now I know this will illicit from some of not all a "you chose to work there", but I assure you I am not seeking your sympathy nor would I want it if given because I make my own decisions. It was simply to help enlighten the people who haven't worked in different stores or worked fast food period to give them an understanding of what it is we go through. Does that make sighing and being disrespectful to the customer okay? No it is not. However I will not tolerate any kind of disrespect from anyone in my store and if a customer wants help or needs service but disrespects myself or my employees, I will refuse service and ask them to leave because that is not the sort of business I will encourage. Just because you're a potential customer doesn't mean you're entitled to treat someone like dirt. Your five dollar meal does not allow you to act like a piece of trash. People who act this way and people who allow this behavior should be ashamed. Money is not everything and I will defend my employees honors before I let a customer treat them like crap because they forgot some ketchup. For Godsakes, bring yourself down to earth because last time I checked everyone's **** stinks.
0 Replies

georgias

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 04:11 am
@Bella Dea,
Have yo ever worked in fast food? Get a job at one for a month and see what happens. the managers are stressed, they put you down, you get paid crap, no customer asks you how you are, no one says thank you, and everyone looks down on you. You get one half an hour break for an entire shift, and sometimes you miss out on breaks because it's too busy for you to leave the store. A lot of us are full time students and are working every damn weekend, or most nights for dinner rush. We are broke, underpaid, and mistreated. Instead of bitching ask the next miserable fast food worker how they are and say thank you, and use your manners. We love people who are always polite, it makes us feel human, as opposed to food-making robots.
Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:00 am
@georgias,
Hmm sounds like many jobs....so you better get used to it.
0 Replies

VanMan

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 01:19 pm
@Bella Dea,
Welllll...I went to a McDonald's recently. Got a simple $1 large cup of coffee and the receipt said to review the restaurant and I could get a 2 for one deal. So, while doing my laundry and sipping my coffee, I did that.

Went back and ordered a Sausage egg muffin. I showed the receipt. cashier rang it up. 4 min later, got 1 and then said "I ordered 2" well, the manager looks at the order yells in the back "Pay attention people, mistake made! Check your order screen" Wow, she was firm, but didn't curse them.

"I am so sorry for this sir, please accept my apologies" she said. How could I not forgive them? She did what I would wish every manager would do. Didn't curse, encouraged the workers to pay attention but didn't berate them.
roger

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 03:00 pm
@VanMan,
I once ordered the Big Mac Meal, which comes with fries and small drink. Guess what? Coffee is not a drink. The owner finally allowed it, but had to add something like "never again".
Linkat

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 03:10 pm
@roger,
These places can vary so much - go to our local Wendy's - the kids love their burgers but tend not to eat much of the fries, they prefer (and so do we) a salad instead. The one near us will replace the fries with a salad. Went to another one - and they refused. I could have asked the manager as the person just did not want to seem to be bothered, but since we were in a hurry I didn't pursue. I'd even be willing to pay more and have offered.
0 Replies

reggie27

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 12:53 pm
@Bella Dea,
Go to Jack in the box at 2 am or an arbys or subway even. I've been the only person on the clock at subway and one of two people on the clock at the other two. I've pulled 55 hours between two jobs in one week and worked 26 days straight and busted my ass for a promotion. saying they don't work hard and everyone of them is the same is an un-educated opinion. Go drive your bmw to an olive garden if you want more out of life. If you don't like the food then YOU quit eating it Smile
0 Replies

mraupers28

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 10:40 am
Try working fast food and then you have a right to complain. You will be worked 10 to 12 hrs a day without a break. Must stand the entire time and run around like a chicken with your head cut off in order to get you your 50.00 order you placed in drive thru under 3 min. To top it off you will have rude customers throwing drinks in your face belittling you at all costs because the untrained 16 year old cashier accidentally gave them the wrong size cup. You will get no vacation or sick days. No healthcare or benefits. How someone ends up in fast food doesnt matter. Most of us are just trying to take care of our families and try to put our children thru college so they dont end up in this hell. So please just dont eat there! You are right no one wants to work there and most of us are trying like hell to get out.
0 Replies