Blood in My Spit, can it be cancer?

NoNe

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:54 pm
Hello everybody.
Two days ago, I noticed a pain in the upper part of my back, it was on the left side first, today my whole back(the upper part, arm area) aches. It is not a severe, just a pain which U feel when u sleep in uncomfortable position and next morning when ur neck hurts. Well, I was not very scared of that pain, I just finished my cigarette, and I wanted to spit..and there was blood. I am very scared now, can it Be cancer or tuberculosis????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 35,415 • Replies: 14
No top replies

MinDSaY

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 12:37 am
Re: Blood in My Spit, can it be cancer?
NoNe wrote:
Hello everybody.
Two days ago, I noticed a pain in the upper part of my back, it was on the left side first, today my whole back(the upper part, arm area) aches. It is not a severe, just a pain which U feel when u sleep in uncomfortable position and next morning when ur neck hurts. Well, I was not very scared of that pain, I just finished my cigarette, and I wanted to spit..and there was blood. I am very scared now, can it Be cancer or tuberculosis????
Are you sure the blood wasn't coming from your teeth?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:36 am
Given the combination of pain and blood, I would see a doctor--promptly.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 08:05 am
I hve no idea of what it is. One thing that I do know, is that it should not be ignored. You really need to get medical advice, and quickly. There are many conditions that can be cleared up promptly if caught in time.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 08:09 am
See a doctor right away but don't buy trouble, it will just make you feel worse. Fear and anxiety uses up a lot of energy that is better utilized by your immune system.

Most likely it is dental in nature. Good luck and look for the best even though prudently preparing for a problem.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 08:37 am
I would suggest you forget about self diagnosis and see a DR.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 09:39 am
I want to over emphasize this statement...

au1929 wrote:
I would suggest you forget about self diagnosis and see a DR.

And let me tell you why.

i know first hand how quickly people pass off what they consider 'little strange' happenings in thier body. Blood is only red when it is fresh. Fresh blood means broken flesh. Broken flesh is an opening for disease.
Not only that, when it comes from inside the body , it can mean any of your 15 organs can be ruptured.

RED FLAG anyone?!

Blood in your spit can mean any number of things. Some things less important then others ( bleeding gums, a bite in the cheek etc..)
but obviously that isnt a concern or y ou wouldnt be posting the question
-Is it cancer-.
If you were bleeding from your gums you would know it.
The fact that you dont know where it is coming from and it is showing up in your spit leaves your lungs, your throat, your tonsils, your stomach, and possibly your ear canals in question. All of wich can be life threatnening.
Chest pain is usually associated with heart and lung problems. Both of wich you can not survive with out .
Smoking of course raises your likelyhood of there being a problem with your lungs and throat. ( but, you know that )
Those problems can only be diagnosed with xrays , MRI, or ct scans.
None of that can be done online. Laughing

So.. turn off the computer.. and scoot your ass to the Doc. ;-) Laughing
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 10:42 am
I am more than sure that it is not coming from my teeth, nose tongue and from my mouth in general. It is coming from deeper part. Dunno lungs or throat, but the thing is, It happened second time, I had my morning sigarette and I felt that there is something in my thrat, tried to spit..blood
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 10:48 am
NoNe- Will you please stop talking about it and get to the doctor..............If I were you, I would not fool around with this!
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 01:46 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
NoNe- Will you please stop talking about it and get to the doctor..............If I were you, I would not fool around with this!

I know I should see the docctor, Should I leave my workplace and run? I tried to make an appointment, they said to call on monday. Why r u so negative? Mad
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:26 pm
NoNe---- WHY ARE YOU SMOKING?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:27 pm
None--

To my mind Phoenix was being extremely positive and forceful.

You seem to want to shilly-shally--which is certainly your right--after all, we're talking about your life--but Phoenix and I are both cancer survivors and when we hear "spitting blood" and "cigarettes" in the same sentence we tend to feel positive and forceful.

Shilly-shally if you must. I sincerely hope delay is not dangerous for you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:44 pm
Here is a link with a list of possible causes of coughing up blood -

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003073.htm

If it were me I'd speak to my physician personally, even if it is Saturday, or go by the emergency room.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:45 pm
Don't want to scare you, NoNe, but the pain you describe sounds a lot like a severe lung problem associated with smoking and blood in spit and a feeling of thickness in your throat.

We'd all feel MUCH better if you'd get to a doctor. Maybe emergency room.

Hope it's a warning.

Please don't smoke again and get to the Dr.

I had to get a Rx for Wellbutrin to help me quit. I had wanted to quit for t e n years before that, but couldn't do it by myself for longer than a couple of months.

1) Go.
2) Quit.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:40 am
Quote:
Why r u so negative?

NoNe- I am not being negative..........just cautious. I have known a number of people in my life, who have had serious problems simply because they did not jump right on the situation, when it first presented itself.

No there may not be anything seriously wrong..................and then you can call me a worry wort. If there is though, you will be very glad that you did not wait.
0 Replies