Bumps on fingers

headeros

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:05 pm
@Ashley17,
i have the same exact thing. Its bazaar. I'm in a constant state of bafflement about them. I thought it was an allergic reaction to alcohol but I'm realizing it's probably a reaction to the sun...I live in NYC...there is so much potential gross things around its just ironic that this weird thing is from sun exposure. It's gross though...I'm becoming insecure about it...shaking peoples hands and what not. Anyone know if it is contagious?
0 Replies

Help ME PLZ

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 04:47 pm
@material girl,
Me too but my bumps are really small and I have a ton of them! Mine are really really itchy and painful and my fingers swell. I have only had this for the past two summers though it's really annoying. Does anyone know how to get rid of them!? I have them for the whole summer and I like to go swimming but when I get in the water it burns!
0 Replies

Alex M

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 03:12 pm
@aprilallard,
Yea I have them to but I think I get mine from playing video games because my hands constantly sweat while I play and It's some what humid in my room at times.
0 Replies

Ska

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 03:53 am
@material girl,
Yep, I get them on the side of my middle finger on my right hand. I know it's not from writing as I'm left handed. I normally get them when I'm hot and my blood pressure is up. Most recently was after a 3hr skanking session to SKA.
0 Replies

olivia1234

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 01:02 am
@material girl,
i get them as well get them in summer because all the weat on your hand makes them.
first step washig hands every 30mins with COLD water helps
next before you go to bed soak your hands in cold water for 10 mins
then put e45 cream all over your hands
then put some gloves on like the ones you put fae tan on with
finally when you wake up your hand will feel nicer and less bumpey, ichey.
DO THIS FOR 3 WEEEKS
0 Replies

michael02

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 11:49 am
@material girl,
I've had these small bumps for several years. They seem to only occur during the summer months whenever the weather tops 90F. .. Usually found on the smooth areas between my knuckles and fingernails as well as certain areas on my feets, after several inquiries to my physicians, the diagnosis was the inabilty of the pores to allow for the excretion of sweat. .. Although this common condition itself is quite harmless, if serious enough, it could gave way to fungus or bacteria invading the areas where the skin is open due to picking or scratching. ... Keeping these areas clean, dry, and if possible cool, would be the best way to help eliminate it. .. If you suspect a fungus, which usually only affects the feet, then a dr's opinion would likely be the better option as to whats the best way to treat it.
0 Replies

MetalChic

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 01:02 am
@material girl,
Hi Material Girl - I get the same bumps that you get the last time I had them was exactly a year ago October 2011 - now they are coming back again. It has definitely got something to do with the heat - when I am outdoors, the heat from the sun irrates it and they become more visible and spread more over an area. I usually get them on my neck area but mainly on my fingers and palms and they spread ligthly on my hands.

I am really looking for some cure or prevention but have not received any as yet. My doctor advised me to keep out of the sun and on to wear a wide brimmed hat when outdoors.

It someone out there does know of any medication that can prevent this irrating rash please advise......
0 Replies

jamie613

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 03:48 pm
I'm kinda freaking out. Ever since I started laying out in the sun I have these small itchy bumps on my hands and feet. I remember getting them the last couple of years when I layed in the sun also, but this is the worst, there's a ton of the bumps! ahhhh! help. What do I do, they're freaky looking like little warts or something.
Ceili

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 04:25 pm
@jamie613,
It's simply sweat under dead skin.The sun dries out your skin, it's hot. you sweat.. It's itchy because the top layer of skin is tight and dry. Exfoliate. Moisturize. Use Sunscreen. Don't suntan unless you can't avoid it.
0 Replies

woodrowdunn

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 01:45 pm
@material girl,
I have the same kind of bumps on my wrist, (watch), middle finger, elbow and it started near my knee. (All on the left side of my body)!
woodrowdunn

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 01:46 pm
@woodrowdunn,
I recently went up to La Esperanza , Honduras where it is cool and the bumps started after I returned to San Pedro Sula, where it is hot!
0 Replies

field777

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 11:33 pm
For years--in spring and summer-- I've gotten these little water bumps along the sides of my fingers, and occasionally on a knuckle of my hand... For a long time I was convinced it was from swimming in ponds/lakes--or possibly from humidity. This year they came earlier than usual and no swimming yet. Allergies perhaps. The bumps are mildly itchy, and if I itch them, they get a little bigger and fill up with water. I then pop them, which is kinda fun in the moment! but I later regret it because then the skin is a little raw and stings. Glad to read so many others get the same thing. Mustn't be anything too serious??
0 Replies