I'm scared to die.. is that bad?

Eorl

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 11:53 pm
@prodlowe,
There are just two things you need to know that will lead to eternal happiness. The first is spelling and the second is punctuation.
Nah, just kiddin'. (Note to self: Stop reading posts out loud, you'll pass out.)

I think you're exactly where you should be at your age, facing your inevitable death. As I see it, you'll go one of two ways, either you'll decide to hide from the obvious truth and waste your life aiming at an afterlife that almost certainly doesn't exist,... or you'll handle the truth, and get over the fear. After the initial pain of whatever it is that kills you, death just feels like 1923 did. You didn't exist as "you" then, and you'll be just the same after.

The danger is that you'll not notice the really important thing... against all the incredible possible odds against it... you're ALIVE! GO FOR IT!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 01:02 am
@Eorl,
EorI, Good post. Your first sentence was good for my laugh for the day, and the second paragraph told it "like it is."
0 Replies

cyrus182

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 02:20 pm
i worry of dead not because of what,i worry is i will forget everything....if i dead is look like a movie,i can control myself n do everything..i dun care ghost or wat..i just wanna be myself after dead,i dun1 feel like sleep.....><..i really scare until cant sleep n eat well....how???
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 04:14 pm
@cyrus182,
cyrus182 wrote:

i worry of dead not because of what,i worry is i will forget everything....if i dead is look like a movie,i can control myself n do everything..i dun care ghost or wat..i just wanna be myself after dead,i dun1 feel like sleep.....><..i really scare until cant sleep n eat well....how???
Maybe this will comfort u, if u check it: www.IANDS.org

David
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 06:42 pm
@helplessteen,
Being scared to die becomes a real problem if you start spending your life searching for the fountain of. Obviously because it doesn't exist. It's also very sad that the primordial fear of mortality is the very source of all theism, religion, and superstition. The point is. Don't waste your life. Live and absorb every moment, because you're only going to get one. Or you could follow the wasteful Christian ideology, and spend the rest of your days futiley attempting to ensure an eternal life that doesn't exist. The direction is up to you.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 10:21 pm
To me this topic is more than just hypothetical. I am now in my seventies and my generation of friends (and foes) are dropping like flies. I've been to the funerals of two close friends in the last month--and two other friends are now in the hospice stage of life.
It's a veritble massacre!
Wilso

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 03:18 am
@JLNobody,
It's going to happen to all of us. The main thing is to find peace in your own way. I hope you've done so. I hope I'll be able to. I think it's an essential.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:18 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
To me this topic is more than just hypothetical. I am now in my seventies and my generation of friends (and foes) are dropping like flies. I've been to the funerals of two close friends in the last month--and two other friends are now in the hospice stage of life.
It's a veritble massacre!
Its only MOLTING.

Perhaps u 'll take comfort in the fact that a lot of folks
who have been brought back from death in hospitals,
came back COMPLAINING, objecting and (sometimes) cursing,
because thay felt like thay were "being put back in jail."

www.IANDS.org

I wish that my own out-of-body-experiences had lasted longer.

David
JLNobody

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 10:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David, I'm not complaining about my friends' suffering (in death). I'm only complaining about my losses. They were assets for me in many ways, most psychological. Now they're gone or about to go.
I remember my father complaining to me in his last years that he did not mind the fact that he would soon die because all of his close friends were dead
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 11:30 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
David, I'm not complaining about my friends' suffering (in death).
I think u misread my post.

JLNobody wrote:

I'm only complaining about my losses. They were assets for me in many ways, most psychological.
Now they're gone or about to go.
I remember my father complaining to me in his last years that he did not mind the fact that he would soon die because
all of his close friends were dead
NO ONE'S friends are dead.

Its only MOLTING.

Human bodies are deciduous

David
0 Replies

bob600

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 03:15 pm
@helplessteen,
Being dead is OK, its the dying I would avoid if I were you, its not a good thing.
Wilso

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 04:27 pm
Of course being dead is ok. We've ALL been dead before.
bob600

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:53 pm
@Wilso,
I must have missed that. I always thought dead was a sort of permanent thing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:14 pm
@bob600,
bob600 wrote:
Being dead is OK, its the dying I would avoid if I were you, its not a good thing.
Yes, but its important to DISTINGUISH between being dead yourself,
or merely your outer covering, the human body.

Out-of-body experiences are very nice (and a quick way to lose weight).

David
Wilso

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 03:30 am
@bob600,
bob600 wrote:

I must have missed that. I always thought dead was a sort of permanent thing

Tell me a better way to describe the eternity before you were born.
bob600

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 01:56 pm
@Wilso,
The eternity before I was born is as good a description as any. But as my reality was born with me and will die with me and that's all that can ever exist to me then anything that came before or after does not exist, so before I was born concepts after I die concepts none of it reality, or eternity, to me anyway.
0 Replies

bob600

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 02:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Believe me you aint gona know your dead, so you won't mix it up with anything. You may know on the other hand that your dying and in an effort to avoid the reality of that you may mix it up with anything. The only thing certain about out of body experiences is that the person did not die so its not related to death, perhaps more to life as life is the common denominator.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 02:20 pm
@bob600,
bob600 wrote:
Believe me you aint gona know your dead,
Because u r not gonna be dead; u r only gonna MOLT.

bob600 wrote:
so you won't mix it up with anything.
Some people who have died, have said that thay were perplexed or confused, at first.
Thay were not expecting it.

bob600 wrote:
You may know on the other hand that your dying and in an effort to avoid the reality of that you may mix it up with anything. The only thing certain about out of body experiences is that the person did not die so its not related to death, perhaps more to life as life is the common denominator.
What u said is not accurate.
Many out-of-body experiences have resulted from death
of the human body, in hospitals; no EKG, no EEG, no respiration for a while.

Sometimes thay go places n see things that r later confirmed.

Some people have been DISINHERITED,
after a decedent sees n hears one of his relatives bad-mouthing him
in the hospital waiting room, while his body is lying dead, in surgery.

He goes to his estate lawyer, after he returns to life
n changes his Will to leave out Mr. Nastymouth.
bob600

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 03:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Hey, at my age I'm already molting
bob600

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 03:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You confuse me now, how can they have conveyed any information after they died?

If the person involved, has not started to rot and fall to bits, or a suitable amount of time has not passed say a day or so, and they open their eyes and return to normal, conversing about their experiences then they were NOT dead. The name "NEAR death experience" gives it away, near, but no bulleye. Its like nearly catching a plane, you are either flying or sitting on your ass in an airport, two completely different experiences.