Enable video recording on a Motorola Razr V3

winda

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:18 pm
I just bought a Razr but theres no video recording in the programing. The phone is so sweet but the lack of recording really messes up the overall view of the Razr. Anyway, I heard that you could get something that would enable the video. Does anyone know how I could enable the video recording?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 27,541 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 07:22 am
Which model Razr do you have?

Did you purchase it as new? What does your online searching show about this unit's capabilities for video?

First thing I'd do is look in your instruction manual to see the features and capabilities (options too). If the answer is not clear, then why not visit the store from which you bought it (or go to a Motorola cell phone dealer) for proper video operation instructions.

Here's a small paragraph about MOT Razr 3 operations that might help:

"With 5 MB of internal memory storage, the RAZR V3 shines in the entertainment department. The phone's VGA camera features a 4x zoom, image quality options, and an auto-timer so you can be in your pictures, too. Capture stills and then send them to your friends via MMS messaging or email, or to your PC via USB or Bluetooth. The phone is capable of MPEG4 video playback when you receive a video message, or if you upload video to the phone via USB or Bluetooth. The RAZR V3 also supports custom graphics for wallpapers so you can dress up the phone to suit your fancy."

Questions on operation:

Do you have a working memory storage chip installed?

Is the chip installed (seated) properly?

Is there a adequate space on the chip for storage?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:24 am
One of my phones is a Motorola V3 and it does not capture video. I do not know of any such way to enable it, but if there were it would likely be a firmware update.

I don't think it's out there though.
0 Replies

robtheone

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:53 am
V3 Razr Video Capture is Posssible
Craven de Kere wrote:
One of my phones is a Motorola V3 and it does not capture video. I do not know of any such way to enable it, but if there were it would likely be a firmware update.

I don't think it's out there though.

I have seen a website offering the ability to modify the V3 Razr to enable the video recording on the phone. Here is a link to the page:

http://www.cellcables.com/advanced-motorola-features.html

If you scroll down it will show you. It also shows how to remove some of the Cingular logos and links on the phone as well.

Best of Luck!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 03:52 pm
Nice. Not something that I want to use (the Razr is just not fit for video) but interesting nonetheless.

Some of the other hacks like removing carrier-specific branding are things I may try.
0 Replies

tempforthisamzingnews

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:50 am
NO hacks! - Video Recorder!
Ok .... i'm a 13 yr old kid hu had his fone nicked! Sad but it it wasn't nicked this wuldn't happen... I brought a New V3 (well my mum did) and it had viideo recorder on it! it wus the first time i heard about this as i want the V3x for this reason! So WTF ... i no some peeps have been hacking it... but explain ... well it is cool anyway!
0 Replies