Don1

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:14 am
What exactly are you meant to do with this crap, if you put it on bread it is so dry as to be uneatable, what the f*** are you supposed to do with it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,190 • Replies: 89
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:18 am
Peanut butter is great! In cookies, with jelly on bread, on a piece of chocolate....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:22 am
i can't believe they don't know about peanut butter & jelly sandwiches in england...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:24 am
I think peanut butter is far more of an American than British delicacy. For this we no doubt have to thank George Washington Carver...
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:34 am
We have peanut butter in Germany now, too. But it is not at all as common as in the US. We prefer Nutella :-)

But I do love peanut butter & jelly sandwiches - I tried them in the US years and years ago. I found them very exotic at that time.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:35 am
MMM, I was inspired by this thread to go home and have a pb&j for lunch!
0 Replies

Linkat

What about peanut butter pie - yummy!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

urs53 wrote:
We have peanut butter in Germany now, too. But it is not at all as common as in the US. We prefer Nutella :-)

But I do love peanut butter & jelly sandwiches - I tried them in the US years and years ago. I found them very exotic at that time.

First, what is Nutella? And second, pb&j, exotic? I think that's funny considering it's a staple for American kids. Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:37 am
What about peanut butter and fluff? I used to love that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:41 am
Shocked WHAT IS NUTELLA?!?! Honey, you haven't lived yet! Nutella is a hazelnut cream that melts all problems and obstacles away instantly. Nutella is a dream you can taste, is a completion of your inner self, is a deep breath of calmness....

uhmmm

back to work...
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:44 am
Very well put, dagmaraka!

Bella Dea, Nutella is that staple for German kids.

Linkat, fluff? Is that that strange white or pink stuff?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:11 pm
Yeah - it comes in pink or white - basically it is marshmallow - I believe only one company makes it and sells it only regionally so that many places in the US do not even know about it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:21 pm
Marshmallow Fluff is still produced by the same batch process developed over 75 years ago - it's the only marshmallow creme made in this manner. It's what makes Durkee-Mower's product so fluffy, white, and smooth; it's what makes the difference. Because Marshmallow Fluff is made only with the finest ingredients under the most demanding sanitary conditions, it requires no artificial preservatives.

I guess I was wrong - you can buy fluff in much more areas than I thought "… Business continues to expand with the recent growth of our young school-aged population wishing to enjoy Fluff the same way their parents and grandparents did before them. Additionally, fluff is now enjoyed in Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Holland, Israel, south Africa, Belgium, and the UAE. Although Fluff enjoys wide distribution in the United States, there are still a few places where we are not located. If you happen to live in such a place, or cannot find Fluff locally, it may be ordered directly from our factory using the Order Form located in this site."

For more info regarding fluff…

http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/htm/welcome.shtml
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:36 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Shocked WHAT IS NUTELLA?!?! Honey, you haven't lived yet! Nutella is a hazelnut cream that melts all problems and obstacles away instantly. Nutella is a dream you can taste, is a completion of your inner self, is a deep breath of calmness....

uhmmm

back to work...

Don't like Hazelnut so I don't suppose I would like Nutella.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:38 pm
Bella, do you like chocolate?

<shields self from violence of agreement>

Then you'll like Nutella.

Trust me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:40 pm
http://www.nutellausa.com/images/hp-img-bread.jpghttp://www.nutellausa.com/images/hp-jar.gif

http://www.nutellausa.com/start.htm
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:42 pm
sozobe wrote:
Bella, do you like chocolate?

<shields self from violence of agreement>

Then you'll like Nutella.

Trust me.

Yes, but am lactose intolerant. Sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:45 pm
Ohhh.

Bummer.

Did Kicky ever report on his lactaid experiment?

This has got to have less milk than ice cream, and if you can risk ice cream occasionally, you MUST try Nutella sometime.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:49 pm
sozobe wrote:
Ohhh.

Bummer.

Did Kicky ever report on his lactaid experiment?

This has got to have less milk than ice cream, and if you can risk ice cream occasionally, you MUST try Nutella sometime.

Yes, I could probably try it. I risk ice cream with about 4 pills and usually end up with minor discomfort (for both me and hubby)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:54 pm
I really only like all natural peanut butter. Just peanuts and salt, nothing else. Can't stand the big national brands - full of sugar.

Nutella is good, but it's awfully sweet. I suspect the european version isn't as sweet.
0 Replies