Bolton and the UN

sumac

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:45 pm
"The names of the Americans and the companies remain highly classified, but they were provided to Bolton by the National Security Agency in response to special requests he made as under secretary of state for arms control. "

Perhaps the problem is not whether Bolton acted properly or improperly in requesting the information, but rather, in the information itself.

If these companies did X, then they are subject to prosecution. And if they did X, then might they also have done Y? Z (Oil for Food scandal)?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:33 pm
I'm wondering if any of the names and companies, or the request by Bolton had anything to do with Bustani. Remember him? Bolton had him removed as head of the OPCW, which helped clear the way for invading Iraq.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/27a/132.html
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 09:57 pm
For what it's worth: I predict Boltan will be confirmed.

Whether or not Boltan is the best candidate for the position, he is the president's. The role of the Senate is not to determine whether or not there is a better candidate, but whether or not the nominee is at all acceptable.

Give me an effin break! Does anyone really think that the opposition to Boltan is anything other than politically motivated?

Hey, if the Dems can deliver the Repub President a defeat by rejecting Boltan than so be it --- that's politics, but lets not fall prey to the furious spin that would suggest that Boltan is some sort of demon is disguise.

Patrick Monyihan was a very controversial (and very Democratic) UN ambassador. Jeanne Kilpatrick was as well (albeit Republican). Let's see the arguments that either of these excellent choices somehow retarded the interests or progress of the US.

Boltan and his walrus mustache to the UN.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 10:40 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
For what it's worth: I predict Boltan will be confirmed.

BoltAn ??? Maybe you're not quuuuuuite as up to speed on this issue as you think, Finn. Or is this just a slip of the mind because of a Texas twang?

Whether or not Boltan is the best candidate for the position, he is the president's. The role of the Senate is not to determine whether or not there is a better candidate, but whether or not the nominee is at all acceptable.

Duuuuuh, that is precisely what they are doing. You know, gather info on the subject, bring that information into committee, debate that info, vote on the man following the rules of procedure. What part of this don't you understand, Finn?

Give me an effin break! Does anyone really think that the opposition to Boltan is anything other than politically motivated?

The facts state otherwise. And, shock of shocks, requested info relating to this very issue, [guess where from] has been denied.

Hey, if the Dems can deliver the Repub President a defeat by rejecting Boltan than so be it --- that's politics, but lets not fall prey to the furious spin that would suggest that Boltan is some sort of demon is disguise.

The first couple of Finn paragraphs seeks to deny inherent political rights to committee members. Now this one hails that process as the, well you know, "mom & apple pie" right way.

You must be dizzy from the spin, Finn. Let me suggest a new signature line; what you've written is the dictionary entry for 'insipid'.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 11:07 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
I will, hereafter, be happy to ignore your mewing.

Perhaps that is your wisest course of action, Finn. Being insipid hasn't gotten you very far. Smile

PS How's the Galloway response coming?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 07:08 am
All these people who dismiss the idea of Bolton's not making it, who claim it is in the bag-do any of them have any explanation as to why things are happening to Bolton's nomination that don't happen to other nominations?

Most nominations just sail right through. Yet this one got put on the side for further discussion. That doesn't happen on other nominations. That shouldn't happen since the committee has a Republican majority and this is a Republican president.

Anybody have any explanations why it did happen, and how it can possibly be interpreted as meaning anything other than that the Bolton nomination is indeed in trouble?

And when signs of trouble come up in a nomination, and those things are not dispelled quickly-as these problems have not been dispelled quickly-the next step is ususally the nominee withdrawing his name.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 01:32 pm
kelticwizard said:

Quote:
why things are happening to Bolton's nomination that don't happen to other nominations?

But they do happen to other nominations.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 01:41 pm
Sure, nominations that end up being rejected, lol

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:35 am
John Bolton is Toast of the Month, June, 2005.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5589733288&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:22 am
Sounds like Bush is still determined to push Bolton through.
The arrogant little brat still thinks, amid the lowest approval ratings since what, Nixon?...that he can just do what he wants because he wants to do it.

Amazing.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:26 am
candidone1 wrote:
Sounds like Bush is still determined to push Bolton through.
The arrogant little brat still thinks, amid the lowest approval ratings since what, Nixon?...that he can just do what he wants because he wants to do it.

Amazing.

Or, it could be that he is the President and with that office comes some responsibilities.

Why do you canadians concern yourselves with such trivial matters? Our representative to the UN is our concern, perhaps you should go get in line for a check up.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:36 am
McGentrix wrote:

Why do you canadians concern yourselves with such trivial matters? Our representative to the UN is our concern, perhaps you should go get in line for a check up.

You mean, Canadians (and those from other foreign countries as well, I suppose?) should comment on "your concern" here on A2K?

(Have you ever counted, how often 'McGentrix' responded on threads with 'Canadian concern'? I stopped after the first page.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:40 am
No, I was just making a snide comment in retaliation for the baseless insult against our president.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 03:05 pm
McGentrix wrote:
No, I was just making a snide comment in retaliation for the baseless insult against our president.

Baseless?
You've got to be kidding me?

What justification do you appeal to then by insulting me, my nationality, my input, or my interest in the United States delgate to the United Nations.
It's so typical to lob Canadian or French slander in defense of you prized jerk off for a President.
I am thoroughly enjoying watching his little empire and his little conquests crumble with every gaffe that trips out from behind his agonizing face.
This President is the biggest joke to the collective international community and you continue to lube your palm and continue stroking.
Enjoy yourself on your continued Bush-gratifying endeavors McG. You would do him proud.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 06:00 pm
Like I said, baseless. Canada would barely be a decent state. It's no wonder you guys are so eager to discuss American politics, especially considering Canada's lackluster showing on the world stage. Does Canada even have an ambassador to the UN?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 06:47 pm
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Baseless?

What justification do you appeal to then by insulting me, my nationality, my input, or my interest in the United States delgate to the United Nations.

And then candidone1 goes on to answer his/her own question:
It's so typical to lob Canadian or French slander in defense of you prized jerk off for a President. I am thoroughly enjoying watching his little empire and his little conquests crumble with every gaffe that trips out from behind his agonizing face. This President is the biggest joke to the collective international community and you continue to lube your palm and continue stroking.Enjoy yourself on your continued Bush-gratifying endeavors McG. You would do him proud.

Of course none of the preceeding presents a rational base for insulting the American president.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:17 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Like I said, baseless. Canada would barely be a decent state. It's no wonder you guys are so eager to discuss American politics, especially considering Canada's lackluster showing on the world stage. Does Canada even have an ambassador to the UN?

I wasn't aware that Canada was the topic of this conversation. Start a topic if you wish McG, and I would gladly contribute to the discussion, especially the part about how lame Canada's political scene is.
I won't argue on that one.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:20 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Baseless?

It's so typical to lob Canadian or French slander in defense of you prized jerk off for a President. I am thoroughly enjoying watching his little empire and his little conquests crumble with every gaffe that trips out from behind his agonizing face. This President is the biggest joke to the collective international community and you continue to lube your palm and continue stroking.Enjoy yourself on your continued Bush-gratifying endeavors McG. You would do him proud.

Of course none of the preceeding presents a rational base for insulting the American president.

I just find it laughable how eager you all are to pounce in his defence, even in light if everything that has happend under his watch. But, what's a bit 'o lotion without a lot 'o motion huh Finn?
McG didn't employ rationality in his snide comments toward me earlier, I'm just keeping with the times.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:22 pm
McGentrix wrote:

OUR president..there you go speaking for me again.....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:26 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Baseless?

I just find it laughable how eager you all are to pounce in his defence, even in light if everything that has happend under his watch. But, what's a bit 'o lotion without a lot 'o motion huh Finn?
McG didn't employ rationality in his snide comments toward me earlier, I'm just keeping with the times.

Laugh away candi. We neo-cons exist only to amuse our Canuk friends.

What has happened under his watch that I should be joining my friends from the North in ripping him a new a-hole?

0 Replies