Metals that don't rust.

Green Eyes

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:55 pm
hey there
Cool Some metals that don't rust are Aluminum, and platinum and gold and that is about It! :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 03:53 pm
Actually, M, there is only one element that rusts. Iron. Other metals oxidize in their own way, but that familiar red orange is from ferrous materials.

Your best bet is of course aluminum, for its light weight and strength.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 02:54 am
Thanks you guys. I'll be ordering and aluminum one on line in a few weeks and I think I might get it from the site Fishin gave me. Only problem is that since it's a US company, it's going to cost me in shipping, customs charges and the exchange rate I lose paying with Canadian money.
I'm going to try and find a place around here that has them first, since it'll save me about $100.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:37 am
My Goodness montana, what are yuo doing with it in order to have the need to hose it down everyday??!!
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:16 pm
Have you considered a good plastic?

Depends on what you use to hose down everyday. If you are using sanitizers some can cause reactions with metal or plastics.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:53 am
MG
I work in a lobster plant and it's a very messy job ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:55 am
JTF
The requirements are that the stool needs to be metal, otherwise I would have gone with a strong plastic.
0 Replies

Grieg

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:51 pm
Just to clear up one point for others reading this thread (since you have already decided on aluminum..a good choice). Stainless steel comes in different grades depending upon the specific alloy. Grades like 316 or better yet duplex grades like 2304 or 2205 are essentially rust proof. It is used on salt water boats among other things and will not rust under any conditions a stool would likely encounter. Silicon bronze is another corrosion resistant marine grade metal used for fittings exposed to salt water.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:18 pm
Better buy it. You just can't get custom made for the going retail.
0 Replies

maryn weeks

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 02:56 pm
you can find the answer as long as you figure out which metals are ferrous and which are non ferrous because ferrous metals can rust and non ferrous metals cant
0 Replies

Haydog

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 06:11 pm
@Setanta,
The Washington Monument is not an obelisk. By definition an obelisk is one piece of stone. The Washington Monument was built in three phases due to money issues, which the layers are easily seen.
0 Replies