My man rearranged the living room while I was out.

BubbaGumbo

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:17 pm
"We talked briefly Saturday evening. He asked me how I liked the living room and I replied, "It's your house, you can do anything you want."

LOL

He was quick to state that this is "our house," that he "loves me," that he was "just trying to help out," and that "we can change anything I don't like."

Me: "Okay honey." I still felt excluded and almost weepy over the situation . . . but . . . .

Next day ---> PERIOD

ROFL

Today ---> I'm not emotional about anything. No big deal. If I want to change anything, my man will use his big strong, sexy, masculine muscles to move the furniture until his woman is satisfied.

OMG. I have just sent womanhood back to the dark ages.

But . . . no crappola. Whenever I'm feeling a little emotional about something . . . I better check the calendar."

Wow, am I glad I'm not your husband!! Laughing
Are you really that controlling and insecure that you can't let your husband rearrange the house on his own without getting angry? He didn't purchase a car without you, he merely moved the futon 7ft to the left. Calm down.
Why don't you just adjust the room to how you'd like it, I'm sure he won't mind.
Then tomorrow say: "hubby, moving furniture in our place of living is a really big deal to me and something that can't be done alone. If we don't get the proper feng shui by working rearranging in a symbiotic manner, our lives will be ruined. So please don't ever make such a monumental change without me ever again. Oh and I'm about to go decide what homepage our computer is going to be set to, could we have a family meeting right now to decide. Kthx"
Laughing
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:20 am
Debra_Law wrote:
We talked briefly Saturday evening. He asked me how I liked the living room and I replied, "It's your house, you can do anything you want."

LOL

He was quick to state that this is "our house," that he "loves me," that he was "just trying to help out," and that "we can change anything I don't like."

Me: "Okay honey." I still felt excluded and almost weepy over the situation . . . but . . . .

Next day ---> PERIOD

ROFL

Today ---> I'm not emotional about anything. No big deal. If I want to change anything, my man will use his big strong, sexy, masculine muscles to move the furniture until his woman is satisfied.

OMG. I have just sent womanhood back to the dark ages.

But . . . no crappola. Whenever I'm feeling a little emotional about something . . . I better check the calendar.

Bingo!! Gotta love those hormones sneaking up on us, don't we? Been there and done that, cried over a trivial thing just because of a hormonal crunch that left me feeling very vulnerable.

Debra, I think you more than a lot of people know how to handle communication issues with your man. You give great advice to a lot of people a lot of the time which is why I was actually somewhat surprised to see this post coming from you. Honestly, I was also delighted to see this post coming from you at the same time. You showed a side of yourself that we rarely see. The vulnerable side that any woman can relate to. And most men too, if they know their woman!

It wasn't about the furniture. It wasn't that your man didn't care because you know how much he does care as your later conversation about how he would change anything you wanted him to attests to. Smile

I think you're right about the calendar. I know whenever I am feeling particularly offbeat about something, I try to recognize that and step back for a second and ask myself what is really going on inside of me. Nine out of ten times it is exactly what you realized. The calendar.

I hope all is better now and that your living room looks fabulous! Smile
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:06 pm
...geeez its his place too if he wants to change it around 'so'????
whats the big deal????
Do what I do, you wait 2 weeks then change it back to how you want it,
half the time they dont notice and when they do its not a big
deal to them anyway! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:36 pm
If either partner has one wit of design sense, schooled or not, then this subject is an added complication to the usual group of complaints among parties.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 03:04 am
osso,

You sounded just like an attorney when you said that! Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:06 pm
Osso's prophetic soul speaketh.

I've separated our driveway from the back yard with an informal hedge--some store-bought shrubs and some enthusiastic bird-planted honeysuckle bushes.

Mr. Noddy said he was going to create path at the end of the yard, so that he'd have an alternative to the icy driveway.

Mr. Noddy should not be allowed to play with pruning shears. Right now I don't care whether or not he runs with scissors.

Mr. Noddy displayed the aesthetic sensibility of a bull dozer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:23 pm
Sigh.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 03:23 pm
For better and for worse. I promised in public.
0 Replies