..."to the vagrant gypsy's life"... WHERED THE SUMMER GO?

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 08:28 am
@farmerman,
damn, returning the boat to St Stephen (NB( tomorrow and then we clean the grounds , turn off the utilities and head for home
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 12:18 pm
@farmerman,
HOME, and boy does this place need some work. Weve had some folks living here and taking care of the stock . They've not been too kind on the grounds. We have a landscape guy come in and cut the grass each week but we seemed to have lost two biig trees around the back field and theyre just sitting there. I coulda used the firewood.

Lesse, our trip home involved a 15 hour drive . We stopped at Bangor to gas up and get on the Turnpike . Its about a 6 hour drive to the end of MAine and then we stopped at Willington Conn. Ate breakfast at a neat diner, more gas and we headed out along the MAss Tpike to the Northway and on to High Point NJ, Matamoros Pa , through the Del Water Gap and home.

When we left last time the cornfields were all green and 7 ft tall, and the tobacco was growing tall. Now, the corns in, the last alfalfa is in, the tobacco is drying in barns and the only thing left is soybeans.

One of my Amish neighbors stopped and said that our other Amish neighbor tracked and shot a 12 point buck in our woods . He used a bow gun. I did not know that bow guns were even legal. Now theres a lethal weapon, and silent as a snake.

Need to think about some work schedules so I can make some money.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 05:19 am
@farmerman,
And somewhere between Maine and Conn you got to drive through lovely New Hampshire (for about 30 minutes) Smile
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 08:58 am
@rosborne979,
ahoy from Fundy. we/re set fer cape Blomaden . yaaaargh.
McTag

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 09:05 am
@farmerman,

Bon voyage. I'm just reading a Patrick O'Brian at the moment.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 09:10 am
@McTag,
been out almost a week already.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 10:16 am
@farmerman,
Well, put it away now, fm.

There might be a policeman around.
spendius

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 10:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
been out almost a week already.

These masochists will go to any lengths.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:15 pm
@Lordyaswas,
leaving tomorrow AM to do a last turn around the cape and then back to Mnaan and Eastport. Be back in town by Sat PM or early Sun.
We will probably have to fuel up at Manaan. This boat is a honey. We splurged a bit in the rental this year.

Anybody ever see that movie with Harrison Ford when he tried to rent a helicopter in Columbia? That's what it felt like in the deposit end to rent the boat.
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:24 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
That's what it felt like in the deposit end to rent the boat.

The Madames are notable for their charges fm. Masochists like pain in more than one area.

I saw the movie of the four yachtsmen in the Atlantic. I must say how generous it was of the US taxpayer to stump up for the search.

At the mercy of a freak wave or a pod of whales using their synchronised wave making technique which they use to wash seals off ice floes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:29 pm
@farmerman,
Oh yeah. I was able to purchase a Clovis or bear River gate point made from the same agate as is in the Cape Blomidon area. It got a nice provenance. Now, I hope the damn mounties or the U=S border guys don't give me any happy horshit for "smuggling patrimony" across the border.
Its got some detail about when and where it was found so there .
should be no "First Nation's" Bullshit (I hope).

PS , if anyone is wondering how I send these , Canada hs a very nice array of Starbucks, qll w/ WIFI. So I don't have to qorry about timing out. Even Mrs F Is being patient s I check mail and do my 2K 'blutions
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 09:36 pm
@farmerman,
Have a good vacation, Fman. Try to stay upright and in one piece this time, eh?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 09:48 pm
@farmerman,
The RCMP from three provinces are pretty caught up in the RCMP shootings in Moncton. You should be good to wander through unless they think you're transporting the shooter.
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:31 am
@ehBeth,
Home in Eastport. I even caught some ZZZ's . e started out at about 5:30 CDT and wound up in Eastport by 8 Am EDT. We landed at Manaan last night and spent the night at the dock .
Saw a couple of Minke whales this AM and tons of dolphins.

Will relax and just screw around town today nd tomorrow and head for PA maybe Mon PM. The dock at Wolville was not very keyed up about the shootings at Moncton although the radio was doing a CNN style coverage. Seems that the RCMP shut down Moncton in the same fashion that Boston hut itself down after the Marathon bombing.
farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:36 pm
@farmerman,
Well well well. The Passamaquoddy Bay and the Bay of Fundy are now hosting several bunches of great white sharks. It appears that the burgeoning population of harbor seals in Passamaquoddy is drawing great whites out of the Gulf nd close to shore where the snacking is much better.
The weekend after July 12 two separate sightings of rather LARGE (15 TO 20 FT) great Whites have been reported near St Andrews and Grnd Manaan ,both in New Brunswick CA.
Im amazed at how , in the last 10 years both Orcas and Great WHites have been seen in the area.

I wonder whether ocean kayaking industry will take a hit.

Look like Im gonna need a bigger boat
McTag

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:24 am
@farmerman,

Quote:
Passamaquoddy

What's not to like about that?

You gotta ma quoddy? Pass 'm to me, now.
farmerman

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:52 am
@McTag,
ever hear of the Passamaquoddy Dragon?. It really loves Triscuits
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 03:51 pm
@farmerman,
MOOSE! why does it always have to be MOOSE?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 04:40 pm
@farmerman,
because they're big
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:42 am
@farmerman,
Did someone say moose on the loose?