Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Amoh5

Fri 12 Feb, 2016 06:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes I agree, and a lot of other attrocities have been committed in the name of religion which I don't think all religious people should be responsible for or ridiculed. There are decent and indecent religious people, just like there decent and indecent atheists. So what I'm trying to say is that religion(or perceptions might be a better word) should not be scrutinized because of the indecent actions of other individuals. Science and religion for me should compliment each other. I'm a Christian but I don't condone Intelligent design as a scientific conclusion, it is merely a metaphoric conclusion of the Genesis by the Jewish culture. Every other human culture in our world has a metaphoric Genesis version as well. For me personally as a Christian, I think science, evolution and all life was created and belongs to God. But I know that Intelligent Design is not a scientific version of the Genesis, its only metaphoric version. Science should be used for physical matters, religion should be used only for pyschological(spiritual) and moral matters...
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Feb, 2016 07:08 pm
@Amoh5,
I've been exposed to several religions during my life, and I've concluded the best 'belief' is atheism. The only principle that matters is to respect all living things.
Amoh5

Fri 12 Feb, 2016 07:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thats awesome cicerone, whatever promotes us to be decent and well human beings. I hope other people can find a way to do that in whatever path they choose...
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 12 Feb, 2016 08:02 pm
Jesus wept . . . the topic here is intelligent design, and whether or not it is science. So the god botherers just show up and take over any thread they want to trash, so they can peddle their god delusion?
0 Replies

Amoh5

Fri 12 Feb, 2016 09:57 pm
As a Christian I think "Intelligent Design" is only a Jewish metaphoric account of the Genesis, where every other human culture in the world also have their own metaphoric accounts of the Genesis. They are all clearly not scientific accounts. Just because it has the word God in it, doesn't make it scientific.
Setanta

Fri 12 Feb, 2016 10:26 pm
Well, that's one of the more bizarre accounts offered here. It has a definite whiff of subliminal antisemitism, too. It sure beats the hell out your routine "Lord Jesus" BS>
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 12:35 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:

As a Christian I think "Intelligent Design" is only a Jewish metaphoric account of the(sic) Genesis,

That does NOT explain why the US is probably the biggest proponent of a "Fundamental" interpretation of the Bible and for the rise of "Creationism" and "Intelligent Design" as attempts at making these worldviews scientific "truth" .

Youll find that these attempts at the subversion of science in America is purely a well funded movement with strong Evangelical Fundamental Christian roots.

Jews understand the value of a RIPPING GOOD STORY.

Amoh5

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 03:29 am
@farmerman,
Yes its so weird how so many people in the US can take a Jewish metaphoric explanation of the genesis so literally as though it was scientific. There are many other metaphoric versions of the Genesis round the world from so many other cultures. Ah thats right, because its got God in it. You know as a Christian, I can't find anywhere in the bible where Lord Jesus says I have to believe the book of Genesis, or anything else in the bible except only his written words. I don't get it with these ID type Christians, I just don't get it
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 03:46 am
Yeah, you don't get it is the understatement of the year. You are completely clueless. You have no business posting in this thread, because you don't know what the hell it's about.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 05:27 am
@Setanta,
Instead of bashing n slashing why don't you enlighten the populace you pompous freak ? Your pathetic arrogance really gets on my nerves pal. You should get a better fracking mirror in front of you, 90% of your posts are tribal warfare you ******* shallow retarded litle man !
Setanta

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 05:33 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
He's been "enlightened" and it didn't take. You do, of course, show the value of your intellect with the character of your post. So much for your bullsh*t claim to have me on ignore.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 05:43 am
@Setanta,
I do have you on ignore for the most part, but I still value your 10% of proper posting you fool... I separate the personal issues and the person from the intelectual content they have to offer on the rare ocasion they have anything to offer. Needless to say your last two posts provide statistical weight to the part of my brain that thinks you are not worth a second look you lunatic.
Leadfoot

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 12:02 pm
@Amoh5,
Quote:

I don't think cannibalism, religious wars or mass murders are examples of family values and morals. They are more like unwell examples of family values. Good family values for me would be Mum & Dad love and respect one another, their children also love and respect one another. This love and respect could branch out to extended family, friends and people of other ethnicities. If I hadn't become a Christian I would not have really realized the value of "family" or "human life"
I really am curious about the primacy of family values in your belief system and how you reconcile that with the words of Jesus. I pointed out how his words obviously show there are values that are far above those. I'm sure you know the passage where he said he did not come to bring peace in the family but a sword and that for his sake there would be much friction in families.

I'm sure the goal is to have family harmony, but I think many Christians compromise on even more important principles in their quest for 'family values'.
Amoh5

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 03:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
Well for me Leadfoot, Science should deal with physical matters, and religion should deal with pyschological(spiritual) and moral matters. So psychologically or spiritually Lord Jesus helps me to value human life and get along people including my birth family. Lord Jesus represents compassion and forgiveness towards humanity like a Father who is prepared to risk his life for us. The sword thing is only a metaphore towards his new testament having conflict with people of the old testament, that's my thoughts on it anyway. If you don't have a sense of family towards people, what's the use in living?
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 04:16 pm
...oh Lord we praise you from the bottom of our sinner hearts for everyday of our insignificant life's !!! ...oh Lord bring us your glory, bring us your blessing good Lord and free us from the sin and the lake of fire ! Praise the Lord hallelujah ! HALLELUJAH !!! oooooh LOOOOOOOOORD ! Our Hearts n Souls in your hands magnificent LOOORD ! We Belieeeeeeve in you and only you our Lord !!! Death to all sinners and those that oppose our Lord's will n may hell rain own them for eternity ! Dead to the wicked and the evil that defy you our Lord !

Amoh5

Sat 13 Feb, 2016 05:04 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
That's a rather fundamental evangelistical song Fil, reminds me of people still living in the dark ages mixing Old testament ideals with Lord Jesus's ideals which I think is wrong. I would think that people create their own heavens or hells by their own choices rather than blaming it on God or Lord Jesus, that's my own thoughts on that anyway...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 14 Feb, 2016 12:59 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
If you don't have a sense of family towards people, what's the use in living?
A sense of family is a wonderful thing, I just don't put it in first place anymore. I did at one time and had nothing but friction but when I got my priorities straight, a wonderful family experience followed.
Amoh5

Sun 14 Feb, 2016 01:56 am
@Leadfoot,
I'm not saying we have to think like door mats for people or allow them to offend us, but realise they too are children of God and Lord Jesus, so we try and be as respectable towards them as we possibly can but be vigilant at the same time.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 14 Feb, 2016 02:44 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
You're a f*cking idiot, albuquerque, a vicious, foul-mouthed idiot who peddles touchy-feely hippie philosophy here, that was out of date 30 years ago, and was never anything but babble-speak. And then, of course, you like to lash out at people. Your BS about having me on ignore wouldn't fool a grammar school child. Go piss up a rope. Learn some proper English while you're at it.
Setanta

Sun 14 Feb, 2016 02:45 am
So apparently the religious loons have taken over this thread, and it's now Mr. Roger's neighborhood for the Jeebus crowd.
0 Replies