Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Fil Albuquerque

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 08:43 am
@Amoh5,
If by God you just mean the Set of all Sets, ultimate Reality, timeless Being, Final Order, the Reason itself not a reasoneing mind, then I march along with you....prove you are truthfull when you say you have an open willing to debate mind and give me a no bulshit account of your "God".
rosborne979

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 01:54 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:
I do sympathise with your concern towards crazy religious people of this sort. I have no idea how they calculate their un-Christian biblical ideas. There's nowhere in the bible where Lord Jesus says we have to follow everything written in the bible, but only his words.

Before you come down too hard on the other religious crazies remember that there's no real good evidence for the existence of Jesus at all, and certainly no indication that anything that might have been said is accurately recorded in the bible (and we haven't even started talking your assumptions that a God actually exists).
cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 02:07 pm
@rosborne979,
I find it interesting that so many in this world believe in one god or another without having any evidence for its existence. They can only rely on faith, a fleeting sentiment that seems to consume so many humans. My sister is one of those.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 05:54 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Lord Jesus does refer to God as "Heavenly Father" but insists that "God is spirit", so I don't go kneeling and praying to the sky. I acknowledge God through spirit which I believe consists of family values and morals. I became a Christian and believe in God only because of Lord Jesus, he is a unique character of good human family values and morals regardless of whether people think he is a fairy tale or not. So I'm more drawn by his morality rather than the fairy tales. If it wasn't for Lord Jesus, I would hardly see any value in human life. He sure speaks a lot of human truths for just a mere fairy tale anyway.
cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 05:57 pm
@Amoh5,
Being a good human is what counts. Not the belief in any God.
Briancrc

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:02 pm
@rosborne979,
You make a good point
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/18/did-historical-jesus-exist-the-traditional-evidence-doesnt-hold-up/
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:08 pm
@rosborne979,
You must be one of those individuals who thinks that people who believe in God are not capable of scientific reasoning, you are only believing in a myth. The Big Bang theory came from a Catholic priest "Father Georges LeMaitre." What's that all about? You should google "Christian scientists" and "Christian inventors."
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It takes a perfect invincible human being to maintain this "I'm a good human being perception" Are you perfect and invincible? I wouldn't think so either.
cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:17 pm
@Amoh5,
If no human is perfect, we don't need religion to prove it. "Good" is subjective and relative.
hingehead

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:17 pm
@Amoh5,
Well that's a straw man argument if I ever saw one. Ros never said Christians aren't capable of scientific thought - just that seem few to apply it to the existence of God.
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:24 pm
@Briancrc,
I'm a Christian moralist, not a literalist. I'm only interested in decent moral character, so conspiracy theories about Lord Jesus don't interest me. Why would people want to ridicule a good character and teacher like Lord Jesus is inhuman and beyond me.
farmerman

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:27 pm
@Amoh5,
hey, spendi's back.( He was our resident A2K " George LeMaitre wannabe").
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not to prove, but remind. We all have good days and bad, we do need reminding at times
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:31 pm
@farmerman,
Carry on believing your myth
farmerman

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:38 pm
@Amoh5,
PS, If it werent for Henrietta LEavitt and Harlow Shapely , Father George would have nothing on which to base his math.
Maybe youre not spendi, but youre about 10 years behind the first discussion on Father George and spendi would dreg up the same arguments.

So what that a priest posited the hypothesis? It doesnt add one jot of extra cred. (Math lives without gods)
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:38 pm
@hingehead,
What are you wishing for? A genie?
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:44 pm
@farmerman,
He'd run rings around your understanding of physics, innovation upon the efforts of others has been around longer than what you think...
farmerman

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:48 pm
@Amoh5,
prhaps. I didnt realize your debate skills degrade into "his dick is bigger than yours"

Sure youre not spendi--He too was insanely obsessed with Father George
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:51 pm
@farmerman,
You seemed to imply that his contribution to science is insignificant, I only stated the obvious. The big and small dick thing made me laugh, I wouldn't look at it that way, thats funny alright...
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 07:00 pm
@farmerman,
anyway, as Nwton paraphrased from John of Salisbury:

" If I have seen further it is by standing on the sholders [sic] of Giants."

Le Maitre wasnt a NEwton while he did work with Shapely at Harvard for time enough to discern the motion, shape, and velocity of inflation of several galaxies. His "cosmic Egg" theory came later.

Like Watsonand Crick owe Rosalind Franklin a posthumous "thanks a lot for the Nobel Prize we stole", maybe Le Maitre owes a few go arounds.

Even Darwin decided to make his second and third editions of "Of the Origin..." a large apology and "thank you" to folks from whom he took bits and pieces of his notebooks (including Wallace and 35 others).