Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

InfraBlue

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Pointing out the irrelevancy of your navel gazing in regard to this thread is not petty. It's a matter of fact.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 07:32 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Pointing out the irrelevancy of your navel gazing in regard to this thread is not petty. It's a matter of fact.

It is not "navel gazing" except to someone who wants it to be. And I have already pointed out why I posted it, Blue...in one of my first responses to you.

You really ought to deal with whatever is bothering you another way. Doing it this way is going nowhere.
InfraBlue

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh, this is about the only worthwhile way to deal with your irrelevant navel gazing.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Oh, this is about the only worthwhile way to deal with your irrelevant navel gazing.

You ought to put more "dealing" into yourself, Blue. The frustration you exhibit makes you look like a loser.

But then again...there's an excellent chance you really are!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:47 pm
Then, after having pointed out the irrelevancy of your navel gazing, the second most worthwhile way to deal with it is to ignore it.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Then, after having pointed out the irrelevancy of your navel gazing, the second most worthwhile way to deal with it is to ignore it.

My comments were not irrelevant...nor did they constitute "navel gazing." That thought is just your frustration ruling you.

In any case, "ignoring me" seems to be something you are unable to do.

Give it a try, Blue. Really...work on it.

Wink
farmerman

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 06:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
you don't seem able to shut up about the matter Frank, why not jut let it all lie quietly and we all just slip away and have a holiday truce.
My wish would be ... forget it.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 08:18 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

you don't seem able to shut up about the matter Frank, why not jut let it all lie quietly and we all just slip away and have a holiday truce.
My wish would be ... forget it.

C'mon, FM...you are fairer than that.

I would love to drop it...but I am not going to have people like Blue give me the crap she is giving me without a response.
georgeob1

Wed 26 Nov, 2014 09:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well you are rushing to take her bait, and biting down on the hook with fierce tenacity. (F$#%ing Italians - not nearly as easygoing as Irishmen.) Take farmerman's advice. Tomorrow you'll feel OK and she'll still be whatever she is now.
Frank Apisa

Wed 26 Nov, 2014 09:49 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Well you are rushing to take her bait, and biting down on the hook with fierce tenacity. (F$#%ing Italians - not nearly as easygoing as Irishmen.) Take farmerman's advice. Tomorrow you'll feel OK and she'll still be whatever she is now.

Sounds like a plan!

Have a nice Turkey Day, George.

I'm gonna drink like an Irishman!

Enjoyed your play on Churchill's comment!
Wink
georgeob1

Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Enjoy the day my friend!

That one is a lesson I've had to learn (sometimes with considerable difficulty) many times. I'm sure that doesn't surprise you.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 26 Nov, 2014 11:56 pm
For the record, I'm male.
timur

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 12:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
Seemed obvious but some people have no clue..
Frank Apisa

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 12:21 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Seemed obvious but some people have no clue..

Obvious!!!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif
timur

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 12:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
As previously stated, you are a sad clown.

You have no clue as well..
Frank Apisa

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 12:59 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

As previously stated, you are a sad clown.

Does this look like a "sad" clown?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0wwyuTqq0JXHx3Kh8L9ztDDutSIO6BiT0fuYQQpoEYaTRnyzl

I am a very happy clown.

Quote:

You have no clue as well..

Yeah...I've got a clue.

Here it is: This is a sad clown:

http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/e697eed81fa60b5e4623b72a3de23767?r=R&d=identicon&s=40
timur

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 01:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You can continue posting your clownishness..
Frank Apisa

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 01:04 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

You can continue posting your clownishness..

Okay.

http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/e697eed81fa60b5e4623b72a3de23767?r=R&d=identicon&s=40

How was that?
0 Replies

TheJackal

Mon 8 Dec, 2014 03:44 am
@wandeljw,
I would say just five minutes contemplating the complexity of cognitive systems would arguably point out why ID is a self-refuting concept..., not in the context that things can't be intelligently designed, but in the context that if one's argument is that complex systems, structures, worlds, or organisms need an Intelligent designer, it must conclude itself self-refuting or deal with infinite regress, or infinite egress.

Hence the major problem with all this is that the very conscious state is not without cause, it is but rather a product of the processes and systems in which produce it. It is there for that no sentient source can truly answer the question of origins, and it is rather the obvious instead. The obvious being literally that of existence itself as the source origin and totality of all that there is, was, or will become.. Existence is the essence, mode, and soul of life, the Universe, and sentient existence. There is no-where else to which we could have come from, no other origin, and no other place to which we may exist. Hence we are literally that of our creator, and in being so, we create as we are very much a part of causality as well as a product there of.

Frank Apisa

Mon 8 Dec, 2014 07:22 am
@TheJackal,
TheJackal wrote:

I would say just five minutes contemplating the complexity of cognitive systems would arguably point out why ID is a self-refuting concept..., not in the context that things can't be intelligently designed, but in the context that if one's argument is that complex systems, structures, worlds, or organisms need an Intelligent designer, it must conclude itself self-refuting or deal with infinite regress, or infinite egress.

Hence the major problem with all this is that the very conscious state is not without cause, it is but rather a product of the processes and systems in which produce it. It is there for that no sentient source can truly answer the question of origins, and it is rather the obvious instead. The obvious being literally that of existence itself as the source origin and totality of all that there is, was, or will become.. Existence is the essence, mode, and soul of life, the Universe, and sentient existence. There is no-where else to which we could have come from, no other origin, and no other place to which we may exist. Hence we are literally that of our creator, and in being so, we create as we are very much a part of causality as well as a product there of.

I THINK I consider this argument of yours to be essentially nonsense...but I am willing simply to characterize it as wrong.

Unfortunately, you needlessly complicate your arguments with unnecessary words and comments...so it is difficult to deal with your arguments.

Here is an example...English words strung together for what reason?

Quote:
It is there for that no sentient source can truly answer the question of origins, and it is rather the obvious instead.

Anyway, you opened with:

Quote:
I would say just five minutes contemplating the complexity of cognitive systems would arguably point out why ID is a self-refuting concept.

If you are saying there is no possibility of intelligent design...just say it.

Are you?